Bellazon

Weight Loss

Liliana

In summing things up it took me 15 weeks to lose the excess weight that I gained from 6 weeks of falling off the wagon. 

Also my 2-3 year dietary change in less carbs and more fats, largely caused by watching my father suffer from diabetes has proven to be inferior and less sustainable than my old and more reliable routine of eating a lot of whole grains, oats, and fruit.  It is just much easier to control intake with high-fiber carbs than with fats.

I think I've literally transitioned back to the old routine after such low progress in weight loss.  Once I went back to the old routine the excess weight depleted faster.

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Tania82 said:

Well, it is depends. Some people are fatter in winter. Another one, in summer, don t eat same snd are thinner. It is about the perdon, nutrition, exercise, lifestyle, hobbies, job  etc

Yes, however the science is that the body will increase its metabolism in order to create heat- this burns more calories.

Yrs, but sometimes, if you want to change the body, do some types of exercises is good for change your body. Fitness put muscles, I prefer in learn way my body, and do a lot of activities, but it is not possible to back gym in this moment. I think I am plannifing my new year, and maybe Jsnuary or February will be better moment.

• 1 month later...

I found a pretty cool dietary hack:  sugar-free Metamucil.

Basically 2 teaspons: 6 grams of fiber, 5 of them are soluable.  

So take 2 teaspoons right after you eat low fiber refined carbs or significant sugar/sweets.

You won't get a blood sugar spike/food coma.  

You end up digesting what you ate slowly rather than quickly, and feeling full a lot longer.

• 2 weeks later...

Another tactic that comes to mind is to eat a lot of high fiber foods in the morning/noon. (eg. two cups oatmeal, fruit, plus chicken & broccoli, lettuce)  This creates a "bed" of fiber to slow down digestion/blood sugar of any follow up high-carb consumption.

I lost a little weight in the winter but it seems to have stabilized a long time ago.  My exercise has been 100%.  I am still not as "low bodyfat" as I was when I followed an extremely strict and frankly distracting diet.

7 hours ago, Tania82 said:

One of my secrets is watch on the tv o computer or movile, fiction horror films (true or false stories) . Be afraid changes your body too.

Yeah, adrenaline  and other stress hormones tend to suppress appetite, as well as excitement.  

One indicator of a "successful" diet day is being a little hungry during the final few hours of the day, which can be suppressed with a small snack (100 calories or so).  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After I posted my last comment, I continued to lose weight to the point where people commented that my face looked a little thinner.    The main thing I changed this time around was that I ate more fruit than normal and also ate 2 small salads or 1 big salad everyday.  This has really helped a lot.

However, in the past 2 weeks I either stayed the same or gained, I had several big meals. 

15 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

You look good doing yoga outside!

Thanks, but it is in my house, in the upstairs, community terrace. Now I walk more than I believe, last weeks I did my records, 4 hours walking in the mornings, going a lot of places, and looking job. Good sport too 💪

• 3 weeks later...

Feel good vibrations, have good thoughts is ok too. It helps to motivate, do, calm and feel better. To lose kgs, have good people around, or feel comfortable with you, can help. It is like whrn you are hungry and want some donuts but you choose to eat a fruit ice cream.