Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

What in the actual fuck...

"Capture carbon out of space." 'John was telling me Mars and Venus are 95% carbon, that's a lot of pollution. I told NASA get to work!'

Jill Biden visited the Navajo Nation on Friday and Joe Biden pointed at their delegation and demanded they let Jill come home.

“Let my wife come home! She likes the Navajo Nation too much! She keeps being out there! She’s been out there for two days. She was out there before – I don’t know! You know what I mean?!” Biden said.

Instead of stopping while he was ahead, Joe Biden continued to ramble on about Jill Biden being far away from him.

He continued, “I called her, I said ‘where are you?’ She said ‘I’m staying another day’ – so you know, let her come home, oaky? I don’t want her, you know – that’s too far for me to commute — I, I shouldn’t be so, but anyway, look…”

The Roman Climatic Optimum, was a period of unusually warm weather in Europe and the North Atlantic that ran from approximately 250 BC to AD 400

476-1000AD, a historical period known as the Dark Ages which was commonly considered to be a mini Ice Age.

Just read a fascinating paper on historical global temperature trends.

The Little Ice Age was roughly between the XVI and XIX centuries. Not right after the fall of the Western Roman Empire. And NOT during the "Dark Ages", during which there was actually a Medieval Climate Optimum, roughly between centuries X and XIII.

And both these phenomena were likely not global but rather regional and not happening simultaneously. These affected mostly the North Atlantic and Europe. And also the temperature changes were marginal in contrast to what has been happening in the past century.

And I'm sure these phenomena have been taken into serious consideration by the people studying this.

1660414363_2880px-2000_year_global_temperature_including_Medieval_Warm_Period_and_Little_Ice_Age_-_Ed_Hawkins_svg.thumb.png.e8af2478806a498dca22d29aea752e63.png 1694964593_CapturadePantalla2021-04-24ala(s)12_52_10.thumb.png.15c8c7ce23454c64c0929d51bf9f4ddc.png

March 2021 was the 8th hottest March ever recorded, being 0.85ºC over the XX Century average for that same month. Which makes it 435 consecutive months having global temperature above the normal.

https://www.ncei.noaa.gov/news/global-climate-202103

I mean, it's not like we're hitting new record average temperatures every two or three years... it's not like the polar ice is hitting a new record low every couple of years.

But sure, 100% of the scientific community, who have spent their life studying and working on this, is wrong because some Trump fans on Twitter and Youtube, relying on cherry picking "data" that fits their narrative say so.

4 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

The Little Ice Age was roughly between the XVI and XIX centuries. Not right after the fall of the Western Roman Empire. And NOT during the "Dark Ages", during which there was actually a Medieval Climate Optimum, roughly between centuries X and XIII.

And both these phenomena were likely not global but rather regional and not happening simultaneously. These affected mostly the North Atlantic and Europe. And also the temperature changes were marginal in contrast to what has been happening in the past century.

And I'm sure these phenomena have been taken into serious consideration by the people studying this.

1660414363_2880px-2000_year_global_temperature_including_Medieval_Warm_Period_and_Little_Ice_Age_-_Ed_Hawkins_svg.thumb.png.e8af2478806a498dca22d29aea752e63.png 1694964593_CapturadePantalla2021-04-24ala(s)12_52_10.thumb.png.15c8c7ce23454c64c0929d51bf9f4ddc.png

March 2021 was the 8th hottest March ever recorded, being 0.85ºC over the XX Century average for that same month. Which makes it 435 consecutive months having global temperature above the normal.

https://www.ncei.noaa.gov/news/global-climate-202103

I mean, it's not like we're hitting new record average temperatures every two or three years... it's not like the polar ice is hitting a new record low every couple of years.

But sure, 100% of the scientific community, who have spent their life studying and working on this, is wrong because some Trump fans on Twitter and Youtube, relying on cherry picking "data" that fits their narrative say so.

Um, you guys are talking about clearly different things...

"The Late Antique Little Ice Age was a long-lasting Northern Hemisphere cooling period in the 6th and 7th century AD, during the period known as late antiquity. This period coincides with two to three immense volcanic eruptions in 535/536, 539/540 and 547." The cooling period coincided with the Plague of Justinian, that began in 541

-

So much triggering over something I posted .. ffs this is the reason I don't respond to people very often anymore. Everyone is on the defensive or trying to prove they're right or you are wrong.

2 hours ago, Prettyphile said:

Um, you guys are talking about clearly different things...

"The Late Antique Little Ice Age was a long-lasting Northern Hemisphere cooling period in the 6th and 7th century AD, during the period known as late antiquity. This period coincides with two to three immense volcanic eruptions in 535/536, 539/540 and 547." The cooling period coincided with the Plague of Justinian, that began in 541

Oh, I had no knowledge on this particular Little Ice Age. 

Still that's quite a different and smaller time frame than 476-1000 or "Dark Ages":idk: 

And it's not "triggering" but don't expect much different when there's such blatant science denial going on...

I already stay mostly away from this thread since it has become an eternal political rant.

I don't see why "I believe in climate change" should be any more or less allowed in here than "I don't believe in climate change". :idk:

In any case, it's a non-issue anyway, since no government in the world has any real interest to do something serious about it.

Like all of the pearl-clutching over the Green New Deal, when even the majority of Dems don't support it. It's a non-starter.

AC Odyssey's lore is great, storytelling is great, characters are great, but... the gameplay is too easy. I thought I had a challenge with Arges the Cyclops, but I beat the one-eyed bastard after 2 tries (and I'm on hard difficulty).

Compare that to Darkeater Midir in Dark Souls 3: I don't remember how many times I lost against this monster (and when I finally beat him, the feeling was awesome!). All games should be like that.

AntiqueNextCoral-size_restricted.gif

@Stormbringer

Terrifying A new species of venomous spider is discovered in Miami that looks like a 'small shiny black tarantula' and can live for over 20 YEARS

Scientists have found a new species of spider in Miami that looks like a 'small shiny black tarantula' and has venom that induces painful stings just like a bee.  

The Pine Rockland trapdoor spider (Ummidia richmond) was first found by a zookeeper in the grounds of Zoo Miami in Florida.  

With legs extended, the male is approximately the size of a one pound coin, while the female is estimated to be two to three times larger.

Ummidia is a trapdoor spider – meaning it lives in a burrow with a hinged cover like a trapdoor to hide from predators and snatch unlucky prey. 

The Pine Rockland Trapdoor Spider (Ummidia richmond, pictured) was first found by a zookeeper who was checking reptile research traps in 2012

Spiders of this type can live for decades in the same burrow for their entire life.

The spider genus ummidia was first described by Swedish arachnologist Tamerlan Thorell in 1875. Pictured, Ummidia richmond

The female has a lifespan upwards of 20 years, while the male takes up to seven years to mature before it leaves its burrow to find a mate and dies shortly after.

'The individuals that zoo staff encountered were wandering males,' Dr Godwin said. 

:chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken: