Bellazon

Food

Joe > Average

@Enrico_sw

Fast food and fast casual food are different. Fast casual is a step up in food quality compared to fast food. Fast casual still isn't homemade and made from scratch food.

Sure you can get crap at some fast casual chains, but the quality of the food is better. Also you can eat decently healthy at some fast casual chains.

If you thought fast food was bad, you need to check out America's shitty restaurant food chains. Some don't even cook the food, they just warm it up on a conveyor belt broiler.

I do agree that America needs a total food revolution from farm to plate, but don't know if the economics part of it will work for America.

1 minute ago, Stromboli1 said:

Corporations are involved in all aspects of American food except if you grown your own food which in some cases the seeds are even genetically modified. Also the American food industry is closely tied to the economy.

Maybe automation will help in the future with the money saved can be reinvested back into the quality of the product. Surveys says that they'll probably go with maximizing profits over quality.

Yeah, and that scares the shit out of me.

France (via the EU) is part of an agreement called CETA (Europe-Canada), because Justin Trudeau is such an amaaaazing guy, so progressssive:rolleyes:. But this agreement means that our farmers (who try to produce quality food that's inevitably more expensive) will be crushed by Canadian chlorine chicken, GMOs, hormone meat and so on.

What's "funny" is that this CETA is supported by PC guys who say they're environmentaly friendly, while they promote agreements that foster maritime traffic (=CO2) :banghead:

The American food culture is out of balance too. Meaning that we don't get time to enjoy food on time limited breaks.

It's very hard to work, cook, and do other chores while still allowing for training and mental sanity by yourself without kids . Imagine adding kids to the mix.

10 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

Yeah, and that scares the shit out of me.

France (via the EU) is part of an agreement called CETA (Europe-Canada), because Justin Trudeau is such an amaaaazing guy, so progressssive:rolleyes:. But this agreement means that our farmers (who try to produce quality food that's inevitably more expensive) will be crushed by Canadian chlorine chicken, GMOs, hormone meat and so on.

What's "funny" is that this CETA is supported by PC guys who say they're environmentaly friendly, while they promote agreements that foster maritime traffic (=CO2) :banghead:

Italy, Greece, and United Kingdom would like to welcome France into the EU fucking over club

What do you guys thnk of Prime Rib?

I've never really liked it even though it isn't a cheap cut of beef.  Something about the fat distribution. flavor, and the moistness just doesn't do it for me.  Rare prime rib is gross to me.

46434252_10217683433414902_6590265387407

8 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

I've never really liked it even though it isn't a cheap cut of beef.  Something about the fat distribution. flavor, and the moistness just doesn't do it for me.  Rare prime rib is gross to me.

46434252_10217683433414902_6590265387407

Not really a fan of prime rib. I'd rather have other cuts of beef.

13 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

It is alright enough. I don’t like it rare or with horseradish (I just don’t like it). 

When done right, it can’t be beat. Every few years my brother buys a buys a rib roast and makes it delicious. 

Anyway, it isn’t something I seek out on a menu when we go out. 

Garlic, salt, pepper, olive oil, soy sauce, fresh citrus juice, and sliced chili peppers if you want some heat.

You have to prep the meat besides all that stuff. Wash, tenderize, marinade over night in the refrigerator, and leave the meat out for an hour before you grill it.

For really juicy meat grill on each side for 3-5 minutes depending on thickness and finish off in a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes.