Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2009 (POST-SHOW Thread)

PinkCouture

You know...I actually enjoyed it this year. Minus the model search thing - I thought that was pretty stupid. We don't care about some nobody - put in a model that we all know and love (or, at least, that we know, because nobody will ever agree on the lovin'). Some models work so hard to land a job like the VSFS - and some nobody gets to walk in the show 'cause she's tall and busty and entered a competition? Laaame in my opinion. I thought the outfits were cute, with a few exceptions, and please, nobody ever let Anja Rubik do VS again. I think she's gorgeous, but for high fashion, not lingerie. She just doesn't have the body for it. I am not a lover of the PINK segments, but this one was decent. And I loved Abbey's little thing, although I agree - she doesn't have enough of a bum for her bum-wiggle, but it was personality none-the-less, though not over the top, which was nice. :)

Also - I liked the music. I though the choices of music, particularly Sex On Fire, kind of suited the mood.

I finally watched the show (actually just one half of it, but I'll watch other half tomorrow) and I can just repeat most of things you guys have already said :(

A few good lingerie models, interesting things and faces move just too fast, skinny HF girls (still can't believe VS rejected Cintia D), so annoying Model Search, boring Pink segment, some girls were like fell out of nowhere etc etc :(

Disappointing :(

2009 sucked donkey balls, VH Hates it. Anja was to skinny. Abbey annoyed some of us, others wished Adriana was back, Ale didn't have the legs for the pink boots she wore. Zomg bring back KK. Yvette loves Warcraft. Whit currently hates it, Baron makes us laugh. PC gives good avatars and my ass hurts on a number of levels right now.. TA DA! Nu

:rofl: :rofl: :heart:

Ok ok everyone back on their side of the sandbox. Let's just let the opinions drop, and comments, people said what they said. Moving on ok?

BtW Julia S really did look good this year. Gaining a couple of pounds did the world ph good for her. :)

Edited by PinkCouture

Hey - when this kind of thing happens I think WHAT WOULD ADRIANA LIMA DO? I do believe she'd give us one of her oh-so special smiles, maybe point and wiggle her finger a bit, give a BIG :heart: sign, and tell us to just all get on and love each other.

That's what makes her so treasured, and so, so missed from this year's show. I'm sure, had she been there, then NONE of this ugly argument would ever have happened...

Yeah, you know it. Ariesdior, phenobarbie - look deep into your hearts and think about Adriana and her little tiny new baby Jesus and think:

post-11221-0-1446069196-2907_thumb.jpg

WWALD?

Oh Baron you make me giggle! Anyway I think we have all said what we can say about this show. We all seem to be agree on why the she was bad (The model search etc etc.) We all have different opinions about the models which is okay. I hope the show is better next year.

I actually enjoyed it this year. Minus the model search thing - I thought that was pretty stupid.

This is my opinion as well. The model search thing was a major misstep but I thought the quality of the runway segments was better than previous years. If they could take that and translate it into a full-length show, then it would be a good thing.

Most of the "new faces" were all rather nondescript IMO. It pains me to say that Chanel was the only one who really stood out. The rest of them just blended in with the rest of the "nobody" models. The fact that these are the models that VS are banking on to be the future of the brand makes me laugh. Pretty faces, but dreadfully boring and lacking in any kind of star power or charisma. I feel the same way about Doutzen as an angel. She and Miranda did a CBS interview together to promote the show, and Miranda basically took over. Miranda was engaging. Doutzen was barely awake. She seems to show very little enthusiasm towards her role as an angel. It's just more proof that being pretty isn't enough.

I also don't think Alessandra's opening was terrible. Her opening outfit sucked, but when she walked out, I could feel an energy from her. Her walk was very "her" if that makes any sense. It was her normal slow, draggy, bouncy walk, and it worked for her. I actually think this would have been her year to open even if "Saint Adriana" had been there. No angel has ever opened the show three years in a row in recent years, and I can't see her being the one to do it. I think that even VS would have felt it was time to mix it up. At the very least, opening the show is another notch on her angel milestone belt. Even if she never opens again, you can't say that she never has at all. (I say this as someone who can't stand her.)

I actually really like Alessandra's open. Her arms were up but she was strong. It wasnt a big smile all wavies and kisses cutsey thing. She did this nice strong fierce walk. I thought her open was pretty good seeing as how BEP were the main focus. Even though yes that outfit was not great it stood out and therefor served its purpose. My eyes were on BEP but when i saw Ale emerge she had my attention. I thought her entrance was very good for what she had to work with.

I do think that the best models of the show were basically the regulars. Ana BB, Isabeli, Julia S, Candice, Rosie, Miranda and Caroline T.

They were the best out of the show. Their bodies were all perfect and so out of this world for the show. Julia for me was just shocking. I have never seen her that curvy and it suits her so much. You can tell that not working in HF as much has actually done wonders for her. I usually love Caroline W but this year she just looked even skinnier then usual. Her butt was so unpleasant in her outfits. And i think the reason that net outfit is so hideous because it was on her skinny frame. If someone like Candice or Doutzen wore it i think it would look decent cause it works with their curves.

Some of the new faces didnt really do anything for me. Chanel was bleh. She gave something extra and stood out but i dont know. I think if she was a bit more curvier she would be perfect. I thought Eniko did really well. And i actually liked her outfit. It was cool. My sis who knows nothing about VS and is 26 said WOW when she saw it. Lyndsey S was really good too. She looked cute and didnt overdo with kissing. She just walked down and gave a graceful pose. Elyse was hot i wish she had another look cause the one they gave her was pretty bad. Especially cause she has such an amazing body.

Other then that no one stood out for me. I was dissapointed in the fact we saw nothing of the Angels Behind the Scenes or stuff. Other then them in the Model Search videos which wasnt even about them.

We all HOPE to see a VSFS that is primarily runway footage. But that just isnt gonna happen. IMO of the however million viewers they got, most people dont care which models or even know who the models are. They just watch it. A mainstream artist like BEP and a model search are ways to keep people attention. Judging by the ratings it kinda worked didnt it?

To me Ale's opening was the worst out of all the shows I have seen. Of course she got my attention when she came out but that was mostly because her outfit was bright pink and orange. She had an ok walk but she played with the wing dangly things to much. I don't want her opening another show but thats just me. I love Behati but I hardly remember her in the show. I do blame VS for this. She only had one outfit and barely any backstage time. I don't get why VS thinks that Behati can only handle the Pink segment. VS give her another outfit.

The VSFS won't be the same again just because we get used to see Tyra, Heidi, Gisele, Adriana, Alessandra and Karolina walking together... I know some of you love more models but when i think of VS those models come to my mind.. not the new ones

Of course there are some new and old models who fits great... (IMO: Candice, Rosie, Ana BB, Isabeli, Izabel)

:wave:

I know many of you have been following VSFS for a few years like me since 2001. Here's somethings to think about.

I think some people get so caught up in the "HYPE" before the show; that when the VSFS is finally shown, the show did not meet their expectations.

In 2001, 2002 and 2003 there was a lot of focus on the models being interviewed and lots of backstage preparation. People in the Forums and others said that was boring, the show needs to change. So VS changed themes in the shows and tried to make it different each year.

With all this Reality TV and contests on today's TV, VS came up with a new model competition to walk in the VSFS. It was a good idea but it consumed too much of the time we as BZers want dedicated to the runway and backstage.

In my opinion, that was what was wrong with the show.

I'll go no further for fear of rambling........ :laugh: ............ :lost:

I totally get what your saying azkid. I think thats why 05 was prob the best show. Cause it meshed in this big production show, great music, great outfits, good models with personality. It wasnt a snooze fest like some of the past ones. Good backstage segments etc. If you think 2001-2003 people think its just plain. Kinda boring except 03 it was awesome. Then you have 05 at its best. Then 06-09 they try to be too ambitious and when you overwork something it just doesnt look good. They need to be simple but sexy. I think 06 was the best of both worlds they had. The HF aspect mixed with the actual show and fun side to it. If they just made it like that this show could have been fantastic.

The general thing between us all is that the runway stuff was good. So, so music but the runway moments have been much better then the past two years. Only problem was the quickness of it so they can fit the model search. I get what they were doing they just did it wrong.