Bellazon

Food

Joe > Average

Trying my hand at carnitas. :chicken::chicken::chicken:

One picture with the dry spices and one with juice from 2 oranges and limes, then some Mexican coke. Supposedly the Mexican coke adds a lot of flavor. :idk:I'll shred the meat in 5 hours and put it in the oven to crisp up the meat. :chicken:

20180704_104050.thumb.jpg.ff2f6238e42b86f0958f1ec6f01d2da5.jpg20180704_110257.thumb.jpg.8601720a1300933d9e80a93a7b76a8d1.jpg

On 7/4/2018 at 6:18 PM, Stromboli1 said:

Trying my hand at carnitas. :chicken::chicken::chicken:

I had never heard of these carnitas before. I understand it's made by simmering pork in oil and lard for hours. That looks good; how was it?

-----

Do you know this:

i31728-recette-de-petit-sale-aux-lentill

It's a French recipe called "petit salé aux lentilles". It's pork, sausages and lentils that are mixed togehter with herbs (like a stew). Really yummy.

The carnitas weren't that good imo, it was missing something. :idk:  I'm sure the carnitas would've been way better if smoked low & slow for 12 hours. :chicken::chicken::chicken:

Haven't heard of petit salé aux lentilles, but it looks good. :chicken:

Marcel Proust:

I raised to my lips a spoonful of the tea in which I had soaked a morsel of the cake. No sooner had the warm liquid mixed with the crumbs touched my palate than a shudder ran through me and I stopped, intent upon the extraordinary thing that was happening to me.

An exquisite pleasure had invaded my senses, something isolated, detached, with no suggestion of its origin. And at once the vicissitudes of life had become indifferent to me, its disasters innocuous, its brevity illusory—this new sensation having had on me the effect which love has of filling me with a precious essence; or rather this essence was not in me, it was me. I had ceased now to feel mediocre, contingent, mortal.3

1 hour ago, Cult Icon said:

does anyone here eat the Lobster Roe (Eggs-red part) and the Tomalley (green part)?  Last week I had a two-pounder and 8 clams 

@Enrico_sw

Yes, I eat the lobster roe, though my favorite roe is salmon's! There are many recipies for salmon roe, but it's so good I can eat it just like that, without preparation.

Clams are really good. I love them with pasta (linguine or spaghetti "alle vongole"); like this: garlic, parsley, tomato, white wine and (a lot of) olive oil.

23 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

Yes, I eat the lobster roe, though my favorite roe is salmon's! There are many recipies for salmon roe, but it's so good I can eat it just like that, without preparation.

Clams are really good. I love them with pasta (linguine or spaghetti "alle vongole"); like this: garlic, parsley, tomato, white wine and (a lot of) olive oil.

Yes, salmon roe is terrific.  They are especially good when pan-fried.  

I actually don't like clam bellies very much.   The strips are good but octopus and squid is better.

People either like or hate the green from what I've seen.  It's supposed to be not entirely safe to eat as if the Lobster is around pollutants, they can get into its digestive system.  I find the green way too strong and rich, and also find it a little gross.

• 2 weeks later...

this is my diet meal.  It is, by far, the most commonly eaten meal by me:

Rotisserie chicken and broccoli.  (1 cup chicken, 1 cup broccoli, seasoned with soy sauce)

I have chicken coming out of ears at this point...

slide_42_rotisserie_chicken_broccoli_pes

ate a Lobster roll recently

1371585601130.jpeg

1 minute ago, Cult Icon said:

this is my diet meal.  It is, by far, the most commonly eaten meal by me:

slide_42_rotisserie_chicken_broccoli_pes

You just eat steamed broccoli? Broccoli are sad when they are alone. If you want a piece of advice, you can do them in a quiche with bacon, cream and eggs (and you can add mozzarella). If you use the right doses, it's as healthy (and much better)

https://www.lesfruitsetlegumesfrais.com/en-cuisine/recettes/quiche-au-brocoli-chevre-et-lardons-fumes

Or you can at least add olivie oil on it (olive oil is healthy fat).

22 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

You just eat steamed broccoli? Broccoli are sad when they are alone. If you want a piece of advice, you can do them in a quiche with bacon, cream and eggs (and you can add mozzarella). If you use the right doses, it's as healthy (and much better)

https://www.lesfruitsetlegumesfrais.com/en-cuisine/recettes/quiche-au-brocoli-chevre-et-lardons-fumes

Or you can at least add olivie oil on it (olive oil is healthy fat).

No, frozen..I've been eating this meal for about 8 years, 1-2 times a day.  

These are my diet meals, they're not meant to have any fats added. do you know of zero calorie or very low calorie seasoning I could use?

On 7/30/2018 at 12:43 AM, Cult Icon said:

No, frozen..I've been eating this meal for about 8 years, 1-2 times a day.  

These are my diet meals, they're not meant to have any fats added. do you know of zero calorie or very low calorie seasoning I could use?

Vinaigrette (olive oil, vinegar, mustard) is great. There's some fat in eat, but you don't need big quantities to make the food taste good (and olive oil is good fat)

On 7/30/2018 at 6:53 PM, Enrico_sw said:

Vinaigrette (olive oil, vinegar, mustard) is great. There's some fat in eat, but you don't need big quantities to make the food taste good (and olive oil is good fat)

Yeah I have that- I like it but it's a ton of calories for what is supposed to be a diet meal.

I ate a double quarter pounder from McDonalds- the new, so called "fresh beef"

24-mcdonalds-fresh-beef-quarter-pounder.

Hot and flavorless- At 770 calories,  I hardly remember what I just ate... I don't recommend it.

It looks like McDonalds has dramatically changed their pricing with a meal at $11-14 dollars...The last time I went it was up to $9 for a meal.