Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2014 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Clauds

The runway seemed shorter this year. This shit show was in no way better than last year's. The only decent section was Angel Ball. Fairy Tale couldve been good but that that music choice wtf. Actually both male performers..,.they just didnt go with the show, and their music....wtf no. Dont mind Taylor but she needs to gtfo the way. #Bodybyiza would hair flip taylor in the face. Not even gonna get into Behati's boring ass opener. Was Adriana drunk in the finale? You know its a crap show when the best music performance was in Pink lol.

The runway seemed shorter this year. This shit show was in no way better than last year's. The only decent section was Angel Ball. Fairy Tale couldve been good but that that music choice wtf. Actually both male performers..,.they just didnt go with the show, and their music....wtf no. Dont mind Taylor but she needs to gtfo the way. #Bodybyiza would hair flip taylor in the face. Not even gonna get into Behati's boring ass opener. Was Adriana drunk in the finale? You know its a crap show when the best music performance was in Pink lol.

I actually really liked Fairy Tale's music, I listen to the song alone and now when I walk it has a good beat to walk to and good energy. I liked Gilded Angel's music as well I had the TV blasting and it really hyped me up for the rest of the show. I found Eds song to be appropriate for the segment it's a little romantic but also made the energy around Ale and Adriana sharing the FB moment together more special. I hated Taylor's songs absolutely no beat to walk to there has to be that one instrument in the background that's constantly hitting a tune to walk to or you're just confused with how fast you should be walking.

Actually, I disagreed with whoever that thinks any opening segments should be done with fierce and strong walks. The thing is, the trend in VS opening segments is probably gravitating towards a less serious, powerful walk to a girl who knows how to get the crowd on with her personality. There are many ways to get the pace going aside from strong or fierce charisma, like Behati's bubblyness can get people excited and Candice's sexy walk can set the pace of the show just as fine. I may not know much about fashion, but seeing Behati opening the segment, even though she wasn't the best, but the energy was clearly there to get the crowd going. And I believe that it's not just the models, but the music and atmosphere as well, which play a big role in me liking Gilded Angels.

It could have been better, not the best, but definitely good in its own ways.

And I always have this feeling  that VS is experimenting with the lineups each year..

My favorite segment has got to be Gilded Angels and Fairy Tale. Least liked would be Dream Girls and Angel Ball, LOL. At first I didn't really like Gilded Angels, but I think it really grew on me. The whole stage was just so beautiful in a golden manner and I felt that among all models, Candice, Lindsay, Cindy, and Sui He stood out, particularly Sui because she actually carried herself well enough to make her hideous golden bags look good on her. Either than or the editing made her look good, but I believe I am starting to like those hideous bags now.

Fairy Tale has got to be the most fluid, graceful and beautiful segment. I don't see that in Dream Girls or Angel Ball, but maybe because Dream Girl is meant to be more girlish and cute in a sexy way and Angel Balls was meant to be this mysterious sexy girl. Fairy Tale segment had all the graceful girls in it and my only complain is how Sui's wings got taken off from her outfit last minute :/

No comments on Iza, I find her okay. It was only after I gone through the thread's poking fun of Iza that I started to find her a bit annoying. Like Adriana and Lily, my Asian aunts think she looks like a trans.

I don't get why you have to be so hateful towards Izabel. And let me say it, your reasons are quite stupid.

Every famous model has their own gesture that represents them, and if she flips her hair, what's wrong with that?

And in the VSFS you can all see that Izabel is edited like everyone else, I can barely see her.

If you don't like her, it's just fine.. But all this hatred is senseless.

It's definitely not hatred, just mindless fun. She's ridiculous, but that's why we love her. I genuinely think Izabel is a great model and always stands out during the show. I've met her many times too and she's among one of the nicest models I've ever spoken with.

Oh, that's right! I'm sorry, I'm new in here and I was just confused because I didn't know if it was hate or just making fun of her. xD

10 Magazine uploaded some fitting videos, nothing too interesting but you can see Elsa in the Dream Angels outfit Stella got.

Also in the Angel Ball one, you see Magdalena and Lily A switched outfits

I think she show was good. The whole realization of it, the outfits, all the girls, I didn't like the make up so much, but...yeah it was good. About the music- I liked the songs in all segment except the last one. I don't know, "Style" didn't feel strong enough of a song to close the show.

Now...the reason why in my opinion the show is a flop is cause of the editing. It was...horrific to say the least. I can't believe they actually released it in this way. Everything felt so rushed, models being shown for 2 seconds, weird shots of them, weird positions, I don't know... it's actually so boring to watch it cause of it. It just gives you a headache.

The second bad thing... Karlie and Taylor Swift destroyed this year's VSFS with their shitty behavior. Seriously...every year the VSFS has the same amount of viewers ( more or less). The audience doesn't watch it, because of the performers, no one really cares about who sings, as long as the song is great. Everyone watches the show cause of the sexy, beautiful girls. And there is 0 debate on it. I am sure that every single male viewer who watched the VSFS was super disappointed with the amount of freaking Taylor Swift they showed. And honestly...thanks to the VSFS I am actually starting to dislike her. Karlie...ok girl, we got it, you two are besties, probably even lesbian lovers, we got it. Now simmer down and do your job, model! Do what you are paid for...That last segment was seriously so disturbing with the ballet shit. So forced and fake. And her whole attitude during all the mini-segments , all the faces, smiles, kissy-kissy with TS was just disgusting.

This was by far the worst VSFS ever (yes , even worse than 2009) when it comes to editing and performers. I was actually so shocked when I watched it, and it had the potential to be amazing with this runway, with the music, the models, the outfits.

I didn't like the opening section's music, imo it ruined it. And really hated Taylor in Dream Girls and that almost every girl had to touch her like she was St. John of Nepomuk on Charles Bridge. And the worst thing of all, that why they need 48 models and zillion outfits if I can see some of the models for a millisec. And many of them posed that badly in the end and moved their heads so fast that an average viewer has no chance to recognize them or to watch VS's lingerie... 

But I loved the stage and loved most of the outfits. I liked the Russel James spot and I'm glad that Doutzen looked much more better in motion than in the pics. Everyone looked nice (Except Sigrid, sorry to say this, but she was a huge disappointment for me :( ). My favourites were Karlie, Candice, Joan, Jourdan, JoJo, Monika, Bregje, Magda, Lindsay and Cindy Bruna. Really weird that I chose them, because otherwise I don't really like all of them, but in this show only they could impress me.

Some Taylor Swift fan accounts are saying that Taylor wanted to open a segment with Karlie because she was opening a segment with Lily also. So apparently that might be the reason Karlie opened Angel Ball. Might be just rumors but still.. Rumor or not, I've had enough of Taylor Swift. I hope she'll never get in touch with VS after this show. They promoted (more like shoved her in our faces) her more than enough!