Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

30 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

First Oscar for Chile! :chicken: 

3 minutes ago, jkjk said:

When I saw that, I was wondering if you were watching.   :excited:

Also, Rita Moreno presented. That has nothing to do with Chile, I just like her.  :thumbsup:

Correcting myself: 2nd Oscar, but first one for a movie. The previous one was for a short animated film. 

1 hour ago, toodarnhot said:

Candice Swanepoel needs to do something about her hair/roots. :ninja:  I can't believe she did the campaign for her own damn brand with her hair looking like that. 

+her hair are fried. She needs to cut it short (like Elsa's)

5 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

^

I find that many models look worse after they're dolled up for fancy events.   It's not really the model but the makeup, styling, and outfit...seems incongruent with how they look.

Lais is looking average all the time. + very unsymmetrical face.

6 minutes ago, frenchkiki said:

+her hair are fried. She needs to cut it short (like Elsa's)

+1 It's so over processed on the ends now, and looks just unkempt. :/ And the darkness of the roots really emphasize how overbleached it is right now.  "Mermaid hair" isn't split ends and scraggly volume, Candy. 

The Oscars show each year is getting less and less viewers because of many reasons, starting from the same winners in every award show to the jury being unfair. I think they need a boost and that can only be made with letting people vote, since it’s us who go to the movies. So that we stop seeing flat reactions from the actors - same for us viewers - and we see a variety of winners, not the same ones all over again. They all deserve to win an award and letting people vote would help the Oscars A LOT. Or maybe they can let people vote for who deserves to be nominated and the jury would choose the winner among them.

13 hours ago, lostdiadem said:

The Oscars show each year is getting less and less viewers because of many reasons, starting from the same winners in every award show to the jury being unfair. I think they need a boost and that can only be made with letting people vote, since it’s us who go to the movies. So that we stop seeing flat reactions from the actors - same for us viewers - and we see a variety of winners, not the same ones all over again. They all deserve to win an award and letting people vote would help the Oscars A LOT. Or maybe they can let people vote for who deserves to be nominated and the jury would choose the winner among them.

I think you gave the main reason for the flat reactions, that there are so many award shows and the same people/movies win. By the time of the Oscars, most categories winners are almost certain and everyone in the room knows.   :thumbs_up:

I don't think having the average movie goer chose the winner would be a good fix, but I'm not sure what is. If everyone gets to vote, then the winners are probably going to be the favorite actors/movies/television instead of the best (People's Choice Awards).   :idk:

5 minutes ago, jkjk said:

I don't think having the average movie goer chose the winner would be a good fix, but I'm not sure what is. If everyone gets to vote, then the winners are probably going to be the favorite actors/movies/television instead of the best (People's Choice Awards).   :idk:

Well the nominations can still be made by the critics so there would be quality movies and actors/actresses anyway. In the other popular award shows there are the blockbusters and most successful movies in the US. Not the same thing. :D 

1 minute ago, jkjk said:

I think you gave the main reason for the flat reactions, that there are so many award shows and the same people/movies win. By the time of the Oscars, most categories winners are almost certain and everyone in the room knows.   :thumbs_up:

I have worked in movie production and I could tell you the winners are usually the ones who woo and "bribe" the judges the best. So you could have a fantastic film but if the film company doesn't have a lot of money to shell out  to bribe the judges then it decreases their chances of winning. This is semi-public knowledge :smile:

2 minutes ago, lostdiadem said:

Well the nominations can still be made by the critics so there would be quality movies and actors/actresses anyway. In the other popular award shows there are the blockbusters and most successful movies in the US. Not the same thing. :D 

We can come up with ideas, and maybe some combination of the them could work, but they are never going to give up control.   :smile:

1 minute ago, PinkCouture said:

I have worked in movie production and I could tell you the winners are usually the ones who woo and "bribe" the judges the best. So you could have a fantastic film but if the film company doesn't have a lot of money to shell out  to bribe the judges then it decreases their chances of winning. This is semi-public knowledge :smile:

It may be more than semi-public knowledge that this is how the process works, but there are limits to it. It's true that a small movie with no money has a harder time wooing the judges, but no amount of money can overcome a truly bad movie and get a win.  :smile:

The Academy has changed the makeup of its members in recent years in hopes of avoiding ridicule, but the fact that keeps them free of complete distrust in the system is that there is very rarely a clear best anything. In any year a number of actors, movies, directors could win and it's hard to say they didn't deserve it. You can say someone else did, but not that the winner didn't. (somewhat off topic, but I was bored and I thought of it  ;))

11 hours ago, frenchkiki said:

That is not going to happen ^^ Americans can't even vote for a decent president :rofl:

Not our fault we had two shitty candidates to choose from and not to mention the whack jobs vying for both nominations.

The system is FUBAR.