Bellazon

The 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

toodarnhot

The problem is trends in fashion are continuously changing. Just a minute ago it was trendy to be healthy and fit which is what VS promote and now it's trendy to be curvy and own your body. I'm a guy and big, my sisters are curvy girls. But let's face it we aren't healthy. It's fine catering to markets that are for people who are on the bigger side. But I don't think VS have to do that just because there's this whole PC thing happening now with curvier girls. Since when is it bad for someone to be skinny? Because that seems to be the direction things are going in.

VS have been all about curvy girls. When they were first hitting it big in the late 90s early 00s. VS were the brand that had curvier more full figured women. And they promoted that. They were far ahead in that compared to fashion magazines and other brands at that point who it was all about anorexic thin models and pretty much walking coat hangers. VS were praised and also hated for the fact that they were about that kind of girl.

They changed with the industry and started to go all about health and fitness. That's what they're focus in promotion now. All about that gorgeous, healthy girl. It's not necessarily about being curvy anymore. But they're being hated on for that now even though they were about that before.

6 minutes ago, BeautifulNightmare said:

If VS want to stay a popular lingerie brand they need to start making bigger cup sizes (and smaller band sizes). More people are becoming enlightened about their actual bra size and goes to brands like Freya and Bravissimo. I have medium sized breasts and DD is almost too small for me.

This is true. The VS Angels have become so tiny in the torso and cup size that the sample size bras they wear don't even fit without tape and chicken filets. VS doesn't make their actual bra size....that's probably why they don't wear them in real life!

17 minutes ago, Kevork89 said:

Exactly they were still skinny but they were different compared to the girls you would see in ads and fashion shows. So curvier girls related to them more, men loved them more etc. But the trend right now is that healthy look for men and women. Whether or not they do it healthy way that's up to the models but i'm talking about whats the in trend now and it was all about that athletic fit look.

Those girls from the 90's and 00's were still doing other fashion shows.

Athletic and fit does not have to mean lack of breasts, hips, butts and waists. It also definitely doesn't mean skinny. Big people, skinny people, curvy people can be healthy or unhealthy. Many elite female athletes are not your definition of "skinny." Simona Halep, Serena Williams, Misty Copeland to name a few. Marisa Miller looks far more athletic and stronger than Stella, Taylor, Lily, Behati and Romee for example. 

2005 (opening makes it the best)

2012 (best Candice, Barbara P)

2014 (good Behati, classy elegant)

2010 (simply great)

2013 great but bad pink

2006 some bad outfits

2007 same as 06

2011 hate the hair so much and Kanye

2008 hate the runway and makeup

2016 messy, choppy and bad outfits

2015 horrible outfits and messy

2009 obviously the worst altough Heidi was good

MIne: 

2008 the whole show, all the segments were perfect. It was glamour, style luxury, allure, everything that represents lingerie. 

2005 best opening, good remixes, Sexy Toys Sexy Delicious Russian Babes were creation of a genius. 

2010 everything was great and perfect

2006 Come fly with me was epic, PINk

2012 Diamonds was epic

2007 the show was quite bad, but Adriana was the true star. Hated Seal singing, VS hit a low point. Spice girls performing WHY

2016 location magical

2013 Parisian nights

2014 opening spectacular

2011 crappy in general

2015 crappy in General 

2009 worst show in history, I saw it once and never ever wanted to see it again. 

I might change my mind because the shows between 13 - 15 are a bit blurry to me, I lost motivation to see it so forgot a lot of it. 

Just now, gotportugal said:

2005 (opening makes it the best)

2012 (best Candice, Barbara P)

2014 (good Behati, classy elegant)

2010 (simply great)

2013 great but bad pink

2006 some bad outfits

2007 same as 06

2011 hate the hair so much and Kanye

2008 hate the runway and makeup Runway could have been better I would prefer runway with the audience on 2 sides. Kind of liked make up. The show was classic and grandeur. 

2016 messy, choppy and bad outfits

2015 horrible outfits and messy

2009 obviously the worst altough Heidi was good

4 hours ago, Kevork89 said:

The problem is trends in fashion are continuously changing. Just a minute ago it was trendy to be healthy and fit which is what VS promote and now it's trendy to be curvy and own your body. I'm a guy and big, my sisters are curvy girls. But let's face it we aren't healthy. It's fine catering to markets that are for people who are on the bigger side. But I don't think VS have to do that just because there's this whole PC thing happening now with curvier girls. Since when is it bad for someone to be skinny? Because that seems to be the direction things are going in.

VS have been all about curvy girls. When they were first hitting it big in the late 90s early 00s. VS were the brand that had curvier more full figured women. And they promoted that. They were far ahead in that compared to fashion magazines and other brands at that point who it was all about anorexic thin models and pretty much walking coat hangers. VS were praised and also hated for the fact that they were about that kind of girl.

They changed with the industry and started to go all about health and fitness. That's what they're focus in promotion now. All about that gorgeous, healthy girl. It's not necessarily about being curvy anymore. But they're being hated on for that now even though they were about that before.

They still pretend to promote curvy, but it is different. It is not like Laetitia and Tyra with size 6/8 and curves. Now it is about a smaller size size 2/4ish being skinnier still 'healthy', super fit., AND having curves otherwise it wouldn't be VS. THe curves VS tries to promote is Candice and Lais: skinny+cuves. 

But to me they are promoting this fake curviness. Most girls don't have that much curviness, but with push up bra, photoshop, body contouring, they create curves, so the body ideal is faker that in the 90's IMO. 

3 hours ago, modellight said:

Those girls from the 90's and 00's were still doing other fashion shows.

Athletic and fit does not have to mean lack of breasts, hips, butts and waists. It also definitely doesn't mean skinny. Big people, skinny people, curvy people can be healthy or unhealthy. Many elite female athletes are not your definition of "skinny." Simona Halep, Serena Williams, Misty Copeland to name a few. Marisa Miller looks far more athletic and stronger than Stella, Taylor, Lily, Behati and Romee for example. 

I think @Kevork89 means that the healthy look tends to be more skinny, It doesn't have to be in reality, but people associate Skinnier women size 2/4 who work out as more healthy. MOdels who are fuller often get that critism 'she needs to work out more eat healthier'. Adriana, Doutzen, Miranda Candice are excellent examples of promoting te skinny healthy look. They are skinny, but work out a lot they are toned, promote their life style by saying they do yoga drink green juices

2005 - SEXY, best opening ever, 2nd best opening was 2003, all models were top notch, and no pointing <3

2008 - Great music and creativity, beautiful segments, makeup and great models.

2006 - Less hot than 05, but most segments were really good and cute outfits.

2007 - Ton of shit models that dont know how to pose or walk, but no ridiculous outfits and i love Seal singing and deck the halls segment.

2010 - Outfits looked well done and i didnt dislike any segment that much.

2012 - There was no bad segment, I actually liked pink and the fun pinball scenery for it. Also loved silver screen angels. I only disliked the wide catwalk.

2011 - Outfits starting to look a little ridiculous, but i loved the intro for the show. they had no shitty segment.

2015 - Horrible low energy opening. The snow segment was just so beautiful, and I liked most segments, but no adrenaline/excitement.

2014 - Exotic traveller was horrible but the rest looked fine and loved Hozier <3, also dream girl felt like a little bit of a throwback which was nice

2013 - The first two segments werent nice to look at at all, they had no read thread and hated the music. Worst pink ever. Parisian nights was okay which brings this one up a little.

2016 - Sorry, but didnt like any of the segments, and the best segment was pink.. which I only liked because of Grace and her wings. horrible opening. Bad editing, no excitement, i kept getting disoriented cause of the bad editing, dont like the hadid and jenner crew. Gaga *puke*, Bruno is so full of himself and ridiculous.

2009 - Looks like they spent all their money on that model contest. There was just no balance in any segment, though I could appreciate individual outfits. Just not great together. Black eyed peas did NOT fit the show.

19 minutes ago, peroxideblonde said:

unpopular opinion: i want the led runway back

IMO, both can look awesome it just depends on what feel theyre going for and the segments etc. People just find anything to blame on for the horrible shows when its the entirety of the show that is but not an led runway :D

another unpopular opinion: I'm over Jo... she does well in pics has a rocking body but not made for vsfs. Her face is too average looking and has poor walk.

another: I actually like that Taylor has a reputation as a diva and rude to her fans, lol. We need more attitude in this show haha

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.