Bellazon

Food

Joe > Average

I had a slice of "jiggly cheesecake" for the first time.  I liked it but didn't find it all that special.  It tastes more like a moist yellow cake than a cheesecake.  The flavor profile, like most Japanese cakes, is lite.  The top part is the most like a normal cheesecake, but is very lite in texture/flavor.

large.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I had a double BBQ Smashburger for the first time in about 8-9 years (the last time I visited this fast food joint).  It seems that Smashburger had seen significant changes since then and the menu got massively simplified.  The burgers were also not as crispy (smashed) and well done like I recall and the burger I got had patties that were grilled conventionally.

My review:  Overall, ***1/2 out of *****.  It's a decent burger that compares similarly to those acquired at mediocre restaurants and places like Shake-Shack and Five Guys.  The texture was good but the flavor was somewhat lacking.  The patties didn't have much taste by themselves.   I felt that it could have had more spice and sauce.  The patties were also extremely greasy and it was probably due to a combination of the cheddar and the use of a lot of butter.  Not sure how big the patties were but my guess is 1/4 pounder each, cut as wide as possible and inserted in a small roll (the correct  method).  Burger had 1,040 calories. At $8. 33 for the burger only it was at a fair but not low price.  I don't think I'll ever go again unless circumstances force my hand.

The old smashburger memory I had was of a better burger.

SmashBurger-Pictures-1024x690.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2019 at 12:33 AM, CandleVixen said:

It depends on how the other chains are in the area, as well as local mom and pops. 

I am used to Pizza places run by Italians so Pizza Hut doesn't compare well...!

Image result for joe's pizza  The pan pizza was totally not fresh and the dough was probably frozen.

Five Guys gives a ridiculous amount of above-average (but not outstanding) and oversalted fries- the medium fries alone has at least 1,000 calories and can fill someone up in one sitting.  The large fries is twice the size of the "medium" in my experience (not the 1,310 calories claimed on the menu) and can be shared with 4 people.  The Cajun ones are much better than the regular:

Image result for five guys fries large

On 7/14/2019 at 10:57 PM, Cult Icon said:

Pizza hut is terrible

12 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

Five Guys gives a ridiculous amount of above-average (but not outstanding) and oversalted fries- the medium fries alone has at least 1,000 calories and can fill someone up in one sitting.  The large fries is twice the size of the "medium" in my experience (not the 1,310 calories claimed on the menu) and can be shared with 4 people.  The Cajun ones are much better than the regular:

What the fuck are you eating this crap for if you live in the Tri-State area (assuming)? You have all different types of ethnic restaurants, bakeries, shops, etc at your fingertips that are higher and healthier in food quality than chain food shit. I know it probably costs a little more and has slower service, but you don't feel like dog shit after you eat it though.