Bellazon

Food

Joe > Average

3 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

guys what's your favorite hot sauce/spice?  I am looking for more condiments.  

I like Torchy's diablo sauce. As for a spice it's cayenne pepper.

I'm really not a fan of hot sauces for their taste, just the heat. I'd rather put grilled, sauteed, smoked, or raw chili peppers on my food than hot sauce.

Probably can make a better hot sauce on your own than buying them.

^ Thanks I have never tried Torchy's.

I'm looking for something to put on these bland meat & vege meals (i don't even eat them with any rice or carbs).  I try to eat them plain but I get sick of it increasingly often now that I throw out the skins.  I currently use some shallot sauces and Frank's hot sauce which is rather mild & doesn't have lingering heat. I am not looking for BBQ sauce or anything high in calories.  :

chicken-stir-fry-meal-prep-11-700x669.jp

29 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

^ Thanks I have never tried Torchy's.

I'm looking for something to put on these bland meat & vege meals (i don't even eat them with any rice or carbs).  I try to eat them plain but I get sick of it increasingly often now that I throw out the skins.  I currently use some shallot sauces and Frank's hot sauce which is rather mild & doesn't have lingering heat. I am not looking for BBQ sauce or anything high in calories.  :

chicken-stir-fry-meal-prep-11-700x669.jp

I assume those are premade?

10 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

Sort of.  I buy pre-cooked meats and then combine them with vegetables and use this a basic microwaveable meal.

There's the problems. You have to cooked the meat yourself that way you can marinade or season to your liking and sautee your vegetables.

If you don't want to do those; try a spicy balsamic glaze, sweet & spicy, and sweet & sour sauces that are homemade.

On 8/11/2019 at 8:38 PM, Cult Icon said:

^That's pretty much what the meal I was talking about is composed of - I eat the same thing

The difference then is mine is homemade and pretty much that is the best version for you. By that I mean you can season everything to your liking and it doesn't have all the other crap like preservatives.

8 hours ago, CandleVixen said:

They look yum.

How do you store and reheat any leftovers? 

I just put the meat in a plastic bag in the refrigerator. To reheat the meat without drying it out is to slice it thin and put a paper towel over the plate that has been soaked with hot water. If you have more time use the oven set at 300 degrees for 20-30 minutes.

I always use water in different ways to reheat things like rice, tortillas, quinoa, etc.

Pasta is hard to reheat if it already has sauce on it. All you do is need more sauce to reheat it.

6 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

I don't even know what a welfare burger looks like, it sounds like one of those disgusting chinese hamburgers:rofl::

The one Eddie Murphy is talking about is a homemade burger that is from the monthly food allowances from welfare. It’s usually a hand made patty salted and pan fried, on sandwich bread instead of buns. And whatever toppings that are in the fridge. 

So basically a homemade burger.