Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

5 hours ago, phenobarbie said:

So last I checked if you impeach the president the vice president steps into the position. So please liberals.. Impeach the man standing between you and the  guy who believes in rehabilitation for gays.

I think the idea is that Mueller's investigation will take them all down, possibly including Paul Ryan (who would be third in line).

Not saying that this will happen. By which I don't mean to say that I believe Trump & co are innocent, but it is very rare for such powerful people to face the consequences of their crimes.

On 9/23/2017 at 8:08 AM, Enrico_sw said:

@Cult Icon I like to talk to women that I don't know. I'm from a culture where we don't mind talking to strangers. But people are discussing about another subject here and we shouldn't mix the two (because they are clearly different). I understand some of the points you're trying to make (not all of them though), but it's not in the right context right now.

Fair seduction (or whatever the term in the US, i.e. men and women meeting) is a key part of us. Breaking it would be terrible, but that's what our politicians are trying to do. They label themselves "progressists" which is supposed to allow them to get control of everyone and to do crazy stuff like suspecting all men. It reminds me of a former law called "Law of Suspects". If it starts to happen again, this country is doomed.

The perspective I offer is however, inter-related.  Eg. in NYC there is a cold approach culture (being social) that is a positive thing.  It also has complicated social dynamics, and it shouldn't be simplified and codified. Of course, there are sexual crimes (Central park is known for having rapes and muggings while at the same time, a romantic site)  The OP had almost nothing about the subject(no article, just the titles from a news aggregator it seems).   I don't have a opinion about that but before any progressive push, the media is generally inundated with shock articles/interviews designed to shift public opinion with slow mental penetration.

overall, the socializing on the street and the public transportation is a complicated issue.  I know what you are talking about- create a policing bureaucracy with public funds that survives on an artificial frame, forced into the public.  It empowers the ambitious politicians, creates jobs to combat the 'public hazard', and taxes the public.

2 hours ago, frenchkiki said:

What crimes ?^^

Nothing substantial will be revealed until they have a solid case. Mueller isn't as short sided and not willing to jump the gun the way Trump did to defend his sons innocence at one point :rofl: And as @SympathysSilhouette mentioned, I too believe this will be a domino effect and more than Trump and the VP will be ousted once all has been said and done. Heck, just look at all the current victims given the boot in the current administration over nothing substantial. I truly hope the above happens as we have far too much shit to sweep out, out of every branch of government at the moment :ninja: And on a side note, dems need to make it clear to themselves that they aren't on solid ground either! We have far too many disgruntled citenzs tired of a constipated congress not able to crap out one decent piece of legislation for the people! Sadly we all know what side is currently plugging up the pipes in congress and has been doing so for the past few administrations :cain: 

@Cult Icon Some of our media/politicians live in the world of good and evil. There are the good guys (them) and the bad guys. Once they have set their rules, everything is simple. "Bad" is if you don't agree with every word they say. One "nuance" or a slight disagreement and you can be on the suspect list. Now, they will, from time to time, warn people "not to make amalgams", but, when they do it, it's because they want to impose another amalgam (a counter amalgam, ie. a "good" one...)

That's why it's important to remind them that some subjects are distinct and that everybody is not to be put in the same basket.

I don't know much about US politics, but Trump could be an example. This guy is far from perfect (euphemism), probably not very good and a bit crazy (sometimes he looks like an overexcited kid). But for some of your media, he's the incarnation of evil, which is very convenient for them, because when you have a dangerous enemy, you can hide all your imperfections. A couple of thoughts:

- did Trump win... or did Clinton lose? (I know it's a tautology, but I like this one :rofl:)

- alternative facts are crazy. But do they exist because in the past some media have also been bending the truth in order to impose their views?

13 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

@Cult Icon Some of our media/politicians live in the world of good and evil. There are the good guys (them) and the bad guys. Once they have set their rules, everything is simple. "Bad" is if you don't agree with every word they say. One "nuance" or a slight disagreement and you can be on the suspect list. Now, they will, from time to time, warn people "not to make amalgams", but, when they do it, it's because they want to impose another amalgam (a counter amalgam, ie. a "good" one...)

That's why it's important to remind them that some subjects are distinct and that everybody is not to be put in the same basket.

I often think of the maxim that politics has to be understandable- thus dumbed down for maximum emotional and practical effort.   I have strong views on some things (because I have experience or have taught myself enough) but I'm sure that non-partisan experts will school me on the rest.  

The chief currency is exploiting the very limited time/attention span of the people they are targeting.   This is one of the tenets of Alinsky's Rules for Radicals (a famous community organizer's manual) and many quotes from politicians and gov't bureacrats, even Adolf Hitler.  One of HItler's famous quotes was that the politics has to be dumbed down to the dumbest of the dumb.   

Issues are framed in a simple (often manichean) way because of the logistics.  There can't be a 2,000 page analysis of a certain policy. Smartphones and the internet have vastly expanded the scope but the quality has gone down for many publications, like the NYT and the WSJ.  Also, shocking headlines and black/white depictions of things generate more attention in general, thus encouraging more eyeballs.  Pre-internet, Americans read a lot of newpapers and journals.  These days, it's the internet/smartphone media but a good newletter is very useful. 

It's hard not to wonder about those people who, having spent ages banging on about Merkel "trying to achieve what Hitler couldn't", are now cheering the rise in popularity of a bunch of actual neo-Nazis. And whether or not the irony of that would be lost on them.

For what it's worth though, I can see AfD going the way of the UKIPs over the next few years. As soon as they're no longer able to hide behind generic platitudes, their personalities will generate enough aversion to phase them out again.

On 9/24/2017 at 11:56 AM, Enrico_sw said:

I don't know much about US politics, but Trump could be an example. This guy is far from perfect (euphemism), probably not very good and a bit crazy (sometimes he looks like an overexcited kid). But for some of your media, he's the incarnation of evil, which is very convenient for them, because when you have a dangerous enemy, you can hide all your imperfections. A couple of thoughts:

- did Trump win... or did Clinton lose? (I know it's a tautology, but I like this one :rofl:)

- alternative facts are crazy. But do they exist because in the past some media have also been bending the truth in order to impose their views?

7 hours ago, Michael* said:

It's hard not to wonder about those people who, having spent ages banging on about Merkel "trying to achieve what Hitler couldn't", are now cheering the rise in popularity of a bunch of actual neo-Nazis. And whether or not the irony of that would be lost on them.

For what it's worth though, I can see AfD going the way of the UKIPs over the next few years. As soon as they're no longer able to hide behind generic platitudes, their personalities will generate enough aversion to phase them out again.

I took a course about Masculinity and Male Depression.  There is also a related course about Female Depression. It was mind blowing in that it discussed things that I observed but could not explain in such detail or fully connect.   The general gist is that men and women's biology, which evolved mostly in Africa, is mismatched more with their lifestyles than ever before.  This has lead to a surge in mental illness and depression.  Indicators of "well being/happiness" in the US have gone down in the past 25 years.   A big issue is that consumer of the US economy is  female dominated (corporate advertising/media is largely shifted towards SJW and "female empowerment",mainly to sell goods and services), which has annoyed men and also the high divorce rate, which leads to a lot of male depression (losing one's assets in a divorce and failing in a marriage is the mental equivalent of females getting raped in the psychology of men).   Also, the female retreat from their traditional roles since the 1960s.

The course was about a type of depression that can't be effectively treated with medication or therapy.  It's a type of castration, felt in the male brain stem. The loss of adventure and feeling of fulfillment as men are spending their lives in service jobs and slaving away in front of computer screens.  There are millions of men in the US that don't feel honored as men and don't respect the society and gov't that they live in.   The majority of men do not report their depression because it's considered emasculating and embarrassing to do so.  

If you look at purely emotional content, the right wing can be considered masculine and the left mentally feminine.  Men that feel emasculated will obviously gravitate towards the right, and I believe that the Global Recession/aftermath was what brought the wall down, discrediting the left and establishment right in the process.  

In a way, Trump is the truth rearing it's head.  There is probably over a hundred million diseffected men out there in the political west:

-Also, related to the media's anti-right bias, I believe it has to do with how professional and free-lance writers/journalists are largely people from a very narrow outlook/subset of US society.  The US media corporations recruit a lot of employees from the top 5 journalism schools, which are flaming left.  The majority of the people who have the money to attend these expensive schools are from more liberal and populated areas.  The US media has been traditionally left since the Tychoon era (late 1800s)  On the KWML model I posted earlier, they would be in the "Lover" category- a touchy feely feminine man.  Think of those "writers" who populate coffee shops with their skinny jeans, low testosterone bodies/high pitched voices, and black-rimmed glasses.

Also the left has stronger ties to EMT (Entertainment Media Tech) corporations (the majority of consumer dollars are executed by women and foreigners are important customers) and the interests of state/federal bureaucracies, which influences content.  Politicians and agency executives communicate regularly with the editorial boards and C-suite of media corporations.  The "state" is over half of the US economy, after all and need to promote their interests and financial power.

Also another interesting comment:

The instructor also treated US CEOs of large and medium sized corporations after their costly divorces.  Despite being ridiculously wealthy, they had the well being of a "feudal peasant" due to all the stresses pushing towards them.