Bellazon

Weight Loss

Liliana

4 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

juice has a lot of calories

Not really.

You have to eat more vegetables, fruits, juices, salads, and go to gym, walk  run, swim, do exercise; less chocolat, alcohol drinks and sneaks to less weight.

And drink more water and tea.

depositphotos_36072887-stock-illus.jpg

On 5/27/2018 at 3:16 AM, Tania82 said:

depositphotos_36072887-stock-illus.jpg

100 grams is 3.5 ounces

An 8 ounce glass (quite modest glass) of OJ has 110 calories for what I use.  Other juices are even worse.  

I wouldn't even drink it if it wasn't for the natural Vitamin C content.

On 5/14/2018 at 12:40 AM, Cult Icon said:

changed my diet day to two meals (550 cal, 450 cal) a day and 1 snack (200 cal) before bed. 

I dieted well for 2 weeks but on week 3 I completely jumped the shark and probably only got in 3 diet days.  I cave in too easily when people offer me food.

I am going to try a more harsh routine that I effectively used many years ago.  I decreased the size of my tupperwares from 5 cups to 4 cup containers:

Meal 1: OJ, meat and veges (400 calories)

- carbs (no more than 300 calories)-

Meal 2:  meat and veges (300 calories)

-"survival" snacking, as little as feasible.

^

Thank you..

So far,  I can only manage 1400 on my diet days.  I remember being able to go down to an average of 1200 in the past.  

At this rate (1400), it would take me about 135 diet days to lose 15 lbs and 90 diet days to lose 10 lbs.  Frankly it's not a promising stretch given my "cheat" days are generally much worse and more numerous  than ever before.

***Also, I'm getting nightmares/dreams from the diet days that I never would get otherwise. 

Revise: 1200 calorie diet day.  Aim to eat every 4 hours:

Meal 1 OJ, meat and veges (400 calories)  8AM

- carbs (no more than 300 calories)-    12PM

Meal 2:  meat and veges (300 calories)  4PM

- carbs (no more than 200 calories)-  8PM

**stop seasoning my meals- no point in consuming extra sodium.

Also: exercise. 

I walk a lot already on a daily basis, so no cardio.

weights for the arms, shoulders, and chest.  

I want it to keep it at a bare minimum- maybe 20 minutes a day (until exhaustion) for 1 muscle group a day.

I am currently 158.5 lbs. - I hope to gain 5 lbs or so of muscle on the same nutrition, and neatly hit 145 lbs in a leaner form.

did my first arm work (20 minutes) in 10 years...

went light- trained with 20 lbs dumbbells (could have done 25 lbs).  This is approx. how much I curled when I was a teenager.  I remember that when I was working out, I curled 45 lb dumbbells (at 165 lbs) and 65 lb dumbells at my best shape (185 lbs).  

-felt a little hungry immediately afterwards- as expected.  Had a meal (30 grams animal protein) afterwards.  I'm not sure that my small daily intake (just 60 grams animal protein a day) will sustain a little growth from 20 minutes of weight training a day.  A lot of this is cycling into my legs.  

On 6/7/2018 at 2:53 PM, Tania82 said:

Hurry up! But don' t forget eat salads, proteins and drink water and teas, now, in spring and summer, I like drink sometimes ice tea light and light/ zero coke

Yes, I should eat salads although every time I go out I don't.  I eat vegetables and protein 2 x a day now.  

I am going to start bring a bag of fruit with me on weekends so I have an excuse not to eat junk food as a snack.

I also drink a lot of tea and when I drink soda, I drink diet.

what kind of salad do you eat?

^^^

Interesting.  In the US prepared salads from supermarkets are usually around 5 or 6 dollars plus  Otherwise, grabbing a salad from fast food is usually 6-10 dollars plus.  A sit down restaurant: $15 plus.  

I personally dislike eating salads unless they are based on kale, and kale is not readily available with lettuce being the core staple.  I get most of my vegetables from the boiled form.  I think I should just bite the bullet and just get salads despite not liking them.

------

I changed my workout and started using 25 lb dumbells.  I should be able to double my strength on the same nutrition in some time (45-50 lb dumbbells):

shoulders and forearms

biceps and triceps

back and chest

I looked at my results for the past couple of diet days and I ranged from 1400-1600.    below the ideal of 1200 or 1300.

**New rules, no more than  600 calories consumed by 12 PM.  no more than 800 by 3 PM.  no more than 1100 by 7PM.  100 left for the rest of the day.

I just realized that I've mis-estimated how much protein/calories are in meats.  My daily consumption has been about 110 grams of animal protein a day.- I thought it was only 60 ! lol.

Chicken/Fish: 25-30 grams of protein per 4.oz.  4.oz is actually a small portion, only a half portion for a full meal.  So 8.oz of meat per meal, 1 lb of meat a day.

This means my meal 1:  500 calories.  Meal 2:  400 calories.   That's a 200 calorie difference.

Next week I'll try out 30 lb. dumbbells.

okay, this diet has finally worked for me!

- Eat Meal 1 ( 500 calories) 2-3 1/2 hours after waking 

-Eat Meal 2 at 5PM (400 calories).

- Consume several hard candies, one at a time to deactivate hunger

- I managed to do a 1,100 calorie diet day , no problem!

-I weigh 156.5 lbs now.

-dumbells- using 30, will try 35 next week

On 6/4/2018 at 11:36 PM, Cult Icon said:

Also: exercise. 

I walk a lot already on a daily basis, so no cardio.

weights for the arms, shoulders, and chest.  

I want it to keep it at a bare minimum- maybe 20 minutes a day (until exhaustion) for 1 muscle group a day.

I am currently 158.5 lbs. - I hope to gain 5 lbs or so of muscle on the same nutrition, and neatly hit 145 lbs in a leaner form.

Out of curiosity, what is your height?

My dietary messups for the week:

-A bad diet week, with only 2 good diet days and 1 barely diet day.  Lots of social eating.

-About 1000 calories that I could have avoided (chips, ice cream, cake) Source of mistake: forgetting about dieting.  

- small gains in strength and muscles since I started,  38 lbs dumbbells for biceps and 33 for shoulders.

-consuming candies to curb hunger does work but it's not good for the teeth.

-work out change: Workout A: shoulders, forearms  Workout B: arms, back, chest.

or

1. Chest/back 2. Arms  3. Shoulders  4. forearms

more on dieting :

- Always chose lean protein over carbs.  Carbs simply can't stop the hunger signals for long.

-leftover carbs- don't worry about wasting them, just leave them alone until they need to be thrown out.  Leave the bread and rice alone with food bags and store it for later.  Consume the rest.