Bellazon

The 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

toodarnhot

11 minutes ago, ceceshores said:

I can see them casting Ashley next year tbh, imagine the press they'd get for it.

I doubt it. VS have spent the last 5-6 years really focusing on a certain look for the girls. Plus the eating healthy and VSX craze with them. I doubt they'd ever hire a plus size model. Well Ed and Monica won't at least. But the brand doesn't even stock bigger sizes so what's the point in having a plus size model if there aren't the product to sell from it.

10 minutes ago, ceceshores said:

I can see them casting Ashley next year tbh, imagine the press they'd get for it.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did cast her eventually :p And they should cast curvier and "plus-size" models. I read somewhere that the average size is now 16---I think AG said she is smaller than that. She is a gorgeous woman but sometimes her personality is unpleasant :/

10 minutes ago, Kevork89 said:

I doubt it. VS have spent the last 5-6 years really focusing on a certain look for the girls. Plus the eating healthy and VSX craze with them. I doubt they'd ever hire a plus size model. Well Ed and Monica won't at least. But the brand doesn't even stock bigger sizes so what's the point in having a plus size model if there aren't the product to sell from it.

They stock up to 40DDD. 40 back size is plus size. Just sayin.

Just now, Sanni said:

I could see them hiring Ashley for a commercial or a promotional event at one of their stores (Body by Victoria or something like that) but not contract her as an Angel.

This.

She is too famous and branded now to be contracted as an Angel. Doesn't she have her own lingerie line that is doing really well anyway?

12 minutes ago, modellight said:

This.

She is too famous and branded now to be contracted as an Angel. Doesn't she have her own lingerie line that is doing really well anyway?

Agreed. I can definitely see VS hiring her for commercial campaign and catalogue work but not walking the runway. Also they would LOVE the publicity, I personally think if they used her the fashion shows, they'd definitely get more viewers.

I agree with whoever said Ashley is becoming annoying, its like she cant stop saying she is a plus size woman here and there ok we get it, but at some point you have to start talking about yourself as AG the MODEL, without any other adjective cuz girl if you want inclusion then you should start from yourself and the way you name yourself.

I mean thanks for bring beautifulness to the body of a fuller girl (like me) and try to make it beautful infront of everybodies eyes, but there is a moment where you should stop with the names and just stand there and see how everybodies conception of a gorgeous hot woman change

17 minutes ago, everyboulevard said:

More than the bra size, there's their panties don't go above an XL and the sport pants don't go above a L. 

Their XL size in panties is meant to fit a US 16 and L a size US 14. I believe "plus size" starts from 12 and on.

VS also runs bigger and stretchy compared to brands at a similar price range. VS generally puts their models and mannequins in their XS which runs like a regular S in other brands.

34 minutes ago, modellight said:

They stock up to 40DDD. 40 back size is plus size. Just sayin.

They almost never have those sizes in store, and they definitely don't have that size range in most of their styles. I also find that they fit quite small in their panties and VSX bottoms. 

I wear a size 2 and find their XS panties uncomfortable at times so I can't believe their XL would fit a size 16 comfortably at all. Ditto on their VSX- I buy an XS in them and it's pretty equivalent to other brands,so I'm not sure where you're getting that they run bigger and stretchier. 

Take it from someone who wears a 38DD, not all bras come in even that size. See: The Lightweight that runs up to a 36DD. I have two pairs of VSX tights in a large and they fit so much tighter than a same sized pair of the ultimate leggings from Pink. I can wear the XL panties just fine in some styles, others are a bit uncomfortable, and some in the L are fine. All depends on the product. 

2 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

They almost never have those sizes in store, and they definitely don't have that size range in most of their styles. I also find that they fit quite small in their panties and VSX bottoms. 

I wear a size 2 and find their XS panties uncomfortable at times so I can't believe their XL would fit a size 16 comfortably at all. Ditto on their VSX- I buy an XS in them so I'm not sure where you're getting that they run bigger and stretchier. 

Really? I'm a big 2 to solid 4 and I can wear both the XS and S depending on what has sold out. The XS isn't uncomfortable at all.

I guess the difference here must be what other brands you are used to wearing. But even their size chart online, the measurements they give for their sizes are bigger than the norm.

7 minutes ago, everyboulevard said:

Take it from someone who wears a 38DD, not all bras come in even that size. See: The Lightweight that runs up to a 36DD. I have two pairs of VSX tights in a large and they fit so much tighter than a same sized pair of the ultimate leggings from Pink. I can wear the XL panties just fine in some styles, others are a bit uncomfortable, and some in the L are fine. All depends on the product. 

I wear 32DDD in VS so I run into the same problem! But I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that some styles are not designed to give enough support past certain sizes. But then on the other hand, I have friends who wear 32A, 34A and 30C and they have really slim pickings. Some bras are just for different sizes and shapes.

Marisa Miller and Heidi Klum promoting a bra that went up to 38DD:

Tyra Banks promoting a bra that went up to 40DD:

So if VS made a point to launch again a full-coverage bra that goes up to (even) larger sizes, I could see them choosing Ashely to promote it. They don’t really have models like Tyra, Heidi and Marisa in their line-up anymore (models who have bigger breasts).

At the end of the day she has her own line so if she's willing to go against that and work for another brand that's great but it's risking losing profit on her own collection. So I don't think she will be working for VS. There's contracts and business that gets in the way of that.

Her bringing attention to it not being plus size is just another thing she's going after to continue to promote herself in that light. Which is fine, like I said I like her but it's getting annoying.

On the subject of the Hadids and the Jenner:

Gigi Hadid belongs there, but Bella was a bit of a distraction (though I thought her walk was pretty good).

But Kendall Jenner more or less broke the rhythm whenever she appeared on the runway. Like, I went "What is that girl doing there?" and then "Oh right, It's Kendall."

Thanks for those videos @Sanni! I love how Heidi, Tyra and Marisa give their interviews! So professional and mature...we don't really see that these days.

They do a great job convincing me that they actually wear and love what they're selling. 

Today, we see so many pictures of the Angels not wearing bras in their streetstyle and red carpet. Some have even said in non-VS related interviews that they don't wear bras on a day to day basis because they don't need one. It kind of makes what they're selling seem futile. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.