Jump to content
Bellazon

Genevieve Morton
Thumbnail


burti35
 Share

Recommended Posts

Knowing how big of a Genevieve fan @jj3 is, and being aware he has conversed with her on social media (it's out there on twitter if you care to dig into it), I give him the benefit of the doubt unless something comes up that suggests that the Genevieve that posted on here is not, in fact, Genevieve

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So after looking at the Facebook video Genevieve posted about her frustration I will admit I'm not so sure the poster here is a fake anymore, although I'm not entirely convinced it is her either.  However, I'm a big enough man to admit if I'm wrong and the evidence may be pointing that way.

 

Saying that, I think Genevieve is way off base here based on what she said on Facebook.  I definitely understand the frustrations artists have with their work being distributed on websites, which cuts into their compensation, but that's the double edged sword that exists because of the internet and fighting it isn't going to change reality.  Instead of being angry that she's not selling as many calendars as she expected, she should be looking at this as great marketing and exposure for her brand.  If she and her agent/manager use the trending metrics, that are publicly available, to paint the right picture it can help her get other modeling contracts that are guaranteed pay days.  All industries and businesses, and a model is a businesses unto herself, need to embrace the modern world we live in and accept the realities of doing business in this world.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Bloodshot said:

So after looking at the Facebook video Genevieve posted about her frustration I will admit I'm not so sure the poster here is a fake anymore, although I'm not entirely convinced it is her either.  However, I'm a big enough man to admit if I'm wrong and the evidence may be pointing that way.

 

Saying that, I think Genevieve is way off base here based on what she said on Facebook.  I definitely understand the frustrations artists have with their work being distributed on websites, which cuts into their compensation, but that's the double edged sword that exists because of the internet and fighting it isn't going to change reality.  Instead of being angry that she's not selling as many calendars as she expected, she should be looking at this as great marketing and exposure for her brand.  If she and her agent/manager use the trending metrics, that are publicly available, to paint the right picture it can help her get other modeling contracts that are guaranteed pay days.  All industries and businesses, and a model is a businesses unto herself, need to embrace the modern world we live in and accept the realities of doing business in this world.

 

 

Finally a serious answer about this thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i'm sorry for probably sounding dumb right now,but does this mean that we should stop posting pics of her in this thread?

i know that calendar is hers and i understand what happened,but posting pics from magazines or websites is basically the same..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, wrx21 said:

i'm sorry for probably sounding dumb right now,but does this mean that we should stop posting pics of her in this thread?

i know that calendar is hers and i understand what happened,but posting pics from magazines or websites is basically the same..

That's a good question... basically all the instagram/twitter picture posted directly from her or other model are free, but when comes from magazines or photographer are protected by copyright or other, I repeat good question...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/30/2017 at 7:53 PM, Bloodshot said:

 

I have the deed for the Golden Gate Bridge too, would you like to buy it?  Seriously, I'm completely floored by the level of gullibility on here.

Funny. But seriously, @jj3 has been her biggest fan on BZ, not to mention has been in touch with her on other media. Like for years. Could it be a troll? Sure. But I think it's legit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On November 29, 2017 at 2:01 PM, genevievemorton said:

No do not take pictures with you our phone. I do not want the images online. If you want to see them you can buy one like everyone else. 

 

Gen,

 

I bought your calendar last year to support you, even knowing the pictures would show up online later.  You were brave to do the calendar and it was art.  I hope you understand many supported you because you did the calendar, not just to get the images.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bloodshot said:

 

You're denying reality here.  The pictures from both calendars are all over the Internet, it really has nothing to do with this site.  The music industry tried to fight digital distribution of its content and lost that battle badly.  The movie/tv industry has been more successful because they created streaming platforms, but still fight a large amount of piracy.  Anyone who thinks that content won't get online at some point, if not very quickly after it's being released, is just fooling themselves.

 

 

I'm not denying reality. The first four words I wrote are 'It is a reality'. Nor did I say it's all this site's fault.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bloodshot said:

 

You're denying reality here.  The pictures from both calendars are all over the Internet, it really has nothing to do with this site.  The music industry tried to fight digital distribution of its content and lost that battle badly.  The movie/tv industry has been more successful because they created streaming platforms, but still fight a large amount of piracy.  Anyone who thinks that content won't get online at some point, if not very quickly after it's being released, is just fooling themselves.

 

+ 1,000,000

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...