Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

^ Agreed. Some girls (Erin & Lindsay and Adriana in recent years) decide to settle for VS and they pretty much stop working for other clients because VS gives them enough money for less work and that's okay. But a girl is smart like Alessandra, Miranda, Candice, etc and you milk all the VS press it will take you places, specially the last two, I mean Miranda & Candice were completely unknown models until they got contracted by VS, I'm not even a fan of Candice but at least she's not a lazy bitch and she's come a long way. Same happens with the girls who get SI covers, look at Kate Upton and all she's done and look at Bar, Irina, Marisa, etc . VS can give you all the press in the work but if you're stupid (or your PR people/booker is) then you won't get much out of it and if you're planning on having a career after your VS days are over, you should try to keep your name & face out there or you'll be forgotten in the blink of an eye.

However, I do think VS has made some stupid choices on who are they contracting in recent years. These days I feel like any model (Lais, Bregje, Toni, Barbara, Sara, Elsa, etc) could get a contract tomorrow and I wouldn't be shocked and that's not a good thing, it lost all the prestige it had back in the early 00's. These days I'd rather have my favorite models doing regular VS work without becoming Angels, now they get a lot of catalogue pages and they are even doing PR for the brand, so what's the point of signing an exclusive contract for them now? :idk:

I can see the point of both of you and agree - it´s all about how the girls (or rather their PR teams) will use the opportunity and milk on it.

That´s why I claim that being a VS angel (or a regular VS model) does not make you a star automatically - it is not a career-making point in any of the model´s life. (By the way, which brand is, in the end??) It is a great opportunity that gives you lots of display - but it´s more like VS using models fame (e.g. Karlie) than the other way round.

We all know that the modeling industry itself is becomming tougher and thougher with all the new young wonderful models coming out each year - so you really have to work your ass to get somewhere, and VS itself is not going to make a huge difference for the model if she herself won´t try everything that comes to her.

Understood?

^ Agreed. Some girls (Erin & Lindsay and Adriana in recent years) decide to settle for VS and they pretty much stop working for other clients because VS gives them enough money for less work and that's okay. But a girl is smart like Alessandra, Miranda, Candice, etc and you milk all the VS press it will take you places, specially the last two, I mean Miranda & Candice were completely unknown models until they got contracted by VS, I'm not even a fan of Candice but at least she's not a lazy bitch and she's come a long way. Same happens with the girls who get SI covers, look at Kate Upton and all she's done and look at Bar, Irina, Marisa, etc . VS can give you all the press in the work but if you're stupid (or your PR people/booker is) then you won't get much out of it and if you're planning on having a career after your VS days are over, you should try to keep your name & face out there or you'll be forgotten in the blink of an eye.

However, I do think VS has made some stupid choices on who are they contracting in recent years. These days I feel like any model (Lais, Bregje, Toni, Barbara, Sara, Elsa, etc) could get a contract tomorrow and I wouldn't be shocked and that's not a good thing, it lost all the prestige it had back in the early 00's. These days I'd rather have my favorite models doing regular VS work without becoming Angels, now they get a lot of catalogue pages and they are even doing PR for the brand, so what's the point of signing an exclusive contract for them now? :idk:

THIS^^^^^

^Yes, this. But at the same time, it did give Adriana the privilege to take what she wants to take. Which is only the big campaigns and projects. Ale takes anything and everything which hasn't been really big things that are playing big bucks. The majority. Plus, Doutzen pretty much confirmed Adriana sold her soul to VS. Erin and Lindsay have no excuse though. At least Erin tried. If I don't make any sense it's 1:30 PM and I am on my jury duty trial break having drinks at a bar near the courthouse which also happens to be near Yankee Stadium and friended an 80-year-old guy.

Still, if Adriana keeps doing this (or not doing anything else?) her career will be in the toilet after she leaves VS, she needs to build bridges with other brands/photographers

I do agree that Alessandra needs to stop doing all the weird crap she's doing. Doing Almacenes Exito was like a whole new low for me

^Yeah Adriana needs to do SOMETHING other than VS I mean I know she loves the brand and they love her, because right now I feel once her run with VS ends she will pretty much falll off the face of the earth sad to say unlike girls like Gisele, Heidi, Tyra, even Miranda a little bit.

I don't think she cares about a career after this, She should. But she doesn't. I feel like she doesn't care for anything thats not VS. And if her career is over after them she will be fine with it. Other models want to be able to branch off into other things, but Adriana is not one of those models.

I've seen her talk about what she'd like to do after VS and modelling and what heidi and tyra have become aren't in her agenda(and even if she wants to do acting that's not in her agenda either imo lol). US fans may want to see her more afterwards but I don't think she is going for it. her decision.

I do agree that Alessandra needs to stop doing all the weird crap she's doing. Doing Almacenes Exito was like a whole new low for me

You mean when Miranda did a commercial for a detergent (that wasn't even solo) earlier this year?

Still, if Adriana keeps doing this (or not doing anything else?) her career will be in the toilet after she leaves VS, she needs to build bridges with other brands/photographers

I agree with you.

I also think Adriana doesn't really cares anymore,everything she's doing is moving really slow,I'm happy she did Miu Miu,It's something big at least,but I feel like all models are doing everything possible to get many different campaigns,to walk,to appear,expect her. Even Lily started working. I think Doutzen is working the best of all the VS models (maybe after Miranda),getting contract with H&M showed her confidence,that she really has some goals,I don't know how million times she shoot for Vogue this and last year! I'm asking if Adriana is going to shoot anything expect VS this year!

I'm still hoping for some real,good photoshoot for something or for some magazine,that doesn't looks old and too dark....

Adriana is one in Billion,she's famous now,she can really make amazing job with anything......but it's her decision.

Adriana would probably have said "No she is a basic bitch goodbye"

Been watching too much BGC, ehh? :p

Lol imagine if VS was really like the Bad Girls Club I can imagina Adriana yelling "I RUN VS BITCHES!" and Candice and Miranda having a hair pulling match with each other. smily%20new%20one.gif

Da f*ck is this tumblr ass page. :mellow:

MTE.

post-44858-0-1446080920-10642_thumb.gif

You're on a VS page and you're posting BCG gifs....

Yeah talking about VS models and VS angels on this VS page, and what those VS models and VS angels would say and do using those gifs. because they are visual for those VS models and VS angels. Actually the gifs are more relevant than the one you used. Not like anybody got off topic, in which no one did. Just used gifs just like you used them.

But we were still talking about VS in case you didn't get the memo somehow. Not like we were purposely and randomly posting them on there because of a show for no reason.

Well we could talk about Kendall and modelling the new Agua Bendita collection which is such a downgrade considering they've used such supermodels in the past and now this must mean Kendall is totalllllyyy worthy of becoming an Angel and she should wear the Fantasy Bra tomorrow which will light up and shoot fireworks as she holds Sherri Hill's hand down the runway and looks totally shocked because she got lost in her walk in wardrobe last night. :baronlamesign:

VS hasn't done anything exciting lately anyways, we could talk about Adam and Leo's new :wub: beau's but lets be honest, that will be the same story on repeat, expect Nina in a Maroon 5 video or something and cue le break up.

:guitar: :guitar: :guitar: :guitar: :guitar: :guitar: :guitar: :guitar: