Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Kate's VS photos are actually quite good. Sara Sampaio is the odd one in this mix :/

dude we get it u hate sara! get over it!!!!! jezzz

Just look at her VS photos for yourself, objectively.  Then look at Jojo's. And tell me if the former dont look like a joke

Yes but how many of these girls are contract models that they've given a 1 year contract, 2 years tops on a trial run, they don't work out, they're gone.

They're looking for replacements people, don't jump the gun just yet. VS is losing their entire lineup in the next couple years, they need replacements.

15 angels, don't think so.

OK, but why name them Angels then? Nothing is stopping VS to continue to work with these girls without any need to name them Angels.

They have total monopoly over market. It's just a silly decision.

Over the last 5 or so years they've been pumping girls into PINK and their mainline, waiting for someone to hit a magical mark, for someone to collectively make people go who is that.  

In 'recent' years Miranda and Candice had that interest peak, where after the show everyone was trying to figure out who they were but as of late no one has. Maybe it's because they're being lost in a sea of other new faces, with little screen time, and bad editing. Who knows, but at this point I wouldn't be surprised if they are giving these 10 girls "Angel" contracts to try and see who sells the best to the public.

As for the devaluation of the term Angel that was already done years ago. Not even by the company but instead by media who was attributing the term to every girl who worked for them. I would probably say that these girls were all contracted for a year for 2-5 hundred thousand with the hopes of being picked up for a 1-2 million dollar contract if they sell.

Unfortunately unless they really push their outward branching into Europe some of the girls they've picked up in this shopping spree will probably be dropped contractually after a year.

The company wants the best, they are the biggest lingerie retailer in the world, and in order to retain that status they have, they need the best. Their biggest problem is they're trying to retain a high fashion/commercial model cross over which isn't always viable when you're selling lingerie.

so happy for Sara, Lais, Taylor and Jac! i like Kate but it was too soon for her..Jojo is on fire lately, weird she's not in the list
 when she's working more than most of them

Kate's VS photos are actually quite good. Sara Sampaio is the odd one in this mix :/

my god can you stop it? your hate for sara is getting annoying! we get it, you don't like her, you don't need to say it again and again

I don't think it's odd either. They'll be without Lima and Alessandra soon, maybe Candice too if she'll get a baby so they would be there without any standouts. So now that they have a bunch they can build them up. And pick the new flagships. Though I can't imagine which one of these girls could be that, they are all so plain to me. None of them is a full package imo. Maybe also that's why they chose quantity,because they don't have real quality . If you don't have superstars you need a strong team, like in sports.

OMG way too many angels now :o in total 15?! :/ the title 'angel' doesn't mean what it used to be anymore.. :(

Very excited for Elsa, Sara and Taylor tho! And Jasmine too, finally some color :heart:

I like Monika and Martha also very much but not as much as the girls above... And the rest is just mehhh...

I'm truly happy for Lais tho, she deserved it the most :yes:

I gues then some of the old angels will be gone soon .. (Adriana, Alessandra, Candice, Lily) :cry2:

Yay for Lais. Idk she's not my fave but I feel like she deserves this. Excited for Taylor as well, she's one they can transform into a sexbomdb Indifferent about Martha but I guess good on her. And watch Jac steal all your hearts tbh. 2 MOC? Someone pinch me. Romee is going to grow into it.

I asumme this means Adriana/Ale and possibly Lily are packing their bags.

I hope Lily will take an extensive amount of time to thank VS for making her happen

If this year's fantasybra ends up in one of the 10 girls, I would be speechless.

Be prepared to see Lily, Adri and Ale leaving. I can't imagine what would happen if Candice leave with the 3, VS would be just Behati oh wait, there's adam in the front row.

We'll never know what Ed is thinking, dropping them one by one over the years ( The good ones) and singing all 10 at once?! 

I'll bet Ed considered negotiating an angel contract with Taylor Swift !

As for the devaluation of the term Angel that was already done years ago.

I think because Lindsay, Behati, Lily, and Erin were sub-par and Karlie wasn't right for VS.  But this is announcing 10 Angels in one day, in one 15 second video.  That's a whole 'nother level.

I'm sure they'll re-up Candice's contract once it has expired so she won't be leaving with Lily, Ale and Adriana. Once Adriana and Ale leave, she's their most recognizable face by far. 

I feel like Elsa has a shot at the FB now for some reason.

Yes but how many of these girls are contract models that they've given a 1 year contract, 2 years tops on a trial run, they don't work out, they're gone.

They're looking for replacements people, don't jump the gun just yet. VS is losing their entire lineup in the next couple years, they need replacements.

15 angels, don't think so.

OK, but why name them Angels then? Nothing is stopping VS to continue to work with these girls without any need to name them Angels.

They have total monopoly over market. It's just a silly decision.

Over the last 5 or so years they've been pumping girls into PINK and their mainline, waiting for someone to hit a magical mark, for someone to collectively make people go who is that.  

In 'recent' years Miranda and Candice had that interest peak, where after the show everyone was trying to figure out who they were but as of late no one has. Maybe it's because they're being lost in a sea of other new faces, with little screen time, and bad editing. Who knows, but at this point I wouldn't be surprised if they are giving these 10 girls "Angel" contracts to try and see who sells the best to the public.

As for the devaluation of the term Angel that was already done years ago. Not even by the company but instead by media who was attributing the term to every girl who worked for them. I would probably say that these girls were all contracted for a year for 2-5 hundred thousand with the hopes of being picked up for a 1-2 million dollar contract if they sell.

Unfortunately unless they really push their outward branching into Europe some of the girls they've picked up in this shopping spree will probably be dropped contractually after a year.

The company wants the best, they are the biggest lingerie retailer in the world, and in order to retain that status they have, they need the best. Their biggest problem is they're trying to retain a high fashion/commercial model cross over which isn't always viable when you're selling lingerie.

I don't disagree with anything that you wrote.

bold part: I know but I was hoping that they would work on fixing that issue but they made it even worse.

I have no idea how are they planning to sell all these girls to consumers.

And I think you're right on the contract pricing, being Angel is probably very cheap these days but is it better for a company to have 4-5 better paid girls or 10+ lower paid (if it sums up to the roughly same amount of money)?

my god can you stop it? your hate for sara is getting annoying! we get it, you don't like her, you don't need to say it again and again

Nothing to do with whether I like her personally or not.  Just sharing my perspective, thats all like pointing to the quality of her work with VS etc. You dont grasp it so accuse me of being partisan. Sad :(

Being an Angel has a lot less prestige now.  Sucks for Elsa that she has been with this company for years and just gets brought in with these relative nobodies.  The other 5 Angels have got to be pissed too.

True stuff. Elsa got screwed hard.

A new store is opening in Milano, can't find exactly when, next year I guess. Maybe that's what they are planning to do, I can't exactly figure out how having more angels will affect their expanding to Europe, but I guess we'll see.