Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

2 hours ago, PinkCouture said:

I have worked in movie production and I could tell you the winners are usually the ones who woo and "bribe" the judges the best. So you could have a fantastic film but if the film company doesn't have a lot of money to shell out  to bribe the judges then it decreases their chances of winning. This is semi-public knowledge :smile:

2 hours ago, jkjk said:

We can come up with ideas, and maybe some combination of the them could work, but they are never going to give up control.   :smile:

It may be more than semi-public knowledge that this is how the process works, but there are limits to it. It's true that a small movie with no money has a harder time wooing the judges, but no amount of money can overcome a truly bad movie and get a win.  :smile:

The Academy has changed the makeup of its members in recent years in hopes of avoiding ridicule, but the fact that keeps them free of complete distrust in the system is that there is very rarely a clear best anything. In any year a number of actors, movies, directors could win and it's hard to say they didn't deserve it. You can say someone else did, but not that the winner didn't. (somewhat off topic, but I was bored and I thought of it  ;))

What could go wrong with pretentious elitist assholes awarding pretentious elitist hypocritical assholes? :chicken:

Certain women posting International Women’s Day quotes and post stuff like “Girls run the world!!!” and talk about equality yet a few minutes later those same women go on and on about how women are more superior and do everything better than men. Do they not realize how stupid they sound? Fighting for equality yet they think it’s okay to call themselves better and more superior? :rofl: The hypocrisy... 

3 hours ago, CandleVixen said:

Yes.

Interesting :chicken:

2 hours ago, *Luna* said:

Why wouldn’t a guy be able to admit that?

Have you ever met an alpha male that oozes machismo? :chicken:

I'm not saying you're right or wrong, but look at it though the different types of males' point of view. :chicken:

@Stromboli1 I have, but there are lots of definitions and lots of people seem to have a different idea as to what it actually means to be "macho".. Google:

machismo

strong or aggressive masculine pride.

or

Machismo is the sense of being 'manly' and self-reliant, the concept associated with "a strong sense of masculine pride: an exaggerated masculinity." It is associated with "a man’s responsibility to provide for, protect, and defend his family." 

I wouldn't say being "manly" means that a man can't say that another male is attractive. Saying someone is attractive doesn't automatically mean that there's more behind it or that the person saying it wants something. 

God creates man. Man destroys God. Man is afraid to be gay because they think another guy is good looking

Woman inherits the earth and creates dinosaurs.

Could a guy admit another guy is good looking without being physically attracted to that guy?

The answer is of course YES

Is there any woman in here who is afraid to be gay because she thinks another woman is hot?

00.gif.08ddb87d8d7b4a0bb2774a086dc9010a.gif