Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2014 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Clauds

Is it me or are there absolutely no files up anywhere? The torrents only have the 480p version. I found some links for a 720 but they are too slow and I found the same for a 1080 version that is MPEG. Blaaaah usually a 720 or 1080 mkv is up by now.

Lucky for me here in Aussieland our cable is airing it tomorrow and it is in glorious 1080p :)

mmmmm I´m ok with this years show, not bad (really good outfits, models, and runway) but not good at all in terms of editing... everything happened soooo fast, I mean, we haven´t seen much of the backstage stuff, and the finale was wayyy too short. :) I have to say that they did a realy good job editing some of the messes they where such as Taylor and Blanca, Karlie and Taylor... Best segment: Fairy tale or Gilded Angels (Loved Lindsay closing) and too much short-timed angles on the runway, everything else is pretty happy for me :)

The show was a disappointment for me because going into it I thought it would be one of the best they have done in recent years since (to me) they had the best cast of girls lately, I liked the majority of outfits and they did something new with the runway. We all knew Taylor was going to try and get all the attention so I wont mention that in why I didn't like the broadcast version.

- So many filler segments and editing really cut down time on seeing any non major named models outfit for more then a few seconds. With the most girls walking this year you'd think they would take that into consideration.Maybe they could have not cut to Taylor even when she wasn't performing so much but thats just crazy.

- I thought it would have been cool if in AB they had the runway light up under each individual model when it was their time to walk since they were all standing out there but instead we just got half of them standing still and half dancing on the spot.

- Too many slow songs by people usually one segment with a slow song like 2012 sure but everyone but Ariana was slow sad music, not exactly best for a lingerie show.

The Fantasy Bra moment was the best and seeing Josephine, Kate G and Devon were impressive. PINK had their best showing in years but id expect nothing less from a lineup with Elsa, Jac, Josephine and Bregje in it.

The show was a disappointment for me because going into it I thought it would be one of the best they have done in recent years since (to me) they had the best cast of girls lately, I liked the majority of outfits and they did something new with the runway. We all knew Taylor was going to try and get all the attention so I wont mention that in why I didn't like the broadcast version.

- So many filler segments and editing really cut down time on seeing any non major named models outfit for more then a few seconds. With the most girls walking this year you'd think they would take that into consideration.Maybe they could have not cut to Taylor even when she wasn't performing so much but thats just crazy.

- I thought it would have been cool if in AB they had the runway light up under each individual model when it was their time to walk since they were all standing out there but instead we just got half of them standing still and half dancing on the spot.

- Too many slow songs by people usually one segment with a slow song like 2012 sure but everyone but Ariana was slow sad music, not exactly best for a lingerie show.

The Fantasy Bra moment was the best and seeing Josephine, Kate G and Devon were impressive. PINK had their best showing in years but id expect nothing less from a lineup with Elsa, Jac, Josephine and Bregje in it.

Agree with this especially. Never thought I'd say this but Ariana's song mix came as a breath of fresh air after the snoozefest music in the previous segments.

Finally the PINK segment wasn't the worst. Aside from the FB's, Lais, and Kate G, Exotic Traveller was really tragic!

The Dream Girls shoes kept distracting me, so ugly. They looked like the cuff of a poodles leg.

I was right, the first taping was a dress rehersal..

No, you were. The show we see on TV is a mix of both first and second tapping, this year however there was more difference between the two shows because by the first tapping the models hadn't rehearsed with the performers so it was a mess, the second show they already did it once so it was more polished but everything we see is a mix of both tapes. Adriana even said so herself in one of the interviews she did this week. If it was just a dress rehearsal there wouldn't be an audience, there wouldn't be photographers, it wouldn't be filmed and I'm sure VS wouldn't spend all that money in production for nothing. They've been doing two shows since the PETA thing in 2002 with Gisele I think.

I'm not even going to bother on analyzing the show this year because it was just plain boring, first time I was actually hoping it would end already. The show itself was great based on other pictures/videos we've seen, the televised thing we saw? A hot mess

I will post a full review later, but here are my thoughts after watching it once:

Ny nightmare came true: This was the Kaylor Swift Fashion Show of 2014

TOO MUCH TAYLOR SWIFT

Music was waaaayyyyyy too slow. Holy shit. The show was slowing dying until Ariana revived it, and then it died out again.

Is it too much to ask to see more than 3 seconds of a model? Geez.

Ale/Adriana segment was a highlight. Truly loved it.

Finale needs to be longer!! It's a good conclusion to the show and should be extended. I hate how short it was!!

I liked the Russell segment. At least we got to see some fun BTS footage.

Karlie's ballet segment was SOO cringeworthy. Why was that even necessary? It just ate into the time. If they wanted to promote Karlie, they should have made a segment like they did with Candice talking about her HF work outside of VS.

Taylor also needs to MOVE OUT OF THE WAY. It was soo obvious when the camera was trying to pan to Lais, and Lais had to literally move around Taylor.

Am I the only one who thinks the whole London trip was a wee bit pointless? If I hadn't known already, I would've guessed the show was in the US. I mean, they only showed Big Ben and that was it. Like someone mentioned before, it would have made more sense if they had the Angels visit some landmarks or something, especially Lily A since she is sooo British (her words).

For those asking why Lily D. is always cast, it's because she's Sophia's favorite model. I'm pretty sure all the casting directors have their 'key select favorites' that make it every year. If you follow John P. and Sophia on Instagram it's fairly obvious who they each like.

I truly wish Natasha Poly was casted. She would have injected some fierceness is that slow-ass show.

uggh all the interactions with Taylor looked awkward and contrived..

Lily in Dream Girls reaching out to her like: 'please notice me..' was by far the worst

LOL at that awkward hand hug.

For those asking why Lily D. is always cast, it's because she's Sophia's favorite model. I'm pretty sure all the casting directors have their 'key select favorites' that make it every year. If you follow John P. and Sophia on Instagram it' fairly obvious who they each like.

I truly wish Natasha Poly was casted. She would have injected some fierceness is that slow-ass show.

Honestly not even Natasha could have made the show any better. She probably would have been chopped in the editing room.

For those asking why Lily D. is always cast, it's because she's Sophia's favorite model. I'm pretty sure all the casting directors have their 'key select favorites' that make it every year. If you follow John P. and Sophia on Instagram it' fairly obvious who they each like.

Honestly not even Natasha could have made the show any better. She probably would have been chopped in the editing room.

True that.

Honestly, #BodyByIza got the most runway screen time out of all the models. We all think she's thirsty for attention, but clearly it's paying off  :rofl: