Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

This Year's Victoria's Secret Fashion Show Will Be Held in (Drumroll) ...

N.Y.C.! After a break to go across the pond to London in 2014, the show is returning to the States for its 20th anniversary. “New York City was the site of the first ever Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show in 1995, and holds a special place in our history and our hearts,” says CEO Sharon Jester Turney. “For this year’s show, our twentieth, we’re returning to where it all began.”

http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com/2015/05/26/victorias-secret-fashion-show-2015-location/

From Taylor's thread via TMZ:

The youngest and newest Angel, Taylor Hill has reportedly bought herself a brand new N14 million ($70K) custom Black Edition Range Rover Evoque. The 19-year-old has been walking the runway for just five years before recently signing her multimillion dollar deal with the world class lingerie brand.

Multimillion dollar deal? I highly doubt it.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Behati & Lily hit below the 3M$ mark at the latest Forbes ranking. Alessandra got 4M$ including all her contracts. Doutzen got 8M$ with VS, L'Oréal, Samsung, H&M & Tiffany. I'd say a VS Angel contract is 2M$ per year, tops.

That being said, the contract being (probably) three-year-long, all Taylor needs for a "multimillion dollar deal" is 667k$ per year (totaling 2M$ over 3 years).

http://www.forbes.com/models/

I don't think they're handing out "big money" contracts right off the bat anymore, especially with signing 10 girls at once. Nor do I think they signed any of these girls for 3 years like they used to.

There's a reason they were able to hire so many at once - they're cheap in comparison to the vets they have on their roster.

I could see Lais and Elsa getting better money or longer term on their contracts compared to the rest but Taylor and Kate G I would think would be the least likely to get 3 year contracts if any of the new girls got them at all just based on their lack of VS work before getting named an angel. Compared to Stella, Elsa, Lais, Jasmine, Sara & Martha they haven't worked with VS nearly as much, and only slightly less then Romee, though it is not Taylor or Romee's fault as they are so young so less time available that VS would have been willing to work with them.

VS seems to be taking a page from sports contracts giving short term less money to younger models as a sort of prove your worth type deal, they hit it off with their target market and they get bigger contracts at renewal, they don't and they get the boot.

I wouldn't be surprised if they handed out different contracts (monetary and duration of) to different girls either, based on their previous work with the company. I'm sure Elsa, Lais and maybe Martha and Jasmine all received more money along with a little more job security than the others. I'm not saying it's impossible that some of the girls did actually receive multimillion dollar contracts, just that I highly doubt Taylor was one of them.

It does appear that's what they're doing. It's been interesting to see who they're already pushing versus those they aren't.

^Kate wasn't even working as a full time model till late 2013 (after RNTM) nor was she signed with a US agent.

So again, not really her fault for the 'lack' of VS work. :/

At least the younger ones could make do with their VS Pink work at the time before being 18+ :)

THE Victoria's Secret 2015 show will be held in New York City, it was confirmed today. The lingerie extravaganza moved to London for 2016, but will return to its recent home late this year in time to celebrate its 20th anniversary. The 2015 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show will be held in New York," said Sharen Jester Turney, Victoria's Secret chief executive officer. "New York City was the site of the first ever Victoria's Secret Fashion Show in 1995, and holds a special place in our history and our hearts. For this year's show, our twentieth, we're returning to where it all began."

The show was held in New York for its first five years, before moving to Cannes in 2000. The subsequent three shows were held in New York, before the show was replaced by an Angels tour - from NY to Miami, Las Vegas and Los Angeles - in 2004. Over the following four years, the show moved between New York, LA and Miami, before it began another five-year stint in the Big Apple. The most recent show, in December 2014, was held in London, but returning to New York to celebrate this milestone was never really up for debate.

VS fucked up their browser. I guess they don't want photos being released ahead of time anymore.

Then VS will drop Taylor and she'll write a song about their off Broadway production