Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Eh. Wouldn't surprise me if there was a grain of truth behind it- it's no secret that VS wants their girls to be skinny skinny. Look at Vita, and how much weight she lost to get cast for the show. 

Maybe she was never outright told to lose weight (not that that doesn't happen in the industry) but I'm sure there was pretty high pressure on her to meet their standards, especially since she was contracted. 

Smart move by Erin cashing in on the body positive hype train now and not when it happened 3 years ago, she can get a shit ton of free positive press for it now compared to 2013.

It would be funnier hearing the Nadine Leopold heartbreaking VS story:

"I was the replacement Erin and I am still very thin and they don't call me"

It wouldn't surprise me if there was some truth behind this too. Look at how skinny their girls are now and how much weight models need to lose in order to be cast in the show. I feel like that emphasis on that stared around 2012/2013 which fits with Erin's departure. 

6 hours ago, ceceshores said:

It wouldn't surprise me if there was some truth behind this too. Look at how skinny their girls are now and how much weight models need to lose in order to be cast in the show. I feel like that emphasis on that stared around 2012/2013 which fits with Erin's departure. 

Also, didn't she gain weight in mid 2013 and was then cut from a commercial. There's probably some truth behind it. Erin was, along with Candice, everywhere in 2012/ 2013 and suddenly they stopped using her.

It's obvious that the models are required to be thinner these days. Which is the reason why Julia Stegner doesn't walk the show anymore.

2 hours ago, star2011 said:

kinda sad she trying to blame a brand and make it look like she's the one that left them! If that was the true why did she walked her last show when she wasn't an angel anymore! 

Because she was contracted to do so. And tbh, I do think it was Erin who left moreso than VS firing her. She was at a Swim Tour mere months before leaving VS.

Also, this story is extremely believable. Need I remind you that 90% of VS's PR is how hard their models worl out for their tight bodies?

^Exactly.  It possible they wanted to resign if she lost weight, and she didn't want to do that, or they offered to resign and she was just done having them police her body and chose to walk away. Or they chose not to sign her again because of her weight- either way, VS is the one creating these standards. 

I don't know how anyone can deny that VS is extremely physically demanding of their girls. See Romee, Vita. Barbara getting dropped in an instant.

1 hour ago, ILUVAdrianaLima said:

^ Lets put it this way, the VS models of the 90's wouldn't have a chance today!

Paraphrasing one of my favorite Cindy Crawford quotes of about a dozen years ago:

"...of course, we'd look like trucks next to them."

For fun, I looked up up a few Zed cards listed in the 1988 Elite modelling agency book:

The first two VS supermodel hires' Dress size.

Jill Goodacre:  Size 8.

Frederique:  Size 8.

VS Angels in the 1990s:

Stephanie Seymour:  Size 6-8.

Karen Mulder:  Size 6-7.

Cindy Crawford was listed as Size 6-7.