Bellazon

The 2015 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

Clauds

1 hour ago, alexandra23 said:

+1

Probably didn't help that I was re-watching some '05 and '06 segments yesterday before the show aired...haha

Those remixes....sorely missed. :cry2: (When You Were Young/Come Fly With Me, I Like The Way You Move, I Want Candy/Pon de Replay, Bang Bang by Audio Bullies, and the Seal songs - so great). Oh, and Carol of the Bells in the holiday commercials was so amazing.

lol, I did the same to yesterday, watched the 2006, 2008 and 2012. And watched the last segment of 2014 that's all. And came to watch the 2015 show. Epic Fail!:thumbs_down:

I love the 2008 last segment black tie holiday. Just Amazing!!!! The whole 2008 show was amazing!!!

9 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

VS should cut a deal with Netflix and make all the past shows available

This would definitely be awesome. Since the US is moving rapidly towards streaming, this is what they need to do. Your points are really so accurate. The only downsides on VS' side, I think, to a VS-Amazon or VS-Netlfix partnership would be the loss of adspace, aka where they premiere the holiday commercial, and the fact that Netflix doesn't release viewership data ever, not even to showrunners, so they have no way of knowing the show's reach and ad potential. On Netflix/whoever's side it's a little murkier, because it is at its core an hour long advertisement. Not to mention it's a little out of place with their current original programming.

18 minutes ago, alexandra23 said:

Imagine, though, if they still did '05-'07-style VS shows and held a lingerie show as well as a swimwear show - or just made a longer VSFS once per year showcasing their lingerie, clothing (VSX, sleepwear), and swimsuits. I would love either of those options.

I've always loved them incorporating the other lines into the show more, like PINK having clothes and not just knickers, but I also think it's one of the reasons the show has stopped being 'the sexiest show on earth' (don't ask me what is the sexiest show on earth now, though) (it's a less sexy sexiest show on earth, I mean).

Just while I'm throwing things at the wall, and I live in dreamland...

I think three separate shows (maybe?) would really be for the best, since PINK seems to be where the show started to fall apart. PINK, Mainline, and Swim. You can't have ultra sexy one segment and then 18 year olds in uni jumpers the next. One show would be light and breezy and fun, the others are sexy and serious, yeah?

Also, as complaints and marketing central, they should space out the Swim Special and VSFS show more. Like, show Swim in May. 

just watched the show and honestly the best part was when they showed Gisele, Heidi and Tyra wearing the fb in a retrospective 

I tried to figure out what it really is that makes the show feel different now and it's actually everything. The music, the lighting and the poses of the models used to create this mysterious vibe that made me feel in awe of the whole production (the somber tone of the "fairy tale"-segment from last year brought something of that vibe back). And all these parts have changed. The live performances and the standing crowd makes it too vivid. The lighting is too bright and the models make the most ridiculous poses ever (thx to Adriana, Leomie and especially Daniela, whose body apparently got possessed by the spirit of a drag queen, the show experienced another downfall). 

"Boho psychedelic" was a weak segment to start the show with and a strong segment has proven to be important for the overall impression. I didn't like the 2011 and the 2013 show that much because of the weak opening segments and this year, "Boho psychedelic" is the first-ever segment to make me wonder when it's going to end. It felt so long. Considering that we can FORGET to ever have several mash-ups and remixes as runway music, imo the music this year was great. All songs had a good beat to walk the runway. 

Weirdest thing is that they didn't mention a word about that this year marks the 20th anniversary show. 

Good old VSFS days, R.I.P.    

15 minutes ago, HitchcockBlonde said:

This would definitely be awesome. Since the US is moving rapidly towards streaming, this is what they need to do. Your points are really so accurate. The only downsides on VS' side, I think, to a VS-Amazon or VS-Netlfix partnership would be the loss of adspace, aka where they premiere the holiday commercial, and the fact that Netflix doesn't release viewership data ever, not even to showrunners, so they have no way of knowing the show's reach and ad potential. On Netflix/whoever's side it's a little murkier, because it is at its core an hour long advertisement. Not to mention it's a little out of place with their current original programming.

I've always loved them incorporating the other lines into the show more, like PINK having clothes and not just knickers, but I also think it's one of the reasons the show has stopped being 'the sexiest show on earth' (don't ask me what is the sexiest show on earth now, though) (it's a less sexy sexiest show on earth, I mean).

Just while I'm throwing things at the wall, and I live in dreamland...

I think three separate shows (maybe?) would really be for the best, since PINK seems to be where the show started to fall apart. PINK, Mainline, and Swim. You can't have ultra sexy one segment and then 18 year olds in uni jumpers the next. One show would be light and breezy and fun, the others are sexy and serious, yeah?

Also, as complaints and marketing central, they should space out the Swim Special and VSFS show more. Like, show Swim in May. 

Nice would be for them to feature only the mainline for the fashion show and do some fashion show in the summer for the swim line in the style of a resort show (doesn't need to be so extravagant as well) and then DROP PINK entirely from any fashion show special.  

46 minutes ago, HitchcockBlonde said:

^ Dani's posing was... and it didn't help she got stuck with the worst outfit of the show. The point she did was bizarre. I love her, but it was a mess.

50 minutes ago, alexandra23 said:

How come people didn't like Daniela Braga? She was one of the few who I actually saw something in out there. Also Flavia Lucini. And the girl in the light pink floral corset...Sanne maybe?

Edit: Yes, Sanne. I also don't think Valery Kaufman is too bad.

I like Dani Braga too, her walk is good but i can't explain what she did at the end of that runway! Also, i think Sanne is drop dead gorgeous, i loved her walk... Valery i liked her walk but didn't understand her in the end of runway too, she was saying thanks when she nod with her head? At least it was diferent lol

1 hour ago, alexandra23 said:

How come people didn't like Daniela Braga? She was one of the few who I actually saw something in out there. Also Flavia Lucini. And the girl in the light pink floral corset...Sanne maybe?

Edit: Yes, Sanne. I also don't think Valery Kaufman is too bad.

She looked like a toothpick with two baseballs hot-glued where her breasticals should of been :rofl: SHIMMY SHIMMY WIGGLE WIGGLE 

I'm starting to like Martha but she doesnt have the power to close the show. They shouldve let Sara or Constance do it. Saras really great at posing - not dull at all but not bizzare either (Daniela Im looking at you ) while Constance's little 'boom' while she posed was extremely cute.