Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

There was a crazy discussion about Lima being awful and I wasn't here for it?

DAMN IT!

(:rofl:)

Though, to be honest, I think Candice has reached that same level of annoyance from me. At least when I look at Lima, I know there's a soul in there. Candice has these blank eyes... lipid pools of nothingness that are supposed to be sexy and, are in fact, frighteningly empty.

That and she comes across as a total idiot who couldn't do more than four poses with a gun to her head.

Agree about Candice. Lima's accent is getting stronger each year.

Here's my thing with VS models/ just in general:

Where's the appeal there once was? I used to like looking at VS. Now i look at Candice Victoria Secret's and there's no appeal or charm anymore, also cause it's the same dam women or the same poses all the time. Any other job this complacency/boringness would get everyone fired, at VS you must get a gold star or something like that, i'm not sure but i'm sure it's something ridiculous like that probably (now i want a gold star.) I guess what i'm trying to say it's lets get some form of sexyness back, and no candice in a one piece looking over her shoulder with the legs spread is not attractive no more. Maybe the first 5 times, but not anymore (unless maybe it was a onesie pajama thing with the rear flap you can take on and off then maybe?) Alas, just do something CS, i mean VS to get the sexyness back. Or just find a new sexy model or something, no not another blonde that looks kinda similar to the ones you have, (maybe they're trying to clone models and it's going wrong? I don't know.)

I guess the point i'm getting at is this:

I make no sense and just wanted to type something out and I really want a gold star (I'm looking at you Joe i know you must have them)

Having just looked at some old VS print work in the Daniela Pestova thread, a trend emerges. The basic mold of the VS girl has changed. The used to be "womenly" (Pestova, Casta, Klum, Banks).

Nowadays they have a look I'd describe more as "girly". Even the older ones like Lima have a more girlish look. With other VS girls like Candice and Miranda, this is possibly even more pronounced.

I don't understand all of the Candice hate. It annoys me as well that they make her go through the same twelve poses over and over again. But in terms of her being a spokesmodel, I enjoy her a lot more than Lima. Her speaking voice is a lot more pleasing on the ears than Lima's. And sure, she goes back to platitudes and scripted remarks a lot. But which VS girl - apart from Heidi Klum and maybe Marisa Miller - had a personality that lent it self to improvisation?

As for the Candice and Adriana hate, I think there are many similarities between the two.

It all has to do with overexposure. Any models weakness will start to stand out like a sore thumb if the same model is paraded along over and over again.

I don't think Candi and Adri are necessarily worse than their VS peers, it's just that they are overused.

I think its come down to, we get BORED far to easy anymore, and need something new constantly, and as far as Lima being over used, look at the VS catalog, its candice, Erin, Lindsey & lilly, Aless/Lima/Fontana & Goulet barely get used and if they do its like 2 or 3 pics max!!!!!! but maybe thats me

I do like Candice's pictures, while she is not the best spokewoman she surely is sexy & look good on lingerie there's no denial in that (yes, she only has five poses but she looks great doing those five poses). The problem is that we are getting way too much Candice, everytime the VS is updated you get: 100 pictures of Candice, 20 pictures of Lily/Erin, 8 pictures of Adriana/Alessandra & from 5 to 0 pictures from Chanel/Behati ... Then you see the catalogue & Candice is on the cover & in 90% of the pages, & while she does look good you go & think "What the hell? Don't they have NINE other models?"

There was a time when Adri/Ale were all over the catalogues, that is true ... But they kept using Karolina, Selita, Gisele, Miranda, Marisa & all the models they had & you didn't feel link you were seing the same girl over & over & over. Now they could easily get rid of the other nine girls & nobody will notice because they're not even in the catalogues anymore, heck Marisa & Heidi left last year & people didn't notice until they made an announcement or didn't show up at the show.

Like i said, i do like Candice, i love her VS pictures & to me she does sell well what she is wearing, but the overexposure/overuse from VS is totally killing her to me

As for the Candice and Adriana hate, I think there are many similarities between the two.

It all has to do with overexposure. Any models weakness will start to stand out like a sore thumb if the same model is paraded along over and over again.

I don't think Candi and Adri are necessarily worse than their VS peers, it's just that they are overused.

That's exactly it. When you see a model sparingly there really isn't anything that jumps out at you, the more and more you see one, their weaknesses as a model (or otherwise) become glaringly apparent.

And to add to all this, (and this is nothing against any of the models); zomg new picture, wait no that was out last month, oh no's 6 months ago, oh wait a year?

Almost all the damn pictures are just starting to blend into one another. I could probably tolerate looking at one model over and over and over if there was a bit of diversity in the pictures, but it's the exact same picture every time. Sometimes we're lucky and it has a different backdrop.

It's also VS fault, they aren't putting any effort on making good pictures ... The only thing i've seen lately & actually enjoyed was the Little Book of Sexy thing, the rest of the pictures are all the same. Specially the Swim pictures, you can't tell if the pictures are new or from 2008, all the pictures from all the models look exactly the same :pinch: