Jump to content
Bellazon

Genevieve Morton
Thumbnail


burti35
 Share

Recommended Posts

So I want to speak up. I'm the one who originally took phone pictures. The truth is I didn't think about it when I was doing it. Perhaps I was not thinking. Perhaps it's because in this age of celebrity it is very easy to assume fans are just dollar bills. Look at other famous names and how they say nice things about their fans but just don't really care.

 

That sounds like an excuse. Probably a horrible one. I was genuinely upset that this spiraled out of control. It is true that with the internet these things happen. That does NOT make it okay. I'm NOT okay with it because as a fan I did not intend for any of that. My actions were stupid and thoughtless. I am not so crass or selfish as to hold any ground. I removed my scans, even though the damage is done.

 

I don't think the people being ignorant to you are representative of your true fan base, Genevieve. Nor was what I did becoming of me as a fan, and unfortunately I'll have to feel like a jackass for upsetting someone I have been a fan of for years.

 

I would hope for all of this to be a lesson learned, for me it is. Genevieve is real - she cares about her fans enough to actually fight for those who aren't going to be foolish. That is why I removed my original posting and why I hope others take heed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I sympathize with Gen and feel shes in the right here but this seems like an unfixable problem tbh. Its 2017, people are gonna A) want things for free and B) assist others in getting things for free. Its hard for some people (especially younger people I think, who probably havent known a world without free easy access to everything) to realize that posting photos like these from an independent venture is not the same thing as posting some big studio movie, even though the process is similar.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

First, Genevieve is absuletely right when it comes the law and morale side. It is also fully understandable she is upset and feels betrayed. There is not even a "but", both law and morale are pretty cleancut here almost all over the world. Though it is to be expected any published work will end on the internet in one way of the other nowadays, it might be especially hurting the pictures were released here, in a fan and more serious forum. Also the way of publishing has an effect, the more you are personally involved, the more you care and want to keep control (compare self-publishing to external publishing, where you have to sell the rights anyway). I hope the apology and takedown will help mending some damage.

 

If it helps anything, the reception of the work was very positive and releasing the photos does not mean necessarily less sales on the calendar (it is a whole different thing at least for me to have a physical calendar i can actually walk by every day or some photos in the computer).

 

@Bloodshot: It does not matter,, if it is Genevieve, some representative or even a troll. If you saw any interview and look how last years calendar and treats release was handled, you can assume how she would react. Balto88 did the right thing in removing.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lasveranza said:

First, Genevieve is absuletely right when it comes the law and morale side. It is also fully understandable she is upset and feels betrayed. There is not even a "but", both law and morale are pretty cleancut here almost all over the world. Though it is to be expected any published work will end on the internet in one way of the other nowadays, it might be especially hurting the pictures were released here, in a fan and more serious forum. Also the way of publishing has an effect, the more you are personally involved, the more you care and want to keep control (compare self-publishing to external publishing, where you have to sell the rights anyway). I hope the apology and takedown will help mending some damage.

 

If it helps anything, the reception of the work was very positive and releasing the photos does not mean necessarily less sales on the calendar (it is a whole different thing at least for me to have a physical calendar i can actually walk by every day or some photos in the computer).

 

@Bloodshot: It does not matter,, if it is Genevieve, some representative or even a troll. If you saw any interview and look how last years calendar and treats release was handled, you can assume how she would react. Balto88 did the right thing in removing.

 

How was last years treats release handled?? And does anybody have the live stream of her that she did talking about all this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow, this escalated quickly didn't it?

 

Here's the thing...we've gotten so used to having everything anyone ever does posted to the internet with no consequences that we've gotten spoiled.  I am in my mid 40's and thus can remember the days before the internet, when ANY calendar/pinup photo one could get their hands on was like gold.  Now, one google search and you can get almost anything you want.

 

I think because so few models/companies put up any kind of a fight over this that we're taken aback when someone DOES say "whoa, wait, this isn't right. I want control over this".  It's tough to do in this internet age, where one leak means an image can be anywhere in seconds.

 

While I of course welcome any image/video of the lovely @genevievemorton I can view, I do not blame her for wanting to maintain some control of how her work is distributed.  And I do hope no one holds her in lower esteem for the stand she has taken.  It is her right to do so.  And there is certainly plenty of other material of her out there for us to view and appreciate 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, effyja2012 said:

Wow, this escalated quickly didn't it?

 

Here's the thing...we've gotten so used to having everything anyone ever does posted to the internet with no consequences that we've gotten spoiled.  I am in my mid 40's and thus can remember the days before the internet, when ANY calendar/pinup photo one could get their hands on was like gold.  Now, one google search and you can get almost anything you want.

 

I think because so few models/companies put up any kind of a fight over this that we're taken aback when someone DOES say "whoa, wait, this isn't right. I want control over this".  It's tough to do in this internet age, where one leak means an image can be anywhere in seconds.

 

While I of course welcome any image/video of the lovely @genevievemorton I can view, I do not blame her for wanting to maintain some control of how her work is distributed.  And I do hope no one holds her in lower esteem for the stand she has taken.  It is her right to do so.  And there is certainly plenty of other material of her out there for us to view and appreciate 

 

This is exactly what I was trying to point out earlier - admittedly typing on the phone while sleep deprived isn't always the best idea. But yeah. This is an age where everyone feels entitled. I would argue that's why I did it - I wasn't thinking of the ramifications.

 

@genevievemorton deserves far more respect than what my initial actions showed, and far more respect than what some of the folks here have showed - because ultimately if you are a fan of her, you will respect her wishes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@CVHELMS: It should be somewhere around this thread and page 227+. The interview i think i was referring is from 2017 and should be viewable on youtube. Also you could notice it from the way the calendars were marketed and published.

 

@effyja2012: Yes, i wanted to express something similar, but you used nicer words :smile:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Balto88 said:

 

This is exactly what I was trying to point out earlier - admittedly typing on the phone while sleep deprived isn't always the best idea. But yeah. This is an age where everyone feels entitled. I would argue that's why I did it - I wasn't thinking of the ramifications.

 

@genevievemorton deserves far more respect than what my initial actions showed, and far more respect than what some of the folks here have showed - because ultimately if you are a fan of her, you will respect her wishes.

 

Yeah I actually read your post after I made mine.. probably not the order that should have been done lol.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Lasveranza said:

 

@Bloodshot: It does not matter,, if it is Genevieve, some representative or even a troll. If you saw any interview and look how last years calendar and treats release was handled, you can assume how she would react. Balto88 did the right thing in removing.

 

 

It was really her, trust my 26,352 posts on this forum. And my 11K of Tweets.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Bloodshot said:

Um, you guys do know you're being trolled right?  If you believe that's Genevieve I have a bridge to sell you too...

Here's the thing: It sounds very much like @genevievemorton to me, and if @jj3 says it is Genevieve, I believe it is Genevieve. She has my deep respect, and as a longtime fan, I wish her nothing but success. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, BAGGOT said:

Here's the thing: It sounds very much like @genevievemorton to me, and if @jj3 says it is Genevieve, I believe it is Genevieve. She has my deep respect, and as a longtime fan, I wish her nothing but success. 

 

What do you guys want to bet it's not her?  There is zero chance that a model at her level is going to come on this site and start ranting like that.  Come on guys, think about.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Bloodshot said:

 

What do you guys want to bet it's not her?  There is zero chance that a model at her level is going to come on this site and start ranting like that.  Come on guys, think about.

 

Yep, i want to bet, i always need money :rofl:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...