Bellazon

The 2015 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

Clauds

I haven't seen the show or the special yet but I feel like I already saw them just by reading through all these pages :rofl:. It's just sad to hear that some of the Angels got less screen time than some newcomers :cain: but no surprise there I guess.

1 minute ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

True, though if the ratings keep dropping, there isn't much there for CBS to keep it going.

Actually i don't think they wouldn't. The Swim Special this year was a fiasco in ratings, and they'll do it next year anyway...

Lol that's VS fault and no one else's. They see our complaints and they don't listen. They keep using the tired formula but maybe now that they see it's clearly BROKEN they'll fix it. People aren't interested, I follow Kylie on snapchat and she didn't even watch her own sister walk lmao she was snap chatting her cooking food the entire time. The girls a problem, the image is a problem, the photographers are a problem, the redundancy is a problem. I said this before but they need a clean up IMMEDIATELY. Everyone on their team is old and tired and clearly incapable of making competent decisions.

4 minutes ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

True, though if the ratings keep dropping, there isn't much there for CBS to keep it going.

That's ok. VS could easily find  another network to broadcast the show. The brand has reached a status that they don't have much to lose. I actually would love it if they went to another network. CBS just doesn't do it for me---that's why I rarely watch any of their shows :p 

4 minutes ago, DeadlyRebel said:

Wow, can't believe they lost so much viewers. :oh_no: The most viewed show in recent years was 2011 with 10.3 million viewers. But I actually don't understand why specifically this show.

Well, after 2010 is when the show started to really get worse IMO. Maybe the public didn't like what they saw in 2011.

I don't know. I just really want VS to get rid of Sophia and hire some new higher-ups so we can get VSFS back to what it used to be - the best commercial and HF models of the moment all together in one show.

2 hours ago, jpmas3003 said:
2 hours ago, starss said:

guys an I the only one that saw Caitlyn Jenner there too?

Sem título.jpg

2 hours ago, frenchkiki said:

The moment they shown Mama Kardashien and Brucelyn in the audience i switched off my brain and the TV.

I can't handle this $h!t anymore. No i can't.

Let me know when they are gone.

I saw Brucelyn too :ninja:

3 minutes ago, alexandra23 said:

Well, after 2010 is when the show started to really get worse IMO. Maybe the public didn't like what they saw in 2011.

I don't know. I just really want VS to get rid of Sophia and hire some new higher-ups so we can get VSFS back to what it used to be - the best commercial and HF models of the moment all together in one show.

For me the show went downhill after Todd Thomas left, so after 2012. Sophia just doesn't do it for me. The outfits now are either too simple and boring or too much over the top. And she always has her weird ideas to make everything couture. I also believe it's just better to have more than one person designing the outfits to have some more input. but I blame that on Ed and Monica aswell. Monica seems to be pretty involved in the collection design process and I don't understand how they think some pieces work on the runway.

These are the ratings from last night  and considering the VSFS was up against Chicago Fire, it did well enough

10 p.m. The Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show (CBS) – S 2.3/8 6.59
  Chicago Fire (NBC) 2.0/7 9.06
  Shark Tank (ABC) – R 0.7/2 2.46

3 minutes ago, DeadlyRebel said:

For me the show went downhill after Todd Thomas left

I also find myself missing Todd a surprising amount. I can't put my finger on it exactly but looks wise, 2011 was one of the best shows in recent years, and apparently the viewership numbers proved that.

15 minutes ago, PinkCouture said:

That's ok. VS could easily find  another network to broadcast the show. The brand has reached a status that they don't have much to lose. I actually would love it if they went to another network. CBS just doesn't do it for me---that's why I rarely watch any of their shows :p 

I think VS would benefit most from a move to NBC but I can't really see that happening, even with their more liberal image.

How long is their contract with CBS anyway, yearly basis or multiple years? 

I keep going over in my head what they would have to do to replicate the golden years (Gisele years, imo) and the first thing is downsizing, looks, sets, models, angels, less of all of those. Get girls with really good walks (even though this would eliminate many of my favourite girls haha), give the space a sleazier (:p) vibe, sexier performers... 

They're so focused on it being entertainment and not the runway show it was originally conceived as. And they're suffering for it.

15 hours ago, Schemer said:

Michael Bay is running out of ideas how to shoot the same commercial over and over again while justifying millions of dollars VS is paying him.

Thank you for saying that.  I was watching the commercial today and I kept seeing the same images. And almost the same girls too.  It looked to me like he just re-edited the last 10 of his VS commercials.

The women's makeup and hair was divine, but the shots were ALL the same as we've seen before.

And I liked the part of Sara and Taylor.  Maybe I'm just odd.

(thoughts later, I'm still digesting the show and loving the comments so far.  I'm on page 563. Y'all were chatty last night! :D

What would you guys say was this show's best period?

I would say 2001-2003 and 2005-2007 for me.

With these last three years as my least favorite.

Just because they are suddenly devoid of moments I can see myself remembering in 5-10 years.

Like Candice's break-out moment in 2007. Or Karolina Kurkova's toy soldier walk in 2005.

Another mistake - which I totally understand from a PR point of view - was getting rid of the DJ mixes for live performers.

The soundtrack of those earlier VSFS added a lot to the experience.

Just watched the show and I have to say... I really, really liked it, even more than last year's one. I think the director choices were amazing, it looked like a different new show with a very cool vibe to it. I looooooved the opening credits, really cute and fun!

Some of the girls were a bit over the top with the posing and everything but over all I thought they were all great!