Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2014 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Clauds

Some Taylor Swift fan accounts are saying that Taylor wanted to open a segment with Karlie because she was opening a segment with Lily also. So apparently that might be the reason Karlie opened Angel Ball. Might be just rumors but still.. Rumor or not, I've had enough of Taylor Swift. I hope she'll never get in touch with VS after this show. They promoted (more like shoved her in our faces) her more than enough! 

Taylor and Lily definitely had a lot of control over this year's show, especially Lily since VS kinda 'owes' her for Taylor last year.

Lily said during the 2014 pre-show that Taylor was supposed to only sing once, and it was in a segment Lily wasn't in. So then Lily requested that they rearrange the show to have Taylor sing in two segments, BOTH with Lily in them. How fucking stupid/unprofessional is that?! hahaha It's like when you try to schedule classes so you are in the same class with your friend. You are a MODEL, this isn't the Victoria's Best Friend Show.

Taylor was supposed to only sing 'Style' in one segment, but then Lily suggested that she sing 'Blank Space' in another additional one. Lots of last minute changes this year.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Karlie opened Angel Ball solely because of Taylor's request.

Personally, I'm so relieved that we are done with Taylor for good. It kind of sucks that Adriana and Ale had to get their Fantasy Bra moment at this shit show. They should get it next year when VS isn't salivating over Taylor/Karlie/Lily.

I also think that next year will be an EXTREMELY tough call as to who will get the Fantasy Bra. It's honestly between Doutzen/Lily/Behati. Maybe even Karlie too, but the other three girls have way more seniority over Karlie, especially Doutzen. 

^ You know, VS execs could have simply said no, but they decided 'Ah what the hell? Let's make it a BFF show. Who cares it's in London?". My biggest issue with VS is that they don't even try to find great, mainstream performers suitable for the segments. They bring just about anyone who's BIG right now but they don't know how to use them. Ariana was good for PINK and Hozier to a certain degree.  Also, someone should have taken Taylor and her BFFs aside and told them to take it down a notch.

I think she show was good. The whole realization of it, the outfits, all the girls, I didn't like the make up so much, but...yeah it was good. About the music- I liked the songs in all segment except the last one. I don't know, "Style" didn't feel strong enough of a song to close the show.

Now...the reason why in my opinion the show is a flop is cause of the editing. It was...horrific to say the least. I can't believe they actually released it in this way. Everything felt so rushed, models being shown for 2 seconds, weird shots of them, weird positions, I don't know... it's actually so boring to watch it cause of it. It just gives you a headache.

The second bad thing... Karlie and Taylor Swift destroyed this year's VSFS with their shitty behavior. Seriously...every year the VSFS has the same amount of viewers ( more or less). The audience doesn't watch it, because of the performers, no one really cares about who sings, as long as the song is great. Everyone watches the show cause of the sexy, beautiful girls. And there is 0 debate on it. I am sure that every single male viewer who watched the VSFS was super disappointed with the amount of freaking Taylor Swift they showed. And honestly...thanks to the VSFS I am actually starting to dislike her. Karlie...ok girl, we got it, you two are besties, probably even lesbian lovers, we got it. Now simmer down and do your job, model! Do what you are paid for...That last segment was seriously so disturbing with the ballet shit. So forced and fake. And her whole attitude during all the mini-segments , all the faces, smiles, kissy-kissy with TS was just disgusting.

This was by far the worst VSFS ever (yes , even worse than 2009) when it comes to editing and performers. I was actually so shocked when I watched it, and it had the potential to be amazing with this runway, with the music, the models, the outfits.

+1000

Some Taylor Swift fan accounts are saying that Taylor wanted to open a segment with Karlie because she was opening a segment with Lily also. So apparently that might be the reason Karlie opened Angel Ball. Might be just rumors but still.. Rumor or not, I've had enough of Taylor Swift. I hope she'll never get in touch with VS after this show. They promoted (more like shoved her in our faces) her more than enough! 

Taylor and Lily definitely had a lot of control over this year's show, especially Lily since VS kinda 'owes' her for Taylor last year.

Lily said during the 2014 pre-show that Taylor was supposed to only sing once, and it was in a segment Lily wasn't in. So then Lily requested that they rearrange the show to have Taylor sing in two segments, BOTH with Lily in them. How fucking stupid/unprofessional is that?! hahaha It's like when you try to schedule classes so you are in the same class with your friend. You are a MODEL, this isn't the Victoria's Best Friend Show.

Taylor was supposed to only sing 'Style' in one segment, but then Lily suggested that she sing 'Blank Space' in another additional one. Lots of last minute changes this year.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Karlie opened Angel Ball solely because of Taylor's request.

Personally, I'm so relieved that we are done with Taylor for good. It kind of sucks that Adriana and Ale had to get their Fantasy Bra moment at this shit show. They should have gotten it next year when VS isn't salivating over Taylor/Karlie/Lily.

I also think that next year will be an EXTREMELY tough call as to who will get the Fantasy Bra. It's honestly between Doutzen/Lily/Behati. Maybe even Karlie too, but the other three girls have way more seniority over Karlie, especially Doutzen. 

I honestly can imagine Candice with the Fb again next year. :Angel:

Personally, I'm so relieved that we are done with Taylor for good. It kind of sucks that Adriana and Ale had to get their Fantasy Bra moment at this shit show. They should have gotten it next year when VS isn't salivating over Taylor/Karlie/Lily.

I honestly can imagine Candice with the Fb again next year. :Angel:

NO WAY, HELL NO WAY! Please let the FB goes to Doutzen for the sake of humanity! A hashtag for her #DoutzenForFB #VSFS2015

Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show 2014 (3.3/10 in 18-49, 9.1 million viewers overall)

9.1 millions viewers! That's a drop of viewers from last year.

YAYYY I blame Taylor! lol

The number last year was as closed to 10mil right? About the rating, I still don't have a clue how the '3.3/10' works, what is it for  :mellow:

Personally, I'm so relieved that we are done with Taylor for good. It kind of sucks that Adriana and Ale had to get their Fantasy Bra moment at this shit show. They should get it next year when VS isn't salivating over Taylor/Karlie/Lily.

Why do you think so?

Unless her friendship with Karlie and Lily ends, she'll be around the show. Don't be too surprised if we see her in the next show too.

VS needs some new blood at the executive level. They have actually allowed a bunch of models and a pop star to run their show for them.

That's inexcusible and comes with no surprise that their product sucks this year.

Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show 2014 (3.3/10 in 18-49, 9.1 million viewers overall)

They lost about 700k viewers. Last years number was 9.71m

It's not that big of a drop considering, but it's also not great they lost viewership in the first place.

Why do you think so?

Unless her friendship with Karlie and Lily ends, she'll be around the show. Don't be too surprised if we see her in the next show too.

VS needs some new blood at the executive level. They have actually allowed a bunch of models and a pop star to run their show for them.

That's inexcusible and comes with no surprise that their product sucks this year.

If this happens I will never watch another VS show. There is absolutely no way Taylor will be back next year. I would hope even VS realizes that Taylor 3 times in a row would be excessive.

They lost about 700k viewers. Last years number was 9.71m

It's not that big of a drop considering, but it's also not great they lost viewership in the first place.

I agree.

NCIS got 10.2 million viewers.

Why do you think so?

If this happens I will never watch another VS show. There is absolutely no way Taylor will be back next year. I would hope even VS realizes that Taylor 3 times in a row would be excessive.

I sincerely hope that you're right. And this is coming from a T.S. fan.

9.1 that is the lowest they have had since 2010 (9)

Considering all their extra money put into the London show that doesn't look good. They did have to compete with the Sons of Anarchy finale though.

I don't know, but the planning is not the best. They had a super expensive bra and a british section last year "for no reason". This year they went to London, but they didn't do something mayor. Next year they will have 20th anniversary, but what will they do? They should have kept this year like a filler and next year they could have went out and put a big show with more models + outfits than ever before.

lmao. Just lkke in 2012 when everyone thought Bieber was gojng to triple the viewers :laugh:

People are still deluding themselves that viewers tune in for the performers when it FACT the models get all the buzz on social media both when the show is being filmed and when it is aired Hell, Devon, Jasmine, Sara, Jourdan, Joan were all trending worldwide. Some of them higher than even Taylor. Adriana overshadowed the perfomers on social media so hard that it was laughable. But oh well, if you want to believe it's the performers, more power to you.

I watched the show again and tbh I'm fine with it now.

I love LOVE the opening credits.

We're blaming Taylor for stealing the spotlight? From which models exactly? All the Angels (Adriana/Alessandra, Karlie even Lily and Behati) had more than enough camera time. So I'm sorry if your faves are all basic but it's hardly Taylor's fault.

I liked the Gilded Angeles segment. Behati's opening was aiiight. Let the girl be. Even though the music was a little off. My friend who doesn't know anything about the show and has only seen the 2013 one watched it and said the music didn't flow with the girls' walk and the opening segment from last year was way better. But other than the music, the girls all looked spectacular.

I liked the Fairy segment too. Candice's opening was goood. I liked what Lily D did at the end of the runway and Lindsay was one of the best there.

I liked Pink but I won't waste my time commenting on it.

Exotic travelers was underwhelming. Adriana and Ale saved it for real. Izabel worked it though. Shanina was also good so was Kelly Gale.

Angel Ball, epic!

Magdalena naturally did great. Cindy bruna was amazing, she has such a SEXY walk. Joan also brought it. Izabel slayed all your faves. Deal with it.

And I wish people would stop longing for the shows before 2007. They will never come back. To the average people, they were fucking boring. Most people I know can't sit through them. And get them. The models only just used to walk like it was a high fashion show and they added a bit of sexy and smiled here and there but it's not as catchy and fun as it is now even minus the performers.

9.1 million viewers! That's a drop of viewers from last year.

Do you have the number of viewers for each year Bryan ?

Can you post them if you do ? :)

I'm curious.