Bellazon

To me nothing will ever be as bad as the 2009 show. The whole runway looked cheap and empty, the five segments and that god awful model search which they devoted the whole show to. That will always be the worst show for me. But the last 3 are right behind it.

I pussed out and went to sleep about 8:30 last night and haven’t watched the show yet. 

Gonna run out and buy breakfast before I plant down and watch it. 

Prior thoughts though.....

1. Hated Alexina, still do.

2. #REMIXlivesmatter so bring a couple back.

3. Jo looks like a FB shoe in for next year because they are pushing her crinkle-face so hard.

4. Maybe if I keep saying Rio, it may happen.

5. Ming deserved better but is in a position to ascend to Angel-dom.

6. I really want my cinnamon crunch bagel so get ready Panera. 

7. I liked the Winter’s Tale outfits. That’s a nice way of doing a cultural segment because wtf even was Nomad and Porcelain.

8. Show was so lackluster in previews that they needed the drama trains of Katy, Taylor, or Gigi.

12 minutes ago, lostdiadem said:

I'm lmao at the fact that the models and angels on Instagram are all like "WOAH WHAT AN AMAZING SHOW!" "BEST SHOW EVER!" and we all are here like "UGH THIS IS THE WORST SHITSHOW EVER" :rofl: 

Well they kinda have to be excited about it, I don't think VS would be too happy if one of the models said "this year was just so bad" :rofl:

Also, I'm sure some of y'all have seen Kelly Gale's IG story. It seems like she brought salads for her and someone else to the viewing party. Seriously :rofl: I bet she was doing some workouts between segments too.

So I finally saw the thing and tbh, I don't get the hate :idk: here's my quick review

PUNK

- Candice's opening was good, I hated her previous openings and thought they were shit but she did good this year, I just wish she hadn't had that skirt so she would have been able to do even better

- I love Harry Styles, he is love, he is life and if you don't like my baby, fuck off.

- The editing was messy but I actually like the two girls walking thing. Clearly some pairings were better than others, I'd say Grace and Ming were good, Grace and Herieth were good but Elsa and Sara nailed it and were my favorite pair. Also loved Aiden and Dani's bitch face stare thing.

- Jasmine couldn't possibly look any more bored

Overall it was a good segment, one of the strongest of the year.

Baby Angels segments was cute, LMAO at Adriana's first show being 1999, some of the models were born after she walked her first show :rofl: 

Porcelain

- Josephine's walk it's trash.

- Blanca, Aiden, Frida and Bella were my favorites here. I loved them, the rest I can't even remember but i didn't particularly hate anyone here

- Great lingerie and Miguel's performance was good

JoJa segment was painful to watch, unnecesary and for the love of god, dear VS stop pushing Josephine down our throats because It ain't working. She's not Adriana nor Candice and I feel like every year people actually dislike her more.

AWT

- All this wait for Sara to open a segment and she gets two seconds of screentime, also her outfit was just so so bad o.o

- I cried with the Ming fall and everything, I don't think it's horrible that they showed it tho, I think it was done right and I love that they showed Leslie and the girls supporting her. I'm also 100% sure Ming is getting her own segment next year which is good to me.

- Gizele and Bruna are just everything :heart: 

- Martha's closing was just painful to watch

- I liked Leslie's performance but, is he relate to Denzel Washington? They could pass as brothers o.o

Models from different countries segments was cute as well. Shocked Candice didn't get to talk about the dairy farm Romee as a really cute kid.

PINK

This segment was the best in terms of energy, finally Zuri and Grace get some love, they work just as hard as the Angels and it always annoyed me a bit that Pink girls didn't get recognition. Also IDK who the performer is but she was LIT, probably the best segment-performer match

- Grace's opening was great

- Maggie, Nadine, Dilone, Lameka and Zuri also did great

- Alecia and Sammile's bodies need to be moved up to mainline ASAP. Especially Sammile, she was such a stunner

Nomadic/Alessandra is leaving

- Adriana's opening was what I expected from her so I liked it

- Elsa's Swarovski outfit actually looked amazing in motion and I'm thrilled it was mentioned.

- Leomie's energy is just everything. The rest of the segment was trash, I can't look past the horrible outfits

Models and music segment was good, it was different and I liked it, also Harry Styles makes things to my ovaries

Goddesses

- Best segment in terms of outfits, Romee's opening was lovely and Lais with the FB was great :heart: 

- Taylor is beautiful but she exudes as much sex appeal as a white wall, I adore her but I still think VS jumped the gun by signing her so young.

- Blanca, Megan and Bella were just so so good :heart: 

- Dilone and Vanessa were painful to watch, it was sad. Vanessa needs to never come back, let alone close the show.

- Harry Styles haters, again, fuck off

I'd give this a 6/10, not as good as 2005 or 2006 but for sure not nearly as bad as 2009 or 2007. My one complain is the same as everyone: VS fucked Alessandra even further than we thought with the editing, I was sure they wouldn't do a segment about her but editing the show was really just unnecesary. I'm pretty sure Stella is leaving, but this show confirms what we already knew: VS is moving on to the NA and IDK why yall expected Adriana, Candice, Alessandra or Lily to get any more screentime than what they got, I'm pretty sure the only reason why Candice opened is because it was her comeback (which btw, got zero mentions from VS, as in, we don't give a fuck), next year the NA will walk away with everything.

Well I just finished watching the show and... that was bad, and I mean REALLY bad. Probably everyone has said already everything I think but as much as I like Josephine, her Punk walk was a disaster and the whole show was about her, watch VS give her the FB next year. I liked that "angels when they were younger" bit but they focus too much on the performers, bring the remixes back. Next year they should just call it "this pop star singing with a bunch of models in lingerie".

Tbh I didn’t think the show was that bad :Amelie_wft: 2009 & 2015 were much worse. Nomad outfits were ugly and Vanessa closing was tragic, but otherwise it was ok. My number one complaint is it wasn’t that sexy... Less clothes on the models VS! Also Blanca for angel. 

4 minutes ago, shver said:

Tbh I didn’t think the show was that bad :Amelie_wft: 2009 & 2015 were much worse. Nomad outfits were ugly and Vanessa closing was tragic, but otherwise it was ok. My number one complaint is it wasn’t that sexy... Less clothes on the models VS! Also Blanca for angel. 

I agree, I didn’t think it was bad. Not saying it was good but there have been “worse” years and there were some decent elements :p 

The show is easily better than 2015 or 2016.  Why?

1. No nepo crew, Bella Hadid moved on from the nepo crew and proved she deserved a spot.

2. No beachwaver

3. Singers weren't interfering with the models' path

4. Models of color.

The only bad thing this year were the outfits and editing. 

8 minutes ago, PastaFreak said:

The show is easily better than 2015 or 2016.  Why?

1. No nepo crew, Bella Hadid moved on from the nepo crew and proved she deserved a spot.

2. No beachwaver

3. Singers weren't interfering with the models' path

4. Models of color.

The only bad thing this year were the outfits and editing. 

+1

I don't get the hate :rofl: 

Ok I liked the show...... The runway design is amazing as the models and singers are separated (no gaga or swift trying to take the spotlight from the models).

As a Candice fan her opening was uninterrupted and we saw it all. 

Way more diversity.

Better hair and makeup

Also Harry Syles is ??

@PinkCouture, do you think you might have contacts who work in VS and have access to the unedited footage? I wanna make a gif out of Sui's pose in Goddesses.

Also @CandleVixen sorry this took so long, but the jacket feels decent. I won't say it's super amazing, but it's light, feels rather smooth (not silky). It's one of those things that you could buy if you have the money to spend or if you're a fan I guess. 

the WORST edition in years of the show. I love candice but its opening was not good, I would have preferred that the show opened the nomad section, so at least we would have seen ale at the end with the punk segment. the layout of the models in punk a total disaster. Porcelain angels was not as bad segment as I thought. Horrible winter tale too much clothes. I hate the layers, I hate those species of transparent battens like the ones I use kelly or georgina. Pink I do not dislike. the goddess segment was very good but the closing of vanesa is a great no.

too much of jojo, very little of Alessandra who has 17 years making money for VS. The only good part of the kung fu was the teacher, it should be noted that he is very nice. I felt dizzy with so many models and at the end of the catwalk they did not even complete a pose. It is necessary that in the show one or two artists be presented again at the most, I felt saturated. I liked that they remembered the first show of the girls the problem is that they focused only on jojo and lily, the rest did not even speak. I loved that stella basically did not exist in this show hahaha.