Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2014 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Clauds

I loved her little wink at the end there. Sui is so stunning. I think Lily D is wonderful. I loved her twirl at the end of GA. She is such a classic girl, very laid back and doesn't go crazy on the runway. I always loved her walk in Put A Spell On You in 2011.

I managed to download it in 30 minutes or so (for once my internet connection doesn't suck) and I have a few comments. First of all you guys are complaining about TSwift, the bad editing, and all that stuff like you didn't know it would happen  :ninja: "There's always next year..." No, there won't be next year. Since 2009 it's like this and every year there's something off, so I think we should just judge according to these years' standard. And according to these years' standards, this show has been pretty good imo.

• Behati wasn't that bad, yes she wasn't the best, but still better than 2011 Candice.
  • ET really was this year's bastard child  :rofl: Such a shame, cause I love Ed, I love that song and I love all the girls in it, but everything else was just wrong.
  • Still don't understand why you complained about Jourdan, I think she was great.
  • I never loved Lindsay as much as this year (must be pregnancy hormones, idk). Same for Elsa and Bregje.
  • I now want to see Jac and Sara only in mainline, and either Taylor or Yumi (or even Ming) as the new Pink spokeperson.
  • The Taylor/Blanca accident has been well edited, thank god.
  • And thank god there wasn't Adam, the focus on Shanina's bf was enough :ninja: . That second on Caleb was cute tho.
  • The little segments in between were nice, but the Russell one was the best, and very well deserved.
  • Ariana still looks like a 12yo to me, sorry. Good voice and presence tho.
  • Oh and I love the Christmas commercial, very well done.
  • In the end, nothing so special, but I liked it  :thumbsup: 

Well I just finished watching the VSFS on CBS in full HD and not on a dam laptop and I must say, all the bickering about how awful the show was wasn't there for me personally. It's the same editing as it was last year with all the camera cuts left and right. As a matter of fact; I know this won't be a popular opinion here but all the performances weren't half bad at all and Taylor Swift actually really added to the sensual vibe of what was going on :yes: Not a fan of any of the performers but at least they added to the show vs take away from it. Only minor note is Ariana and PINK...too many performers on the stage made it a jumbled mess of a segment to watch :ninja: Oh well, at least PINK was a vast improvement from last year outfit wise smily%20new%20one.gif

Some noteable notes..

• Exotic Traverls segment was the bastard child of the show, you couldn't of said it better Clauds. Just nothing there to speak about! :ninja:
  • Bummed they never panned into Lais much during the Exotic Travelers segment but girl needs to not contort her face whilst singing the song :pinch:
  • Izabel's hair flip was just priceless, girl looks like she has some kind of tick or muscle disorder with how quickly she pulls that move off.
  • Bregje's body freaking killed it in the PINK segment, only girl worth the watch body wise. Oh, JoJo wasn't too shabby either :chicken:
  • Elsa looked beyond gorgeous but she needs to slow down with the cape flaps next time around.
  • Last segment was my fav this year. Way they had all the girls lined up and ready to walk and the outfits... :wub:

I agree with everything you said here Flower%20for%20you.gif

I LOVE how they cut karlie's lip sync!!

i hated behati's openning, usually it's the time i get excited, and i felt bored!!

loved adri, ale, lais, elsa, blanca, jac, sara, lili A, candice, doutzen, sue :wub2: :wub2: :wub2: :wub2: :wub2: :wub2:

i'm just sad cause Elsa was too fast in fairy tale, and i blame the horrible editin'

but...

yall should stop saying "this is the worst show" every year lol. I do kinda agree on the editing. I'm probably the only one that loves this year's show

You are not the only one, I first read all bellazon comments and was like "Omg wtf" then I watched show and saw nothing people here were talking about. Except I wish they payed more attention to editing and less attention to Taylor.

Big like for Ariana Grande!

So I just finished watching the show.
Opening credits was very well made. Although I'm still confused as to who this Stella girl is supposed to be. But Elsa looked absolutely STUNNING.

Gilded Angels: I'm sorry but Behati's opening was underwhelming. She's cute and all but her walk just lacks the energy that I expect from a show opening. I loved Lily D, Candice, Lindsay, wasn't a big fan of Devon, especially her hair. It looked so dry. Anyway, although I didn't like the music, for some reason it sounded like it came straight from the 80s, but I have given up on the music a long time ago, it's still very good segment overall and I loved the outfits.

So London is awesome and Lily A is very excited, good for you.

Dream Girls: I liked Taylor more than I thought I would. I quite liked the song. What I didn't like about the segment is that at least a third of the cast were completely unknown to me, and I saw way too much of Karlie singing and dancing for my taste. But on a bright note, Sara S looked so beautiful. And get that screen time Izabel!

Greatest models in the history of the world, Ed don't get too excited. For VS certainly, for the fashion industry as a whole, there are models who had more impact.

Exotic travelers: Sorry but the music was a real mismatch. Alessandra and Adriana joint opening was nice and let's not forget Izabel's hairflip. But most of the outfits weren't very pretty.

Alright we know walking the VSFS is great, it's so important, it's nerve wracking, etc. We know all this, why is there a interlude to talk about this every single year ?

University of Pink: I have the feeling that Elsa didn't really bring her A game, I was a little disappointed in her walk. On the other hand a lot of other girls did so the segment was fun to watch. However I didn't like the amount of screen time that Ariana got. I know she's the performer, but considering that she has time on the stage all by herself in the beginning and the end of the segment, during the models passage I would have appreciated to see a little less of her.

Telling us that the wings are expensive was unnecessary. Other than that I always like to watch the fabrication process of the outfits so I liked the little interlude.

Fairy Tale: Candice's opening was perfect and I loved Jourdan there. Izabel should have been given a corset, even that little piece of fabric can't hide her Schwarzenegger abs.

So Russell James gets to promote his book. Not that I'm complaining he deserves recognition for his work.

And Karlie loves ballet. I didn't get what the point of that was, but Karlie looked beautiful as a ballerina.

Angel Ball: Again, great outfits and I didn't really mind Taylor. Joan was the highlight of this segment for me.

Overall very nice show, mostly because the outfits this year were really good. About the production I noticed that we had a lot less "producers" or "editors" voices this year (turn table to position blabla go, go Whatsyourname, music track go etc.) I kinda enjoyed the relative silence.

Disappointments: Elsa. She looked great in the opening and she looks great in pictures but the runway doesn't seem to be her thing. She looked so nervous. I also expected more from Kate G, even though I can't say she blew it but her energy wasn't great.
Top girls: Sara S, I wasn't really a fan but she was a-ma-zing this year. Josephine was the highlight of the Pink segment, I loved her. Jourdan also looked great in Fairy Tale.