Bellazon

Food

Joe > Average

22 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

Yeah I have that- I like it but it's a ton of calories for what is supposed to be a diet meal.

Olive oil has calories, yes, but it's good nutrients (omega 3). Good for your health, it helps you to regenerate your body and it makes the meal happier. You don't have to make privations. With half a tablespoon of olive oil, you have only 40 kcal and you can make a meal a lot happier.

Useless calories are typically "processed" calories in the dips from Mc-thingy (they're like sugar and fat bombs, with no taste).

If you really want a dressing with low calories, tomato sauce is good (no the industrial one thoug, there are tons of added sugar in it)

25 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

Olive oil has calories, yes, but it's good nutrients (omega 3). Good for your health, it helps you to regenerate your body and it makes the meal happier. You don't have to make privations. With half a tablespoon of olive oil, you have only 40 kcal and you can make a meal a lot happier.

Useless calories are typically "processed" calories in the dips from Mc-thingy (they're like sugar and fat bombs, with no taste).

If you really want a dressing with low calories, tomato sauce is good (no the industrial one thoug, there are tons of added sugar in it)

Thank you..

I do understand that- however a diet meal that I use (350 calories) needs about two tablespoons of olive oil or other fat based dressing- this can easily be up to 200 more calories and without much more satiation.  I was thinking more in terms of spices.  I've tried some spices but they didn't taste better than soy sauce. (0 calories)

1 minute ago, Cult Icon said:

Thank you..

I do understand that- however a diet meal that I use (350 calories) needs about two tablespoons of olive oil or other fat based dressing- this can easily be up to 200 more calories and without much more satiation.  I was thinking more in terms of spices.  I've tried some spices but they didn't taste better than soy sauce. (0 calories)

350 kcal: that's very low. Other ideas for dressings with broccoli: garlic (low calories and good nutrients), rosemary or thyme.

Spices are good in dips (typically dips based on fresh cream), but spices on the vegetable just like that are not so good I think.

I love "piment d'espelette" (that's a great spice), but I use it with broccoli in quiches (with cream, cheese, bacon, eggs to wich I add salad or spinach), not really low calorie.

11 minutes ago, Stromboli1 said:

You guys are worried about the calories of fast food, the insane amount of sodium in fast food will kill you first.

I'm not worried about calories, the video says the opposite: calories don't matter that much, what matters is what you eat (and processed food is crap, processed sugar is super crap)

I eat a lot of duck fat,salmon, olive oil, cheese (all types of cheese)... Those things have a lot of calories, but they're better for your health than Mc-Thingy (you know, the evil Ronnie guy with red lipstick), because of processed food.

Good

Processed and fast food have crazy amounts of sodium in them, not good for you at all.

McDonald's and other fast food establishments were a lot better in the 50s before they went cheap on ingredients, quality, and synthesized products.

What is not well known is that Chinese takeout/chinese fast food is just as bad as American, if not worse.   The vegetables are deceptive.  The always present "General Tso's Chicken" is a nutritional disaster- you're talking about a 1500, 2000 calorie meal here:

b4fadd7f-64df-40d0-9ab2-bd9d5581a982.jpg

On 8/4/2018 at 6:24 PM, Enrico_sw said:

I'm not worried about calories, the video says the opposite: calories don't matter that much, what matters is what you eat (and processed food is crap, processed sugar is super crap)

You are probably naturally thin?  I am naturally an husky, overweight guy that used strict calorie control to be thin.  When I around 13 years old I was a chubby kid and I ballooned to 180 lbs while eating fairly normal sized meals.  This is when I knew..

I listened to this video and it discusses the hormonal aspects of weight loss.  I know a little about it as well but find it hazy.  It seems that only a nutritionist or someone who knows a lot about the subject can tailor fit a diet plan for themselves to incooperate the hormonal aspects.  

I know from the bodybuilders and personal contacts that the key to low bodyfat is to eat Zero! sugars.  They have low carb diets and get most of their energy from protein and good fats.  They get most of their carbs from vegetables or low GI carb sources like sweet potatoes, oat meal, and brown rice.  However that's no way to live.. :( 

The hormonal POV says that basically if you are eating high fructose corn syrup, the excess of that stuff goes directly into your fat cells rather than your muscles...

On 8/7/2018 at 12:56 AM, Cult Icon said:

I know from the bodybuilders and personal contacts that the key to low bodyfat is to eat Zero! sugars.  They have low carb diets and get most of their energy from protein and good fats.  They get most of their carbs from vegetables or low GI carb sources like sweet potatoes, oat meal, and brown rice.  However that's no way to live.. :(

You can have deserts and stay thin, if and only if:

a) you drive out the dishes with hidden sugar (the food is as good and even better without these hidden sugars)

b) your deserts are not too "industrial/processed"; for example if they have fruits (they're good for the digestion with their fibers), like a pear & chocolate pie for example!

On 8/7/2018 at 12:56 AM, Cult Icon said:

You are probably naturally thin?  I am naturally an husky, overweight guy that used strict calorie control to be thin.  When I around 13 years old I was a chubby kid and I ballooned to 180 lbs while eating fairly normal sized meals.  This is when I knew..

On the bright side: when I looked for the meaning of "husky" (in French, Husky is the name of a dog :laugh:), I found this:

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/sex-love/news/a39713/the-sexiest-things-about-husky-guys/

You're probably naturally thin.   I envy people that can eat alot and not gain fat.  It makes life more enjoyable..Thin women have noticed that I eat much less than them despite being bigger than them...

Yeah, Chris Pratt and I probably have similar genetics in terms of weight distribution.  His overall physical look has some similarities.  

@ the article, female media writers like to pretend that they understand how men think.....

• 2 weeks later...

I went to "Mighty Quinn" for the first time and this is how fast food should be.  It's a fast food BBQ/smoked meat chain but the quality is good.  IMHO if they manage to bring down the prices to around $9 then it could compete- hopefully it or some similar chain will blow up like Chitpotle's.  :

C36qGiUWcAAWojz.jpg

I had the rice bowl ($11) with burnt ends.  Kale salad, sun dried tomatoes, baked beans, and jasmine rice with a spicy base.  IT was good:

A4dtrz3n_t.png

• 2 weeks later...