Bellazon

Unpopular opinions

Stromboli1

1 hour ago, Stormbringer said:

The same "laicité" Kiki mentions you're not understanding?

So I have to conclude from it that people can't wear those necklaces with a cross in the street?

Laicism is about not affiliating with any particular religion or set of beliefs; not about banning them.

And most of us here don't speak French so there's little point in reposting that unless you take the time and common courtesy to translate it.

I would if it wasn't such a terrible piece.

On 8/25/2016 at 3:29 PM, jj3 said:

It's to them to make an effort to get integrate in the society. And not to the whole society to make efforts to do that. 

My vision, my opinion. 

I don't really see how they can win, then. The reason why the burkini was first designed was to help Muslim women make that effort to integrate, and the state's response was to create a law instituting intolerance against them. All the ban will do is cause more division and create more inequality, it’s so knee-jerk that it calls into question the capacity for rational or logical thinking by those in power.

1 hour ago, frenchkiki said:

And I will stay on the beach!! Because I soon as i remove all my beach clothes to run in the water in bikini, men applause, women are crying and the babies are wishing i am their mama!

I wouldn't applause.  Like the babies, I too want to be fed properly :blush:

Natalie Portman: People in LA are much nicer than Parisians
>> http://pagesix.com/2016/08/26/natalie-portman-people-in-la-are-much-nicer-than-parisians/?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=P6Twitter&utm_medium=SocialFlow

“There’s a lot of rules of politeness and codes of behavior there that you have to follow,” Portman said. “When you go in some place, you have to say ‘bonjour’ before you say anything else, and then you have to wait two seconds before you say anything else.” If you don’t follow this protocol, she says, “They’ll think you’re super rude and then they’ll be rude to you.”

OMG yes, all that rules, people are sooo polite, i can't believe it. Life is so hard. I have to say Bonjour ... BONJOUR ! ... Damn Parisians ! lol 

In February of this year, Millepied stepped down as dance director of Opera de Paris*, Paris’ premier ballet company, amid reports that there was tension between him and some of the company’s star dancers. He held the position for 15 months.

*No, dear Natalie, your husband has been fired. And it's your revenge to say that.

How humiliating for you it has been to go back in LA (like a poor shit) after your husband has been fired, isn't it ? :D 

Is Leon reminds you something ? :p 

4 minutes ago, Lyla said:

One of my friends lived there for a year and she said kinda the same, that Paris isn't such a great place and people are rude there. I believe her. @jj3

A friend of mine told me that she likes to live in France, but does not like Paris. But her reasons were the long distances and the crowdedness.

9 minutes ago, Lyla said:

One of my friends lived there for a year and she said kinda the same, that Paris isn't such a great place and people are rude there. I believe her. @jj3

Even myself i can confess Paris is a bit cold, especially if you are living the whole year at the Ritz-Carlton :D Parisians are more colder than people from the south, but it is not inherent to the people living in the big towns ? Idk. Bonjour ? EW :p 

11 minutes ago, Lyla said:

Maybe the bigger Muslim population makes the South of France nicer. :rofl: don't you think, jj? :p:D

That reflection belong to you Lyla. According the stats, the bigger one is in Paris and its periphery, as an indication. 

13 hours ago, Lyla said:

Hmmm. In my personal experience, Parisians are kind of friendly, most of the time.

I would say the rudest people on average I have encountered in a "big" city would be in Amsterdam.

Though I do think it does help - in general - if you can speak the language in France.

Nathalie Portman is an idiot. Parisian are rude? Yes they are. All of them? Of course not. Most of them are real nice.

Nathalie Portman is an idiot.

They say "hello" to someone before to ask something? OMG!! Rude assholes!

That idiot stayed in the most expensive & secure neighborhood in Paris (like in LA) and she complain because rich people are not smiling at her kids?

Damn! Poor rich woman!

She thinks people in LA are nicer :laugh:? The rich people drinking kale juices and hire the "poor Mexicans" as maid and gardener?  Or the people in restaurant/shops/hotel/the surgeon whom fixed her nose/etc who are paid to be nice with her because she is famous?

Nathalie Portman is an idiot.

And in about a week i am waiting for the "After Natahalie Portam bashed the Parisians, she apologies"

Why? Because Nathalie Portman is an idiot.

16 hours ago, Lyla said:

Well don't. Paris is great and the Parisians are certainly not the warmest people on this planet but they are not for sure the worse (people of N.Y i am talking to you!)

Where your friend was from?