Bellazon

Karlie Kloss
Thumbnail

jenibelle

3 hours ago, Schemer said:

She did a Vogue photoshoot as a geisha, walked the Victoria's Secret show wearing Native American headdress...and all those experiences haven't taught her about her position of privilege.

I'm now convinced you have a dossier on Karlie's transgressions. 😛

I've just always been interested in her career because I think she's one of the best working models right now, I just don't understand some of her business decisions and why is she so obsessed with projecting some kind of image when she's not obligated to do so.

She's just full of crap and there's many examples to it, some that have already been mentioned. Keep in mind this woman was a VS Angel, then walked the show again after quitting/being fired and now is preaching the gospel of "VS sucks", now that VS is not cool she talks shit about them because she is #woke?. I'm sorry girl but if VS was so horrible why did you go back to their show when you had no contractual obligation whatsoever? 

She's a hypocrite and I hope she goes away from the public eye because at this point people like her do more harm than well to any cause she decides to "support" with her "activism" that feels quite frankly, like desperate PR stunts to hide the fact that she is in bed with the Trumps. And I used to adore Karlie, but for the past couple of years she's just been awful and that won't go away regardless of good of a model she is.

She's defended VS however on a numerous occasions, while at the same time. I dunno its confusing. I've heard rumors that she is laying the foundation for a political career which I find hilarious. As for her being married to a Kushner I couldn't really care, everybody has to deal with that one racist uncle from time to time. As for her husband he doesnt seem to have the same history that maims everybody else in that family. My family is a mess too, but I'm not going to just refuse to go to events just because I hate a few people's guts there, I'll just have to ignore them.

Karlie comes across as trying to become a public figure/personality  eg. a host of tv show or some other venture- it's the only way a model can have a career after modeling.  Basically she's ambitious.  Her efforts however come across as artificial and in-congruent.  Is she still a computer programming whiz?  :confused:

1 hour ago, Sensual said:

She's defended VS however on a numerous occasions, while at the same time. I dunno its confusing. I've heard rumors that she is laying the foundation for a political career which I find hilarious. As for her being married to a Kushner I couldn't really care, everybody has to deal with that one racist uncle from time to time. As for her husband he doesnt seem to have the same history that maims everybody else in that family. My family is a mess too, but I'm not going to just refuse to go to events just because I hate a few people's guts there, I'll just have to ignore them.

There is a difference between being born into a family and marrying into one. The latter is a choice.

Also, the Kushner clan is really messed up, beyond just the branch of the family Jared and Joshua are a part of. But the thing that always put things in perspective for me is that Jared and Joshua hate Chris Christie for prosecuting their father. Now I'm not saying that they shouldn't still love and support their dad after he was sent to prison for having done some horrifically bad stuff. But their hatred for Christie seems to stem from the notion that their dad was somehow wronged, when if anything, the sentence he got was very lenient.

I wouldn't want to be part of a family that deems what Charles Kushner did to his own sister as "normal" or not worthy of a jail sentence. They are a sinister bunch and choosing to become part of that clan is bewildering to me, if you know what they are capable of.

+1 Pretty much.

My family is a hot mess and I have from little to no association with most of them, so I made very very conscious choice to find a partner whose family I actually like, respect and can get behind. Karlie 100% chose to be a Kushner, she made her bed and now she needs to lay in it.

After reading the last couple of posts, I feel like I need to google some stuff. Damn.

All of this sort of reinforces they way I felt. She should just stop posting about this kind of stuff. It does feel like a PR stunt and it's not a good look.

I hope she never gets into politics herself. Let her learn from this backlash. 

34 minutes ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

They are a sinister bunch and choosing to become part of that clan is bewildering to me, if you know what they are capable of.

the golden boy she married is worth hundreds of millions of dollars, the troubles of the family can be overlooked if one is ambitious in life.

51 minutes ago, feyre said:

After reading the last couple of posts, I feel like I need to google some stuff. Damn.

All of this sort of reinforces they way I felt. She should just stop posting about this kind of stuff. It does feel like a PR stunt and it's not a good look.

I hope she never gets into politics herself. Let her learn from this backlash. 

Is Karlie really dealing with much backlash though?? All I see in the mainstream publications is some quotes from Tavi Gevinson.

27 minutes ago, hillstreet said:

Is Karlie really dealing with much backlash though?? All I see in the mainstream publications is some quotes from Tavi Gevinson.

I mean, if you go to any of her latest posts on IG, the comments are quite telling. She is not famous enough for anything she does to become number 1 TT or anything but...I know social media isn't the real world but it is her world in a way. For work, at least. 

3 hours ago, feyre said:

I mean, if you go to any of her latest posts on IG, the comments are quite telling. She is not famous enough for anything she does to become number 1 TT or anything but...I know social media isn't the real world but it is her world in a way. For work, at least. 

That's a very good point, I hadn't checked her comments so was out of the loop on that front.

8 hours ago, hillstreet said:

That's a very good point, I hadn't checked her comments so was out of the loop on that front.

I get the impression that many models and supermodels are hilariously out of touch with the way the rest of the world works, much like politicians

18 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

the golden boy she married is worth hundreds of millions of dollars, the troubles of the family can be overlooked if one is ambitious in life.

If you're a high profile model like Karlie, you can easily marry into wealth, including wealth that does not have all of the Kushner baggage.

5 hours ago, stewpidaz said:

I get the impression that many models and supermodels are hilariously out of touch with the way the rest of the world works, much like politicians

Of course. Remember Doutzen's "Thank you Coronavirus" post?

Wow so with all the things we are not allowed to talk about or derail subjects we have people talking about her politics her husbands politics her husbands family politics, thought this was a fashion forum. And I am quite sure if someone were to disagree with your points of view on the above all hell would break loose on that poor person for expressing their opinion.