Bellazon

Weight Loss

Liliana

On 3/20/2019 at 2:16 PM, Cult Icon said:

another experiment to lower water retention:

-take magnesium  supplement

-top salting my meals

This worked better than  anticipated and had results within 2-3 days. I lost around 7 lbs of water weight and looked a little thinner.  I have  5-7 lbs or so of bodyfat left to lose:

-probiotic (for me, twice a week was enough)

-100% DV Magnesium supplement

-reduce salt intake from circa 140% DV to around 50% DV

• 2 months later...

These five free weight loss tips can help.

1. Change your calorie intake. One way to overcome a plateau while maintaining a healthy weight loss plan is to change your calorie intake. Monitor how many calories you're eating and decrease them slightly to see if your weight scale moves again. You might try the zigzag method as well. 

2. Replace a snack or two. If you usually eat a chocolate bar as a mid-afternoon snack, try replacing this with a fruit or vegetable. Eat apples, bananas, carrots and low-fat dip, or celery and low fat dip instead of chocolate. Fruits and vegetables are not only filling, but they also promote healthy weight loss.

This 30-day  meal plan & weight loss guid may be interest of you: https://docsbay.net/30-day-meal-plan-weight-loss-guide

3. Keep exercising, but endure longer. Another way to boost weight loss and get your body moving again is to increase your exercise time. Instead of 30 minutes a day, try exercising 45 minutes a day. Walk every chance you get. 

4. Monitor "what" you are eating. Are you eating mainly sugar and carbohydrates on your weight loss diet? If so, try replacing one or two of these with a protein-rich food. Protein is a proven fat burner and energy booster, and many weight trainers use it to boost their workouts. 

5. Eat smaller, more frequent meals. Instead of eating three large meals a day, try eating smaller, more frequent meals. Reduce portion sizes at your regular meals, and add small snacks in between each meal. 

• 1 month later...

^important question, even if it's from an obvious spammer..

Just cardio/caloric deficit.  There is no such thing as spot reduction.

Much of it depends on your genetics.  People have different ways of accumulating fat.  Some even have flat stomach/ripped abs with no work because their body distributes the fat elsewhere.  The first place you gain fat is also the first place you lose it.  Personally I accumulate fat on :

1. First the belly, and at the same time the face starts to become a little fatter

2. Then I start accumulating it on my back, belly, and face at the same time.

3. Then the thighs go- back, belly, face, and thighs.

My arms tend to have almost no fat buildup except for my triceps.  My calves and ass have almost no fat buildup.

I've gained weight and currently I am at 153 lbs.  However my body fat % seems to be around the same or lower at times due to an increase in muscle mass.  Overall I would prefer to lose more body fat but I exercise regularly and there isn't more that I can do except make my diet more strict.  I have considered doing this better but I frequently choose comfort over starving or loss of mental focus and physical vitality these days- a few years ago I always choose the starving option. I think if my attitude shifts towards accepting the hunger more often then I would have reached my goals already.  But currently it's not happening and I choose well being.

I heard an interesting (and probably true) theory that muscle mass increase also increases the muscles in the face which will change your facial shape- generally for the worse (look at bodybuilders before and after to see why).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My body fat % has decreased a little over the past month and I've moving close towards the way I used to be. It only took a year and a dramatically changed exercise plan ! :(

That's aging (my guess is an aging pancreas, which makes fat accumulation easier)  for you, and it'll probably get worse when I'm middle aged.

I have a big birthday feast next week and it'll probably erase my progress for at least 1-2 weeks or more.  That's how sensitive these things are now.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2019 at 7:36 AM, Tania82 said:

Now I am  very happy, fatter than past year (52kg) , but thin and healthy :D

that's 114 lbs, not a lot at all

I have been stable as of late (12/3/2019).   The key for me is getting at least 10-12 hours plus of walking a week and 3 hours of weightlifting.  I am currently in a "surplus" and am trying to catch up post- thanksgiving and a bunch of parties.

On 12/4/2019 at 1:07 AM, Cult Icon said:

that's 114 lbs, not a lot at all

I have been stable as of late (12/3/2019).   The key for me is getting at least 10-12 hours plus of walking a week and 3 hours of weightlifting.  I am currently in a "surplus" and am trying to catch up post- thanksgiving and a bunch of parties.

Yes, it is true, i in my ideal weight (49-52 kgs), but now there are too much anorexic women.

• 3 months later...

Kind of doing an update.  

My routine of doing 10-12 hours of speed walking a week plus 3 hours of weight lifting has overall kept me in good shape.

However, I feel like I get more complacent in general and as a result, sometimes eat unnecessarily which can erase all the fat loss gains from exercise.  

Complacency is now the main issue since the routine does work and I've stuck to it quite well.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I miss gym too, but I am lucky and I can do exercise at home. Maybe I use to do 2 hours at gym, and then, more or less.

I am doing cardio with my old static bike, some yoga and sttreching, abdominals, and dancing, in serious and funny way. And  I love Cindy Crawford exercise video, the first one.

• 1 month later...