Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

I don't hate Adriana, I dislike her fans. Look, every single model has something negative about her, -every- model. What bothers me are those select groups of fans, (and I can think of at least two other models whose fans infuriate me without even trying); anyways it's those fans that refuse to accept anything negative said about their favorite model. Jesus, accept that Adriana's accent is getting worse, that Candice is losing to much weight, that Alessandra's ears are to big and that her weight is a goddamn yo-yo that hopefully seems to be balancing. Accept that Bar is not the best model in the world and will never work for VS, accept that people are not all going to share the same opinion.

My point was and remains this; that Adriana, based on how long she's been taking speech lessons, and how long she's been working with an American company, promoting American products should be speaking much more clearly. But in fact if you listen to earlier interviews in her career her voice was clearer, and her English much more understandable, she's getting worse from year to year. Candice just comes across as an airhead to me, end of story. Neither, based on what I've stated make great spokesmodels. However because VS in it's infinitesimal wisdom has decided that Adriana is a marketable face/name, (possibly more to do with the fact that her body while not ideal is much more marketable then the exceptionally petite girls, (think of Tyra, Heidi and their body types as well)) then we all have to deal with the fact that she can barely speak English for shit.

:laugh:

At least one person has the same opinion as me

Adriana's accent is getting worse, some of Adriana's fans can be annoying, Candice is seems like a ditz, etc... Can we move on now?
I think there's one thing we shall will would should can could may might agree on, it's that Adriana made it to where she is at VS because of her adequately sized mammaries and striking look moreso than because of her rhetorics and eloquence.

^This isn't Adriana's thread! :whistle::hehe:
maybe that is why you understand her, cuz you probably speak the same as her.
^Oh Jade** - you are always great value!!! :hehe: Maybe you'd have been best to work out what languages they speak in both Venezuela and Brasil before posting..? :pinch:

I know that in venezuela you speak spanish, and in Brazil you speak portuguese and I was not talking about that.

I was talking about English. I was referring that they probably speak English the same, since English is not the first language. Maybe that is why she could understand Adri. I speak spanish too I am from Colombia, and I still don't understand a word coming from adri mouth. she makes my ear bleed.

^Well in that case then your comment makes zero sense!

Are you saying that all 'non-first-language' english-speakers - no matter where on earth they're from - can magically understand each other (+ Adriana) when they attempt english then? But don't you fall under that category too..? post-31808-0-1446078190-60101_thumb.gif Oh well, I tried to help!

well if you put it like that it won't make since. No I don't think you can magically understand each other. Some people have heavier accent than other people, and some people could understand eachother and some don't. It depends their accent. Maybe MISSLIMAVZLA has the same as adri heavy accent and understand eachother. I could understand adri when she spoke spanish, it sounds way better than her english. I grew up in the USA not in colombia. I speak spanish with my family and English with my friends.

They only angel I can't stand is Candice :yuckky: . She’s worst the angel of them all! She makes me want to throw away everything I have that’s from VS away. she water VS down! Why let someone that looks like playboy material or less model your clothes? She’s not even model material :ninja: Yall may diss adri but she looks like a model unlike someone else. VS FIRE HER!!!! :evil:

that is not going to happen with candice, they just made her an angel along with lilly and erin. and I still ask myself why they choose lilly

as an angel before rosie? is it because of who she's dating? I guess vs just can not please all of us, and yes I agree with you about candice,

My Order my favorite to the least

1. Erin Heatherton

2. Doutzen Kroes

3. Rosie Huntington Whiteley

4. Gracie Carvalho

5. Chanel Iman

6. Katsia Damenkova

7. Lindsay Ellingson

8. Miranda Kerr

9. Candice Swanepoel

10. Emanuela de Paula

11. Behati Prinsloo

12. Alessandra Ambrosio

13. Adriana Lima

14. Lilly Aldridge

Well in any case, VS is over the 2000-2007-ish "silent models" phase. I mean Selita, Marisa, Miranda, Rosie, Lindsay, Chanel, Erin and Lily all come from countries where English is the official language, while Doutzen, Behati & Candice grew up in countries where people usually speak English rather well. The models speak more in the recent campaigns than they used to, so I guess this explains that.

you could understand Doutzen english very clearly, she has approve her english very well. Behati english is understable.

Jade just cut it ... You go lower & lower with each post :rofl: & im sure nobody cares about your accent or my accent ... Just let it go

It seems that Baron cares, since he/she is the one arguing with me about it.

fine then I'll stop. :hug: peace?

^Yes, you're right - I do care Jade**. The warden is looking for you and everyone is very worried back at the institute. All we want to do is help... :grouphug: Just know that you're cared about, and be careful out there.

There was a crazy discussion about Lima being awful and I wasn't here for it?

DAMN IT!

(:rofl:)

Though, to be honest, I think Candice has reached that same level of annoyance from me. At least when I look at Lima, I know there's a soul in there. Candice has these blank eyes... lipid pools of nothingness that are supposed to be sexy and, are in fact, frighteningly empty.

That and she comes across as a total idiot who couldn't do more than four poses with a gun to her head.