Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

We are talking about the same company that passed on Petra Nemcova, Kate Upton and many other models who are Ashley's type. I'm sure they will pass on her too being the idiots they are

I don't even like her at all but I'm sure she would get a lot more PR tha a lot of their current models.

Ashley Sky went to VS for god only knows what, but if she isn't hired there is no justice in the world.

This girl has a huge cult following in America and a body made for sin.

post-21861-0-1446080952-25284_thumb.jpg post-21861-0-1446080952-27726_thumb.jpg post-21861-0-1446080952-31429_thumb.jpg 5372dc260089817.jpg

th_b04ba3260089818.jpg/monthly_06_2013/post-21861-0-1446080952-33526_thumb.jpg" data-fileid="3653640" alt="post-21861-0-1446080952-33526_thumb.jpg" data-ratio="100"> 0df3f9260089821.jpg 68477d260089823.jpg

^ could sell lighters in hell.

:heart:

I could Ashley doing some catalogue work for VS but nothing else outside of that. TPTB just don't have in them to cast models like that for their show or make them Angels.

I wouldn't mind seeing Jac work for VS in any capacity.

We are talking about the same company that passed on Petra Nemcova, Kate Upton and many other models who are Ashley's type. I'm sure they will pass on her too being the idiots they are

I don't even like her at all but I'm sure she would get a lot more PR tha a lot of their current models.

Damn VS be fucking up, Petra would have been perfect for the brand especially in her prime just look at her runway walk/presence it just screams VS. And On Ashley Sky girl def has a banging bod, but idk I'm still not completely sold on her she seems like any other Tumblr model and I doubt VS would put her too good use especially now in the direction the company has been going. Like Trends said she will probably do some catalog work if nothing else.

Body image group protests at Victoria's Secret in San Francisco

SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) - Several people from the organization "About-Face" took off most of their clothes in front of Victoria's Secret in San Francisco Saturday. The group feels the chain portrays a body image that's unrealistic. Protesters say not everyone can be a size one with great curves.

"Not everybody needs to be like that in order to be attractive, in order to be awesome in general," said About-Face Executive Director Jennifer Berger. "And we really wanted to speak out against that whole, that whole piece of it. You know, all the people here really like the way that they look."

post-2904-0-1446080952-95637_thumb.jpg

abclocal.go.com/kgo

It's not VS's fault that the whole industry has skinny models. They've always been poaching HF models, it's just that now HF models are very skinny. And I'd rather they send a "thin and active" message than an "fat is healthy" one, tbh.

Anyways, the Swim tour will be held on July 10, 18 and 25. No word on the models (but lbr it'll be Candice and Erin everywhere) and voting for the cities ends tomorrow.

It's not VS's fault that the whole industry has skinny models. They've always been poaching HF models, it's just that now HF models are very skinny. And I'd rather they send a "thin and active" message than an "fat is healthy" one, tbh.

The point is that VS makes a decision to choose those skinny body types, it's not like there aren't are plenty of models with a healthier normalized body in the industry. Dionni, Michea, Kate, Robyn Lawley, Jessica Gomes, Valerie Van Der Graaf to name a few.

These are same people who openly professed Karlie as perfection even before she was made an angel... now that's fine and dandy, but if you show that bias towards a body type and that's all you show your customers for a long enough period of time, people will take notice, and people will go tried of it. That's human nature.

Perhaps the companies weak and declining sales over the last 3+ years are starting to reflect an overall change in how the public not only perceives the products they sell, but the models (coat hangers) they use to sell them on the runway and in the catalog.

People got excited both times Kate made the catalog, she brought a community together to converse about her and the company. Perhaps VS should start to give their customers what they want and not what VS wants, and realize that healthier body types are not bad, and they can sell.

VS likes skinny models. When they featured Anja loud and proud in their fashion shows, or put the likes of Sasha P in their catalog , that's not sending a healthy image to the general public now is it?

What is that guy doing there? GTFO!

Do you even need to ask that?

It's San Fransisco... :heart::rofl:

There are more transgender, drag queens, odd-ball types and activists in the bay area then anywhere in world (except Japan... wtf)

My guess is he wears the lingerie himself and he's a social activist,

The point is that VS makes a decision to choose those skinny body types, it's not like there aren't are plenty of models with a healthier normalized body in the industry. Dionni, Michea, Kate, Robyn Lawley, Jessica Gomes, Valerie Van Der Graaf to name a few.

These are same people who openly professed Karlie as perfection even before she was made an angel... now that's fine and dandy, but if you show that bias towards a body type and that's all you show your customers for a long enough period of time, people will take notice, and people will go tried of it. That's human nature.

Perhaps the companies weak and declining sales over the last 3+ years are starting to reflect an overall change in how the public not only perceives the products they sell, but the models (coat hangers) they use to sell them on the runway and in the catalog.

People got excited both times Kate made the catalog, she brought a community together to converse about her and the company. Perhaps VS should start to give their customers what they want and not what VS wants, and realize that healthier body types are not bad, and they can sell.

VS likes skinny models. When they featured Anja loud and proud in their fashion shows, or put the likes of Sasha P in their catalog , that's not sending a healthy image to the general public now is it?

Yes to all of this. And to make things worse, they're constantly claiming in those casting videos that they only look for "healthy", "curvy" models and that they don't cast unhealthy or "skinny" girls. Yet, Monica made it pretty clear on her true preferences in that New York Times article a few years back. When "curvier models" do go to castings- and there are a good amount that do- they rarely actually make it into the show.

I bet those idiots in San Francisco are among the ones who called Karolina Kurkova fat in 2008 and laughed at her when they showed her outfit breaking at the VSFS. So they can suck it.

I don't like most of the Angel's bodies these days either, but I think people is very hypocrite about the subject, Karlie is too skinny but Karolina is too fat and blablabla, people will never be happy no matter what VS does.

And the ones who do make it into the show still seem to have pressure to lose weight. It's fresh in my mind how someone like Marisa, who was ridiculously fit anyways, felt the need to push even harder for VSFS 2009. Thank god she herself acknowledged that she had gone a little too far. Or how Alessandra looked so glowing in 2008 for VSFS and maybe the baby weight hadn't completely melted away at that point but sadly by the time the following year's show was happening she had lost some of her healthy glow. There are also many other examples like Karolina.

They should just let the models be their gorgeous selves. Individuals. I mean when you look at that old "I Love My Body" ad it almost looks like a joke meant to make fun of Victoria's Secret because all of the girls look so similar. Or how they photoshop the pictures unnecessarily when the original pictures look great and more natural!

And the ones who do make it into the show still seem to have pressure to lose weight. It's fresh in my mind how someone like Marisa, who was ridiculously fit anyways, felt the need to push even harder for VSFS 2009. Thank god she herself acknowledged that she had gone a little too far. Or how Alessandra looked so glowing in 2008 for VSFS and maybe the baby weight hadn't completely melted away at that point but sadly by the time the following year's show was happening she had lost some of her healthy glow. There are also many other examples like Karolina.

They should just let the models be their gorgeous selves. Individuals. I mean when you look at that old "I Love My Body" ad it almost looks like a joke meant to make fun of Victoria's Secret because all of the girls look so similar. Or how they photoshop the pictures unnecessarily when the original pictures look great and more natural!

This is true like shanina shaik. I remember in an interview she was happy she lost weight for it I think. And you can see in 2011 she was way bigger than in 2012, and even now snce she isn't working for them lately her body is back to how it was in 2011.

Also behati. In a casting video ed noticed she lost weight her praised her and she like giggled and was happy, and its funny how she is used more now.

Also candice in 2011 the whole anorexic claim, i'm sure she wasn't anorexic, but its funny how just like behati, after becoming an official angel she dropped alot of weight and her body still isn't like it was in 2008/2010.

I won't criticize Adriana and Doutzen because they are bigger, especially adriana. And when she does lose weight around vs time I think she does it for herself lol.

But I do think VS does corrupt the fans like Adriana returning, she wasn't AS bad as some people made it seem she just had outfits that were unflattering. For the most part she was ok. But there were fans saying she didn't reach the "requirements" ..... :nicole: and I loved alessandra in 2008 but I remember people saying she wasn't ready still. even though she was not that bad either. Even on here you see it.

Yeah VS has corrupted minds lol but still its a whole lot of people and brands,magazines, who do and it would be better if they expand their focus. I just think people are better off just having a mind of their own and being stronger minded when it comes to certain things. And this is one of those things because its nothing but a superficial topic, you don't need someone to tell you how skinny you should be. I love VS and I follow it but in no way am I influenced how I see myself by what I see in ads. As a matter of fact skinny isn't even that attractive imo.

Yeah Victoria's Secret and other media does have an influence on perceptions. Like I remember seeing America's Next Top Model when I didn't know anything about models and Tyra was comforting a plus sized model who was feeling insecure by saying how she (Tyra) was the biggest girl for Victoria's Secret but she still had to bring it. Now I had no idea what Victoria's Secret was but I remember thinking that the other girls must look like horrible skeletons if Tyra the mentor and a living Barbie doll was supposed to be the biggest and like it was a big deal that Tya was that size! I also remember watching VSFS 2005 and Monica Mitro said how there are many women who would love to have a body like Tyra's and I thought it sounded a little odd like she needed to justify Tyra's body even though she was a top model so naturally women would think that her body is great! Of course now looking back I can absolutely see that she was bigger than the average model and how it could have been "unusual". So there was a little loss of innocence :cry: :D

TKC I buy your theory on Behati. I mean in 2009 they gave her one outfit and she had sweat pants on even though she was supposed to be the Pink Angel.

Candice... I remember thinking it was a little messed up when she talked about how she wanted to gain weight back and in the same sentence talked about having a diet and boxing which is one of the most intense workouts you can do! And when she first talked about doing boxing I was like noo because I didn't want her to change her unique body to be more similar to the other girls who were also boxing.

And when Monica Mitro interviewed Adriana after VSFS 2012 I got a weird vibe like she didn't think Adriana should have been on the runway.

The thing is, the girls that VS hires do not necessarily want to work only for VS. Maybe Candice lost weight because she wanted to be the hot new thing in HF (and it worked for a short while) not because VS asked her to.

It's also obvious that the girls won't want to have anything too flabby while on TV where there's no photoshop. It's the same thing for actor/actresses and singers when they take their clothes off for a movie/series/music video.