Bellazon

Barbara Palvin
Thumbnail

sarnic

On the VS debate, am I being naive here but isn't working for L'Oreal a much bigger thing than working for VS, as L'Oreal is a more 'global' brand? If that's the case then wouldn't L'Oreal's views on Barbara's appearance be more important to her than VS's?

yes a L'Oreal contract is way more important for a model because VS is one big thing but only in the US. Now if a model wants to be famous and known in the US she had to work with VS (or have one million views on youtube because she danced in bikini or was on the cover of SI swimsuit issue) Since she signed with L'Oreal she is so famous in Europe and even people that had nothing to do with fashion (my mom first! smily%20new%20one.gif ) know who she is. Back in the 90's/00's working for VS for a model was just something aside their fashion work but now it's 90% of their time (especially the newbie or the Angels wanna be) Candice is working a bit more aside VS but I think she will work so much more for fashion magazines and doing fashion shows without VS. VS is like a golden prison for a model. Money & fame but prisoner for ever at doing the same thing over & over again.

Yes, I agree. Barbara's far too good a model to get stuck in the VS rut but I think she knows that. :yes:

VS is like a golden prison for a model. Money & fame but prisoner for ever at doing the same thing over & over again.

I couldn't have said it better :hehe:

I've always wanted to know how Gisele became known as angel but also did other things asides. I think Miranda Kerr is trying too.. Why the other models of Vs don't do it?? Sorry about the off topic question...

Love this pic... She looks incredible (minus the cigarette )

post-51835-0-1446058021-79814_thumb.jpg

On the VS debate, am I being naive here but isn't working for L'Oreal a much bigger thing than working for VS, as L'Oreal is a more 'global' brand? If that's the case then wouldn't L'Oreal's views on Barbara's appearance be more important to her than VS's?

Money & fame but prisoner for ever at doing the same thing over & over again.

But somehow, all models of the world aspire to this golden prison. :whistle:

Btw,Barbara is just :wub2:

In terms of name recognition, VS offers that more than any other modeling contract, including L'Oreal. L'Oreal is a much bigger outside the US than VS, but VS imo is still more important to models. A model like Candice, is still more famous in europe than Barbara even with her L'Oreal contract. I don't know why people still say VS ruins the careers of models. Adriana, Alessandra, Miranda, Candice are doing just fine. And they are not only known in the US

Candice is absolutely not famous in Europe sorry.

And VS is not ruining the careers of models, it's just slow all the things they could do outside VS and they are labeled as "VS models" everywhere.

And

when u say VS is important to models, it's just a perspective. If you love VS and you are a fan of Candice or Adriana or Miranda or etc. You are inclined to think it's important. But in the fashion world perspective it is not. VS is big money & quick fame & yes, lazy models are tempted to take the easy way: to work for VS! (and i don't blame them)

And VS is not ruining the careers of models, it's just slow all the things they could do outside VS and they are labeled as "VS models" everywhere.

And

when u say VS is important to models, it's just a perspective. If you love VS and you are a fan of Candice or Adriana or Miranda or etc. You are inclined to think it's important. But in the fashion world perspective it is not. VS is big money & quick fame & yes, lazy models are tempted to take the easy way: to work for VS! (and i don't blame them)

I absolutely agree about the VS! :yes: :yes: :yes:

:wub2:

I don't think so.

Why?

Because it's like any person with a job. U have the choice to have a safe job that u love (long term contract & money) but always doing the same thing most of the time or

u still can do the job that you love but u are taking more risks by working non stop with different brands/companies/magazines/etc.

I don't know how to explain this to you... A lot of models aspire to more diversities in their career (and more excitement I guess) then get stuck in the same thing all the time.

:wub2:

I don't think so.

Why?

Because it's like any person with a job. U have the choice to have a safe job that u love (long term contract & money) but always doing the same thing most of the time or

u still can do the job that you love but u are taking more risks by working non stop with different brands/companies/magazines/etc.

I don't know how to explain this to you... A lot of models aspire to more diversities in their career (and more excitement I guess) then get stuck in the same thing all the time.

I understood what you meant to say. :)

And

There's nothing to be sorry about. I'm not saying she's famous in Europe. I'm saying she's more famous than Barbara in Europe.

VS puts the girls on the map. Look at Candice, she now has a flourishing hf career thanks to them. Bregje did a music video for Marron 5, and I'm sure she was spotted at the show. The list goes on

I can definitely see what both of you mean. VS is going to get models exposure that they wouldn't necessarily have otherwise as well as lots of fans. It makes you famous. Some models probably only aspire to do VS. Some people don't look right on the runway just like some HF models couldn't work for VS. There are pluses and minuses to whichever type of career you choose. It's nice to see girls get the chance to do both. Personally I think Barbara is more suited towards commercial print modeling and VS because of her curvy body type. I love her body and she sells VS so well.

VIctoria's Secret vs. Other...I see we have a lively chat in regards to both options and there respective outcomes. Here is my quick 2 cents in regards to all the above to date. I just carry on the hopes that Barbara never decides to put "all her eggs in one basket" at any time in her future. I simply see VS as another opportunity for Barbara. Heck, many of the men/women I talk too don't even know who she is yet compared to Tyra, Lima, and Heide. So VS doesn't necessarily guarantee notoriety in the USA or a future career for that matter. As long as she holds a diverse portfolio and keeps on taking new directions with her career I see her sticking around for many years to come.

VS is like a golden prison for a model. Money & fame but prisoner for ever at doing the same thing over & over again.

I've always wanted to know how Gisele became known as angel but also did other things asides. I think Miranda Kerr is trying too.. Why the other models of Vs don't do it?? Sorry about the off topic question...

post-3761-0-1446058028-38947_thumb.jpg

To answer your question princess - Gisele was already well known before VS hired her - she actually made them even more popular. She was named "The Body" (I think by Alexander Mc Queen??), she was the runway queen, everyone wanted to work with her. So did VS. She never stopped working outside of it, but that all depends on the individual girl - Gisele is a business woman and has a great manager (her sister) and I hope Barbara will do the same and Candice as well. They are far more than just "VS girls".

Aside from this, I agree with Kiki absolutely (as always *sigh* ). You hella woman!!

That flaunt ed is priceless!!

1_S1_RCx_Edxc8.jpg

To answer your question princess - Gisele was already well known before VS hired her - she actually made them even more popular . She was named "The Body" (I think by Alexander Mc Queen??), she was the runway queen, everyone wanted to work with her. So did VS. She never stopped working outside of it, but that all depends on the individual girl - Gisele is a business woman and has a great manager (her sister) and I hope Barbara will do the same and Candice as well. They are far more than just "VS girls".

Aside from this, I agree with Kiki absolutely (as always *sigh* ). You hella woman!!

That flaunt ed is priceless!!

i'm side eyes this post tbh. Tell me you meant to say VS made her more popular? Because before VS, she was just another high fashion queen who wasn't well known.

That said, Barbara could be a very got model if she played her cards right. She has VS L'Oreal and is doing editorial. All she needs to do is start walking the fashion weeks.