Bellazon

Karlie Kloss
Thumbnail

jenibelle

11 minutes ago, bump said:

She looks like a sophisticated adult in the last few sets of  pictures. She's a year younger than me, and she looks so put together, polished, and perfect while I love wearing hoodies and yoga pants lol

She has a stylist. She doesn't buy her clothes. Also, from what I noticed she has contract with Adidas and (maybe, not sure) Louis Vuitton.

but  I'm still not quite sure on what she does with the kode with Klossy (is that the name of it?) to be honest. 

She has a promo partnership with Flatiron school. I think it's nice that she's putting the name out there for girls to code but I think it's very shady of her to advertise herself as "a coder". Because it's clear that that girl can't code. Learning a programing language takes enormous amount of time and she works so much in fashion that there is no way that she has enough time to take 4-5 hours minimum per day to learn to code. And I'm talking a very basic level of code. That's what I don't like. It's more like a PR stunt than the real thing.

If she was just upfront and told everyone that it's a hobby for her that she's been interested and that she's learning on her own pace when she has time, that would actually be very cool of her. But the fact that her management (Scooter Brown of all people) is pushing the narrative of her being some kind of a super-woman who works in fashion but can also build apps is disrespectful to everyone who is actually breaking their brains while learning programming. I live for the day when someone actually has guts to ask her an actual tech question and to watch as she tries to bullshit her way out of it.

I mean, look at this bullshit:

870291924_https_blogs-images.forbes.com_natalierobehmed_files_2017_11_1109_forbes-cover-30-under-30-karlie-kloss-12-12-2017_768x1003.thumb.jpg.849289cf59b49f1ce9e99bd354dd2ea1.jpg

On 3/21/2020 at 2:06 PM, Schemer said:

She has a promo partnership with Flatiron school. I think it's nice that she's putting the name out there for girls to code but I think it's very shady of her to advertise herself as "a coder". Because it's clear that that girl can't code. Learning a programing language takes enormous amount of time and she works so much in fashion that there is no way that she has enough time to take 4-5 hours minimum per day to learn to code. And I'm talking a very basic level of code. That's what I don't like. It's more like a PR stunt than the real thing.

If she was just upfront and told everyone that it's a hobby for her that she's been interested and that she's learning on her own pace when she has time, that would actually be very cool of her. But the fact that her management (Scooter Brown of all people) is pushing the narrative of her being some kind of a super-woman who works in fashion but can also build apps is disrespectful to everyone who is actually breaking their brains while learning programming. I live for the day when someone actually has guts to ask her an actual tech question and to watch as she tries to bullshit her way out of it.

That's a fair assessment. I suppose the other point is that Karlie is really well connected, many models wouldn't have the money or connections to launch something like a coding school.

I guess there is also an element of the media going overboard with praise any time a model shows that they are in some way multi-faceted, like this is some big revelation.

On 3/21/2020 at 2:06 PM, Schemer said:

She has a stylist. She doesn't buy her clothes. Also, from what I noticed she has contract with Adidas and (maybe, not sure) Louis Vuitton.

My understanding is that stylists provide options and advice but that the client would ultimately decide what they like and will wear etc.

She looks spectacular in these latest adds. Her effort with coding has seemed as much about empowering others, especially young women, to achieve what they can. I think she is active in terms of promoting their work rather than doing the technical stuff herself.

@Schemer thank you for such an informative response. I definitely think she has contracts with adidas and LV and who knows who else. I think she looks really good in adidas clothes. And the coding stuff is weird to me, too. I think it’s nice she’s putting it out there and encouraging girls to get into that field, but her being on that magazine is too much. I know it’s not he fault she’s in it, and who would turn it down if offered, but there are so many more deserving people that should get the spotlight. 

• 2 weeks later...

I figured there wouldn't really be much new stuff seeing as I would imagine the fashion industry is shut down right now, but I was hoping she would be posting something...or someone she worked with would post something. I don't have social media so even if I go try and find anything new from her, I don't know how to extract and post here. So I really appreciate those of you who post updates and pictures in this thread and in all the others!!! I just hope we see something soon. 

On 4/8/2020 at 3:54 PM, bump said:

I figured there wouldn't really be much new stuff seeing as I would imagine the fashion industry is shut down right now, but I was hoping she would be posting something...or someone she worked with would post something. I don't have social media so even if I go try and find anything new from her, I don't know how to extract and post here. So I really appreciate those of you who post updates and pictures in this thread and in all the others!!! I just hope we see something soon. 

There hasn't been anything new since the Vogue photos. She's been doing lives on instagram with different people and uploading a couple of youtube videos, but nothing else. And that has been shared on sm, she hasn't been shooting anything. Some photos for Adidas in Paris according to one of her vlogs, but I don't know when they will be released.

@canirove Thank you for replying and posting the videos. I'm going to watch them now while I drink my coffee. I could use some workout motivation, especially since I have so much free time and nowhere to go, so these are perfect videos! 

I don't use social media, so I never know anything unless it's posted here, which is why I so very much appreciate all of you who update this thread and all the other ones I love.

This is random, but the threads I constantly visit are: Lily A, Candice S, Behati, Rosie HW, Doutzen, Miranda, Barbara P, Kate Li, Grace Elizabeth....

sometimes I check in on Bella, Gigi, Olivia Brower, Erin H, Lindsey E, Alexina, Jasmine T, Romee, Rachel Hilbert, Taylor H...

I'm mainly a fan of VS models, especially from the 2008-2014/15 times. 

What other models do you guys like? I'd love to hear your responses as I have no friends in real life who like modeling and I enjoy discussing models/fashion/VS. I hope someone, or more than one someone, reply! Thanks if you do. 

10 minutes ago, canirove said:

@bump besides some of the VS models you mentioned, I also like Vittoria Ceretti, Fran Summers, Rianne Van Rompaey, Kris Grikaite, Blanca Padilla...

I only know Blanca and Vittoria out of that list, so today I'll have to go check out threads for the other models you listed. Thank you for replying! 

Thank you for posting those videos as well. I have no idea who this Hyram kid is, but he seems fun. I enjoyed this videos, but I love skin care stuff in general, so skin care and Karlie is great!

On 4/9/2020 at 10:01 AM, bump said:

@canirove Thank you for replying and posting the videos. I'm going to watch them now while I drink my coffee. I could use some workout motivation, especially since I have so much free time and nowhere to go, so these are perfect videos! 

I don't use social media, so I never know anything unless it's posted here, which is why I so very much appreciate all of you who update this thread and all the other ones I love.

This is random, but the threads I constantly visit are: Lily A, Candice S, Behati, Rosie HW, Doutzen, Miranda, Barbara P, Kate Li, Grace Elizabeth....

sometimes I check in on Bella, Gigi, Olivia Brower, Erin H, Lindsey E, Alexina, Jasmine T, Romee, Rachel Hilbert, Taylor H...

I'm mainly a fan of VS models, especially from the 2008-2014/15 times. 

What other models do you guys like? I'd love to hear your responses as I have no friends in real life who like modeling and I enjoy discussing models/fashion/VS. I hope someone, or more than one someone, reply! Thanks if you do. 

Barbara Palvin, Vittoria Ceretti, Alexina Graham, Edita Vilkeviciute, Rianne van Rompaey, and Grace Elizabeth are some of my muses. There is probably a few more I could mention but it would get too long :P

10 minutes ago, Sensual said:

Barbara Palvin, Vittoria Ceretti, Alexina Graham, Edita Vilkeviciute, Rianne van Rompaey, and Grace Elizabeth are some of my muses. There is probably a few more I could mention but it would get too long 😛

Oooh, good choices! I always forget about Edita, but she was around in the era of VS that is my favorite, so I'm going to have to go look up her VS work. I especially love VS swim stuff; it so brightly colored and happy! 

Karlie actually wasn't bad for VS swim. When they first hired her for VS, I thought "WTF". I have always loved her HF work and she's always been one of my favorite models, but I thought VS was messing up big time. I am not personally a fan of how tall and thin Karlie is, but I think she did very well with VS. Her swim work was adorable and she was a wonderful spokesmodel. I wish she would've stayed with them longer, but I do think it would've limited her HF work, which is where she is just the best at. 

Here are some VS pictures for old time's sake since there's not much new stuff going on here:

Karlie-Kloss-in-Bikini-for-VS-2013--01.j892242f505597b17a9db144b6bb60122.jpgtumblr_mhub92Zy5O1qb6jeto1_500.jpg5d23a186cdebdbc698ab0b42df79775d.jpg602bc1708cc5c747633a6bc52450f1d1.jpg

Those photos with the pink swimsuit are some of my favourites :wub: And I miss her brown hair. On the last youtube videos it almost looks as if she is brunette again, so maybe since she can't retouch her roots during quaratine, she will let them be free and brunette Karlie will come back 😁

5 hours ago, bump said:

Oooh, good choices! I always forget about Edita, but she was around in the era of VS that is my favorite, so I'm going to have to go look up her VS work. I especially love VS swim stuff; it so brightly colored and happy! 

Karlie actually wasn't bad for VS swim. When they first hired her for VS, I thought "WTF". I have always loved her HF work and she's always been one of my favorite models, but I thought VS was messing up big time. I am not personally a fan of how tall and thin Karlie is, but I think she did very well with VS. Her swim work was adorable and she was a wonderful spokesmodel. I wish she would've stayed with them longer, but I do think it would've limited her HF work, which is where she is just the best at. 

I was also always big fan of Karlie Kloss, shes a bit of a local hero.

19 hours ago, canirove said:

Those photos with the pink swimsuit are some of my favourites :wub: And I miss her brown hair. On the last youtube videos it almost looks as if she is brunette again, so maybe since she can't retouch her roots during quaratine, she will let them be free and brunette Karlie will come back 😁

I like her with brown hair better, too. I did not like her ice blonde VSFS hair at all. 

18 hours ago, Sensual said:

I was also always big fan of Karlie Kloss, shes a bit of a local hero.

I bet that's so neat to grow up near where someone like her is from. We have no models from where I'm from, but Marilyn Manson was born about an hour or two away from me and I'm quite a fan of his music, so that's cool! 

6 hours ago, bump said:

I like her with brown hair better, too. I did not like her ice blonde VSFS hair at all.

When she had white hair I remember I was one of the few who liked it haha Now it depends on the photo.

17 hours ago, canirove said:

When she had white hair I remember I was one of the few who liked it haha Now it depends on the photo.

Did you like it as the VSFS 2017? I LOVED her Punk outfit and it kinda looked out with that, but I thought it looked terrible and clashed terribly with the blue and white outfit she had. 

On 4/18/2020 at 3:54 PM, bump said:

Did you like it as the VSFS 2017? I LOVED her Punk outfit and it kinda looked out with that, but I thought it looked terrible and clashed terribly with the blue and white outfit she had. 

With the punk outfit it looked weird, but I liked it with the white one. It didn't clash for me 😁

36 minutes ago, canirove said:

With the punk outfit it looked weird, but I liked it with the white one. It didn't clash for me 😁

I love BZ for many reasons, and one of them is the difference in opinions. You and I have a completely different opinion on her hair style and outfit, and it's really cool to read about how different people view things. It makes it interesting!  

I like plaid/black/dark/punk stuff and don't care so much for light/airy/pastel pretty stuff, so I think that's why I liked the Punk look better. 

38 minutes ago, bump said:

I love BZ for many reasons, and one of them is the difference in opinions. You and I have a completely different opinion on her hair style and outfit, and it's really cool to read about how different people view things. It makes it interesting!  

I like plaid/black/dark/punk stuff and don't care so much for light/airy/pastel pretty stuff, so I think that's why I liked the Punk look better. 

I like both. One day I like dark outfits, other flowers, other something very simple... it depends on my mood haha But on that show I didn't like the punk outfit she got, it isn't among my favourite VS looks she's worn.

2 minutes ago, canirove said:

I like both. One day I like dark outfits, other flowers, other something very simple... it depends on my mood haha But on that show I didn't like the punk outfit she got, it isn't among my favourite VS looks she's worn.

It wasn't the best outfit in the segment (I loved Adriana and Jasmine's looks), but I honestly think it's probably my favorite outfit Karlie has ever gotten. I also liked her Circus 2012 outfit.