Bellazon

Food

Joe > Average

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

I learned to make bread :chicken: :chicken: 

Looks really good. What kind of oven did you use? It looks like you used baker's yeast (that's the most important ingredient:bounce:)

We would have to taste it to really tell you if it's good! :bounce: IMHO, a real good bread is a one with a crusty crust and a tender crumb.

1 minute ago, Enrico_sw said:

Looks really good. What kind of oven did you use? It looks like you used baker's yeast (that's the most important ingredient:bounce:)

We would have to taste it to really tell you if it's good! :bounce: IMHO, a real good bread is a one with a crusty crust and a tender crumb.

I used a regular gas oven for it.

And yes! I used baker's yeast: active dry.

It was reeeeally good for being my first try but of course there's still much to improve. The crust was crusty but maybe a bit too much, though the crumb was tender. I'll try baking it at a somewhat lower temperature next time.

I followed Richard Bertinet's recipe :chicken: 

^ Have you tried to add walnuts? It's really good. When you're used to making bread, there are lots of variants :bounce: Bread with green olives is also really good (but you need a different recipe for the bread - the crust needs to be thinner in that case)

Anyway, it's a great hobby to make your bread.

9 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

^ Have you tried to add walnuts? It's really good. When you're used to making bread, there are lots of variants :bounce: Bread with green olives is also really good (but you need a different recipe for the bread - the crust needs to be thinner in that case)

Anyway, it's a great hobby to make your bread.

No, I haven't yet. I may try different variants and adding different things in the future but first I want to get a better grasp of the basics.

Yes! I had quite some fun making it and I was so happy with the final result :chicken: 

5 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

No, I haven't yet. I may try different variants and adding different things in the future but first I want to get a better grasp of the basics.

Yes! I had quite some fun making it and I was so happy with the final result :chicken: 

Congrats!! I haven’t really ventured into bread making yet, how difficult was it?