Bellazon

Weight Loss

Liliana

I think most of this stuff is crap. Detoxing, counting calories, blah blah blah...those are just short term solutions. You can use it to look good for the summer or for a special event, but you'll gain it all back in the long run. That's why those mags come up with it every-time. Besides, in the end you'll look skinny-fat because these ways make you lose muscle and when you gain weight back, all of it is fluid and fat.

The best way to lose weight and keep it off without starving yourself to death is:

1. Eat lots of protein, veggies and fruits. Eat carbs too, but they can't be the bulk of your meal. 50/50. Quality over quantity. Rule of the thumb: one plate, no seconds per meal.

2. Pig out once in a while. Noone of us can eat healthy all day every day for the rest of our lives while all those unhealthy things are at our fingertips. I think everyone should be allowed go out and get wasted once in a while, or go to McDonalds, etc. Just do it sporadically.

3. Drink lots of water.

4. Exercise with free weights. You'll build up muscle, tone your body.

5. When you do your workout, workout 45 minutes or 60 minutes straight, without a real pause. I mean, sure you can rest a few seconds in between sets, but don't do more than that.

5. Cardio. Don't just run on the treadmill or the elliptical machine for ages, counting the cals you're burning. Cals mean nothing. They're as useless as the BMI scale because they don't take anything in account. You can eat a snickers bar á la 300 cals or you can eat a healthy little meal a la 300 cals. There's a big difference. So do intervals. Run as fast as you can for a minute, then slower for a minute, then work your way up. That does a lot more than just jogging at one steady pace.

That worked for me. I've always been thin, but I wasn't really in shape. I wanted to be and now I am. I used to weigh 118 lbs at a height of 5'10. Now I weigh 130 lbs and I look better because I gained a lot of muscle.

I think most of this stuff is crap. Detoxing, counting calories, blah blah blah...those are just short term solutions. You can use it to look good for the summer or for a special event, but you'll gain it all back in the long run. That's why those mags come up with it every-time. Besides, in the end you'll look skinny-fat because these ways make you lose muscle and when you gain weight back, all of it is fluid and fat.

The best way to lose weight and keep it off without starving yourself to death is:

1. Eat lots of protein, veggies and fruits. Eat carbs too, but they can't be the bulk of your meal. 50/50. Quality over quantity. Rule of the thumb: one plate, no seconds per meal.

2. Pig out once in a while. Noone of us can eat healthy all day every day for the rest of our lives while all those unhealthy things are at our fingertips. I think everyone should be allowed go out and get wasted once in a while, or go to McDonalds, etc. Just do it sporadically.

3. Drink lots of water.

4. Exercise with free weights. You'll build up muscle, tone your body.

5. When you do your workout, workout 45 minutes or 60 minutes straight, without a real pause. I mean, sure you can rest a few seconds in between sets, but don't do more than that.

5. Cardio. Don't just run on the treadmill or the elliptical machine for ages, counting the cals you're burning. Cals mean nothing. They're as useless as the BMI scale because they don't take anything in account. You can eat a snickers bar á la 300 cals or you can eat a healthy little meal a la 300 cals. There's a big difference. So do intervals. Run as fast as you can for a minute, then slower for a minute, then work your way up. That does a lot more than just jogging at one steady pace.

That worked for me. I've always been thin, but I wasn't really in shape. I wanted to be and now I am. I used to weigh 118 lbs at a height of 5'10. Now I weigh 130 lbs and I look better because I gained a lot of muscle.

You have to tweak this a bit depending on your metabolism, but that sounds about right.

I'm horrible at weight loss. Many a time have I tried to lose weight, but, never really stuck to it.

Let's start from the beginning. Eating habbits. Yeah, I pig out a lot, but, mainly, on healthy food. I can eat 50 graps in like 30 minutes. I usually eat an apple a day(But, for some reason, I'm still always getting sick. Stupid, old childrens sayings lie!) Whenever I pig out, I'm usually in the company of friends. Other than that, I usually stick to a 3 meals-a-day scheduale, and hardly ever have snacks, just because I'm not hungry.

Water. Yeah, I drink crap loads of it. Probably about 2 bottles a day. I pratically live off of it. Other than that, I have orange juice with breakfast, and with dinner I drink Iced Tea or sometimes soda, but, water is fulfilling too.

Exercise. When I am schedualed to do exercise, like when I'm playing a sport(Usually dance or softball, in my case) it usually pretty hardcore, or, it's just a pretty good workout. However, at all other times, I just can't bring mysef to exercise. I'm just lazy and get really bored exercising. I enjoy swimming and like to go for a nice run on occasion and usually ride my bike or walk to get to everywhere in my town, but, other than that... Yup, I'm just lazy.

When it really come down to it, considering my body type, height, genetics, etc., etc.,... It's just hard for someone like me to lose weight.

Ladies,

I think eating a chicken breast every morning and lean mean meat of some sort for dinner pretty much eliminates serious hunger pangs (and also replenishes the body very well in the morning) for much of the day. Eliminate as many carbs and fats as possible from your daily routine and you'll see the pounds drop off & leanness coming in.

Ladies,

I think eating a chicken breast every morning and lean mean meat of some sort for dinner pretty much eliminates serious hunger pangs (and also replenishes the body very well in the morning) for much of the day. Eliminate as many carbs and fats as possible from your daily routine and you'll see the pounds drop off & leanness coming in.

You actually shouldn't eliminate as many carbs as possible, because carbs give you energy and keep your metabolism up. It's all about calories. For every 3,000 calories you don't burn, you gain a pound. Let that sink in. Cutting down on calories and doing a little exercise will get you where you want to be.

Ladies,

You actually shouldn't eliminate as many carbs as possible, because carbs give you energy and keep your metabolism up. It's all about calories. For every 3,000 calories you don't burn, you gain a pound. Let that sink in. Cutting down on calories and doing a little exercise will get you where you want to be.

Yes, it is all about the calories- 3-3.5 K is a pound. I think in terms of "fullness". I think carbs are high in calorie and don't keep one satiated enough. Besides vegetables, oats, and whole wheat bread.. I can't think any other carbs that are optimal for weight loss. Crackers, cookies, and noodles are a no-no and are digested too quickly.

I think lean meat 2x or 3x a day should be the basic core of sustainable weight loss as protein keeps your energy up and is relatively low calorie.

Ladies,

Yes, it is all about the calories- 3-3.5 K is a pound. I think in terms of "fullness". I think carbs are high in calorie and don't keep one satiated enough. Besides vegetables, oats, and whole wheat bread.. I can't think any other carbs that are optimal for weight loss. Crackers, cookies, and noodles are a no-no and are digested too quickly.

I think lean meat 2x or 3x a day should be the basic core of sustainable weight loss as protein keeps your energy up and is relatively low calorie.

As a chronic dieter, I totally agree with you on the protein. I became anemic because I cut out too much protein and iron rich foods. :ninja:

I'm sorry to hear that. :blush: Have you recovered?

Sort of, but I take a supplement everyday because I really did mess up my system with my last crazed diet. :ninja::laugh::blush:

Alas, soon I'll be able to do without those darn little pills.

Thank you for asking, by the way. :flower: Hope your 'stay' here in Bellazon has been a pleasant one so far.

Sort of, but I take a supplement everyday because I really did mess up my system with my last crazed diet. :ninja::laugh::blush:

Alas, soon I'll be able to do without those darn little pills.

Thank you for asking, by the way. :flower: Hope your 'stay' here in Bellazon has been a pleasant one so far.

I see. Yes it has. And hopefully your time left on that will be short. :)

• 6 months later...

Never had to lose weight, but I stay in relatively decent shape by exercising 3 times a week (usually more in the Summer) and up-keeping a reasonable balanced diet.

The one thing I have scratched completely from it for years is any sort of softdrink. Your body absolutely does not need all of the sugar in those.

Never had to lose weight, but I stay in relatively decent shape by exercising 3 times a week (usually more in the Summer) and up-keeping a reasonable balanced diet.

The one thing I have scratched completely from it for years is any sort of softdrink. Your body absolutely does not need all of the sugar in those.

• 2 months later...

How did you do that?? I am a Mountain Dew addict and I am having a horrible time cutting soda out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...