Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

Not worth getting into. He'll have his opinion and we have ours but of course we are wrong and misinformed and he's a fountain of knowledge and right..  I'm just blown away that someone bothered to get involved in a convo that was clearly directed at one person and not a blanketed group of people. I shouldn't have to take convos to PM every single time I want to talk :/ 

I see tons of things posted between two people for which I don't happen to agree with and what do I do? I mind my business.... guess that's just a me thing. :idk:

She's going to be okay. 

And your mom and that situation is the only reason I'm not giving a long drawn out response to Dave. Because while he may have an opinion it's not the only opinion. Nor is it necessarily right. 

When one road is consistently leading to shit only *smart* people keep trudging through it thinking it'll get better. 

I am battling a really bad cold and all this is too long to read so I skimmed :ninja: Let's agree to disagree!  :thumbs_up: This is one of those situations we are probably not going to convince each other that our side is the correct one :no: In fact I think by trying to convince each other we are going to push each other farther into thinking our side is "correct" :/ Instead of accusing each other of being "wrong" maybe we should try to hear each other out and make an effort to understand each other's side. I personally understand where all sides are coming from. As I have said before, understanding does not always mean agreement, but it does give perspective and an understanding of what is  REALLY going on. We all form our views & opinions on personal experience and observations. It is very subjective and individualized. What works for one person might not work for someone else. There are no absolutes. All we can do is do our best and do what works best for us, and let others do the same. As long as we are not endangering each other's lives, infringing on other's rights as human beings, and/or inflicting or causing major distress, it is what it is and we need to figure out how to co-exist in a peaceful manner...

15 minutes ago, PinkCouture said:

I am battling a really bad cold and all this is too long to read so I skimmed :ninja: Let's agree to disagree!  :thumbs_up: This is one of those situations we are probably not going to convince each other that our side is the correct one :no: In fact I think by trying to convince each other we are going to push each other farther into thinking our side is "correct" :/ Instead of accusing each other of being "wrong" maybe we should try to hear each other out and make an effort to understand each other's side. I personally understand where all sides are coming from. As I have said before, understanding does not always mean agreement, but it does give perspective and an understanding of what is  REALLY going on. We all form our views & opinions on personal experience and observations. It is very subjective and individualized. What works for one person might not work for someone else. There are no absolutes. All we can do is do our best and do what works best for us, and let others do the same. As long as we are not endangering each other's lives, infringing on other's rights as human beings, and/or inflicting or causing major distress, it is what it is and we need to figure out how to co-exist in a peaceful manner...

:thumbs_up:

I don't know why but I get stupidly too afected by these acts. ughh. Anyways I've come to the point where I have to cross the road ten times in 5 minutes just to be under the shadow of the trees so I can avoid the sun with how warm it is. It hasn't rained in ages and barely rain in April when it usually rains immensely. This is going to be such a dry year, yikes fucking climate change

2 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

My grandfather is in a coma right now.  90 years old.  :cry2:

I'm so sorry! Is there anything we can do to help?

2 minutes ago, gotportugal said:

I am sure she'll be fine it all and she'll be even better, don't worry! :Angel:

I hope so, fingers crossed. Thank you for your kind words

27 minutes ago, Prettyphile said:

Looks like a stroke and possible heart attack :sad: 

25 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

That sucks!

I hope everything works out for both of you.

1 hour ago, Prettyphile said:

I hope she is ok and feels better soon!!! My grandmother, who raised me, past away from a stroke almost 2 yrs ago so I understand how upsetting and scary this all could be. Please let me know if there is anything I could do to better support you during this difficult time. You & your family are in my thoughts.

1 hour ago, Cult Icon said:

So sorry to hear that!!! Maybe I ask what happened that led to the coma? Please let me know if there is anything I could do to better support you during this difficult time. You & your family are in my thoughts.

5 hours ago, Prettyphile said:

5 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

Thats so terrible. :sad:

I pray for their recovery. My grandpa also suffered  stroke around the age of  90 but recovered well and  went on to live for 6 more years.

Imma just quote Taylor Swift: I would very much like to be excluded from this narrative, one I have never asked to be apart of :ninja: 

@ILUVAdrianaLima I adore you and you already know how I feel about politics and all recent events, I've just come to the point of when I have nothing good to say, I rather not say anything at all, so Imma not say anything about Trump and American politics. 

@Stromboli1 @gotportugal  @PinkCouture @elfstone   Thank you all.  Thank you PC.  PC/Elf, my Grandfather lives with my Uncle ( A General Practitioner) and my highly active grandmother.  He had been declining for about a year for reasons that were attributed to aging.  His medical tests turned out ok.  He had been capable of short walks with a cane until just about a year ago, where he became reliant on more extensive aids (but not to the level of wheelchair).

Last week, his heart stopped all of a sudden in the morning and my uncle revived him by giving CPR.  But it was too late, and he is hooked on the machines. The extent of his brain damage is difficult to determine as of yet, and tests are being performed.   It turns out that he had an undetected stomach tumor that was draining him of vitality.  This dropped his weight to around a 100 in a short period of time.   I live very far away from them so I, sadly, was not able to have much personal contact before he came into a coma.

Naturally, this causes me to reevaluate things.  It's sad as I was going to visit them soon and now may never speak to my grandfather again.  It's important to do the right things for your family and elderly loved ones.  My father, 71 (and is going to retire next year, ) is also at risk of a stroke (he had micro stroke last year but he recovered).  My fear is that he will have a more serious stroke if he's not careful or his drug cocktail proves to not be enough.  (He's had diabetes related problems for years)