Bellazon

12 minutes ago, Mo- said:

Hmm, could be it yes. Is he REALLY that huge that he could make a difference in being the closing act in terms of views because of anticipation of viewers wanting to see him again so they must watch till the end? I know OD was pretty huge but since he is solo now. I didn't really get the feeling that people were overly excited and hyped for the performers.. 

I personally don’t think it would have made a difference but he is their most high profile act and he is the only one highlight in their commercials.

As I said before the average people care more about the performers bc they are well-known while the most of the models aren’t. 

2 hours ago, Kevork89 said:

To me nothing will ever be as bad as the 2009 show. The whole runway looked cheap and empty, the five segments and that god awful model search which they devoted the whole show to. That will always be the worst show for me. But the last 3 are right behind it.

+1 :thumbs_up:

10 minutes ago, PinkCouture said:

I personally don’t think it would have made a difference but he is their most high profile act and he is the only one highlight in their commercials.

As I said before the average people care more about the performers bc they are well-known while the most of the models aren’t. 

True, I think that's why the show has changed so much, performers are way more important than the models, there aren't really huge known models in the show anymore.

1 hour ago, Mary17 said:

I'm sorry for Barbara, Cindy, Maria B. and devon they have to go ALREADY of VS, they have at least five years old and I do not want to see them anymore. I loved roosmarijn but it did not do well. beautiful I improve but even if it does not parade again I would not care. Blanca megan, nadine, aiden, frida, grace e. zuri, maggie, samile, sanne, stelle chen I loved them and I hope to see them next year. I also hope to see Lais Oliveira and Brooke Perry, I do not know why this year, I discard them.

I still love Barbara, Maria B, Cindy and especially Devon this year. She was giving me Anja Rubik vibes. Her hair was gorgeous this year.

Zuri, Nadine, Samile, Estelle, Xie Xen not so much. No for Brooke Perry

1 hour ago, tipi12 said:

This year's show was just boring. Sure, the hair and makeup were nicer. Yes, the performers stayed in their lane. No, you didn't have to deal with Kendall or Gigi (which frankly their absence did not make a single difference or improve the show's quality). And yes, we can't ignore that the diversity this year was fantastic. But can anyone actually say that it looked fun? Exciting? Powerful? Sexy? Entertaining????

It was a snooze fest. 

A few things I realized with this show: 

- I might actually prefer performers that threaten the models' runway path because at least they have a tendency to interact with the models more. I think the extremely minimal model/performer interactions this year actually contributed it to looking so boring for me

- What did Karlie come back for? 

- Far too many models hired this year were ill-fit for the show in terms of energy and personality 

- Speaking of energy, where was it? Seems like everyone left it on the plane

- The editing somehow gets worse every year 

- The dramatization of Ming Xi's fall was unnecessary and kind of a savage move for them. Showing footage of her talking about it being her hometown and her family being there, then showing her crying after. Poor girl, she didn't deserve that

- As mentioned a thousand times before in this thread: the outfits were trash. There were so few good outfits and even the good ones were nothing to rave about 

- I hope they never do that two model thing again that they did in the Punk section because it was awkward and cheesy as hell. Only about 2 pairs actually nailed it and really only one half of each of those pairs (specifically Elsa, she nailed it)

Overall I was just so underwhelmed. When you think about the amount or work, planning, production, etc. that goes into this show each year, for the result to be so underwhelming is just crazy and disappointing.

All this is because of the location - China.

Can't wait for them to try Rome or Cannes or South Africa or Rio

Adriana might be VS for fans but for VS I don't think she means that much anymore. 

Let's face it, every model has some sort of expiration date, sounds weird but that's how I see it. Every model has her own talent and looks and fanbase, an no model can replace another. 

I believe that the link between Adriana and VS ended a long time ago, because new models come, with new fans and let's not forget the age we live in right now.

There is a huge difference between VS now and VS back in the days just because of this reason. So we can't expect one huge name to be the same now as she was back in the day. 

Adriana was the first model I saw in 2003 when watching the show and every year I hoped she would leave just because of the things I mentioned above (and more reasons.) 

Basically saying Adriana is VS is not really accurate anymore. 

19 minutes ago, jessicanicole said:

Also Sara and Elsa are a pairing I didn’t know I wanted but VS should make that happen more often.  

They’ve been a fav pairing of mine since they did Pink together. They contrast each other really well imo. 

I’m at work and can see the VS girls across the way setting up the Balmain display. Going to go scope it on my lunch and see what it looks/feels like in person. 

I understand Adriana is their biggest name, but saying she is the brand is a stretch, is not like she MADE the brand. They had Tyra, Heidi and the OG Angel class before her, they made the brand into what it is. Sadly, Adriana is the last supermodel to come out of the brand, Alessandra never quite made it to Adriana levels of popularity and neither did Candice. I think it will for sure be the end of an era when she leaves but the brand will for sure move on.

I do wonder how much longer they'll keep the show going tho.

10 minutes ago, Clauds said:

I understand Adriana is their biggest name, but saying she is the brand is a stretch, is not like she MADE the brand. They had Tyra, Heidi and the OG Angel class before her, they made the brand into what it is. Sadly, Adriana is the last supermodel to come out of the brand, Alessandra never quite made it to Adriana levels of popularity and neither did Candice. I think it will for sure be the end of an era when she leaves but the brand will for sure move on.

I do wonder how much longer they'll keep the show going tho.

THIS! :thumbs_up: