Bellazon

The 2015 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

Clauds

Maybe they're saving the big hoopla for the 25th anniversary show? 

I sure hope so!

I must be the only one who isn't that into Gigi Hadid.  Aside from any criticism about the legitimacy of her career, I just don't find her face very pretty.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/beauty/style-expert-slams-gigi-hadid-shes-pretty-but-so-is-a-russian-hooker/story-fnjcnzwg-1227606778754

Bet you're gonna love this article, then!  :hehe:  :hehe:

Petition for Robert Verdi to replace John as the casting director? Anyone?

Definitely up for that! 

29 Of The Most WTF Looks From The Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show

http://www.buzzfeed.com/juliegerstein/all-the-looks-from-the-2015-victorias-secret-show?#.dbLP6Jp7L

This is too funny, I can't  :rofl: My favorite section would be Boho, Ice Angels and .... PINK  :nicole: Fireworks just didn't work for me  :idk: But I'm excited to see the show in motion to have a better judgement  :hehe:

I thought Gigi absolutely killed it in PINK. Really wasn't expecting that.

I love Taylor and Stella but from what I've seen, Stella is rail thin and expressionless (looks bored) but still has a beautiful face.

Taylor is IMO the prettiest girl they have but she seems like she would be bitchy in real life, lol, just me? Her snapchats after the show (afterparty) were something else. Her and Sara seemed off their heads! Haha and Shanina looked drunk as hell

I must be the only one who isn't that into Gigi Hadid.  Aside from any criticism about the legitimacy of her career, I just don't find her face very pretty.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/beauty/style-expert-slams-gigi-hadid-shes-pretty-but-so-is-a-russian-hooker/story-fnjcnzwg-1227606778754

Bet you're gonna love this article, then!  :hehe:  :hehe:

wow than man it's so petty and disgusting

Taylor is IMO the prettiest girl they have but she seems like she would be bitchy in real life, lol, just me? 

I agree that Taylor is one of the prettiest, if not the prettiest girl they have right now. She's too thin for my taste, though, and in interviews she just doesn't seem to have the right personality for the brand. I liked when VS chose more mature, sexy girls to represent the brand. Taylor seems extremely young when she talks.

Stella works amazing in photos and catalog and she just isn't that good on the runway or with interview or whatever she has to do other than posing in front of a camera.

Stella really only works for lingerie too- her swim shoots are always lacklustre. I loved a lot of her work for catalouge, but she's a one trick pony.

Not sure if this is related, but Leomie got sent a pair of sneakers from the RihannaxAdidas collab.

Stella works amazing in photos and catalog and she just isn't that good on the runway or with interview or whatever she has to do other than posing in front of a camera.

Stella really only works for lingerie too- her swim shoots are always lacklustre. I loved a lot of her work for catalouge, but she's a one trick pony.

Not sure if this is related, but Leomie got sent a pair of sneakers from the RihannaxAdidas collab.

Can't wait to see her reaction on snapchat! lol. Hope she's in those backstage thingies they do in between segments

On  a different topic... I really think this should be the year they debuted the double fantasy bras with Ale and Adri then Behati and Lily the following year. Also, why do they keep saying that last year's show was the first VS show done abroad? 2000 in Cannes? 

Victoria’s Secret’s Casting Director on Kendall, Gigi, and Curating the 2015 Show
by JANELLE OKWODU

Few fashion events can rival the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show in terms of scope and magnitude. With models dueling for spots on the brand’s prestigious runway and millions tuning in on television, casting the show takes on a special significance. For models, an appearance at Victoria’s Secret can serve to introduce them to a whole new audience, kick-starting their careers and putting them on the path to Angel status. The casting lineup at each show is hotly debated, with online aficionados building their fantasy Victoria’s Secret leagues for months in advance and seemingly everyone chiming in with an opinion on who ought to walk. Enthused fans aside, the final decision falls into the hands of John Pfeiffer, a fashion industry veteran with more than 20 years’ experience casting some of the industry’s biggest shows. During fashion month, Pfeiffer handles model selection for everyone from Diane von Furstenberg to Michael Kors, but in the postseason, he and his team are dedicated to the creation of the ultimate Angel squad.

What defines a Victoria’s Secret model is constantly evolving. Over the years, the brand’s runway has featured several incarnations of the Angel, from the refined sexiness of Stephanie SeymourDaniela Pestova, and Helena Christensen to the Amazonian glamour typified by Gisele BündchenHeidi Klum, and Tyra Banks. Pfeiffer has been behind each shift, curating a cast that adheres to the mood of the moment yet retains the brand’s unmistakable aesthetic. 2015’s lineup is as accurate a representation of the current modeling scene as one will find. Led by supermodel mainstays like Adriana Lima and Alessandra Ambrosio, the cast features an array of haute first-timers, including social media stars Gigi Hadid and Kendall Jenner. With a focus on youthful joie de vivre and bombastic personalities to match those oversize wings, this year’s models are bubbly bombshells next door. On the eve of the show’s taping, Pfeiffer talked to us about making the final selections, the impact of social media, and the new faces to watch.

Since the show will be televised, are there concerns you have to address that wouldn’t come into play with a regular fashion show?
One thing that’s different is that we don’t book anyone under the age of 18, which wasn’t always the case. Adriana [Lima] started with the brand quite young, and in the past before the show was televised that would occasionally occur. I don’t think the age thing has to do with the fact that it is televised, per se, but there was a conscious decision made many years ago that we wouldn’t book anyone under 18. That extended to the girls who are shot for the brand, which is an especially important issue right now.

How big a role does personality play in the casting process?
I think personality is one of the most important things. At this level of casting, we’re nitpicking physically because they’re all gorgeous. What makes a girl stand out is her personality, and there are a lot of ways to define it.

The casting process occurs over several days with my team. But on those last few days of casting, when we’re in the room with Ed [Razek], Monica [Mitro], and Sophia [Neophitou] and other people from the brand, camera crews, film crews—that is the first real taste. You see who is going to make it through because you’re seeing a hundred girls; truly, they are all gorgeous, and any one of them could be chosen from that standpoint. What you’re looking for is who captures your attention, who stands out from the crowd. If you can’t do it in that room, you’re not going to be able to do it on the runway.

With both Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid walking this year, do you feel social media has played an increasingly important role in the decision-making process?
It would be impossible not to be aware of social media. That fact that you’re aware of it probably colors your judgment in some way even if you strive to be completely neutral and judge the girls only by the guidelines. But I say this truthfully and sincerely: I think Gigi and Kendall make it in based on merit. You can’t deny that they’ve got this incredible following and have great backstories, but they have proven themselves as models. They’re not dilettantes; they’re both professionals.

2015’s lineup seems to be driven by youth, with many in the cast walking for the first time—was that a deliberate choice?
There are 12 girls who are doing the show for the first time this year and it happened organically. We spent the last two days doing the callbacks and whittling it down to the final list, which is a lengthy process. The stakes are so high for the girls because they really make an effort to prepare for the casting, and they want to impress. The stakes are high for us because we want to be making the right decisions. There are a lot of tough choices, but I think really good ones in the end. I’m super happy with every single girl in the show this year.

Among the new faces, who impressed you?
One thing that ties into not booking girls under the age of 18 is that we’re keeping our eyes on certain girls who maybe weren’t old enough last year but came of age this year. Valery Kaufman is one of those girls; this is her first time doing the show, and she is incredible. Bruna Lírio is another brand-new girl—she’s only been in New York for two months and hasn’t even done a show season yet. This is her first big show! She was amazing in the casting, so effortless and charming. She captivated the room.

I’m excited about Pauline Hoarau, who is so divine. It’s Bridget Malcolm’s first time doing the show as well and she looks amazing. I’ve known her for a while, and I don’t know—something happened and she blossomed. I’m also really excited about Leomie Anderson. She did well at the castings last year and just didn’t make that final cut, but she came back this year and wowed the room again.

How does that differ from the experience of working with the girls who have been doing the show for several years now?
It may sound a little cheesy, but sometimes when you see those girls and they come in for those fittings, you just light up. I met Adriana [Lima] when she was 14, and now she’s a mom with two beautiful daughters and has become this incredible woman. I’ve been casting for 20-plus years, so the girls I knew back then were kids. It is wonderful to see them become women, develop and grow as people, create families and be successful.

Vogue.com

I still wanna know why this Megan girl was at the end of the runway with Taylor and Selena.

From what I've heard VS wanted to create a moment between Taylor and Selena (therefore the interaction between them?), but I'm clueless as to why Megan is there?  Maybe Megan comes out second and joined in on the fun?

:rofl: Taylor the only new Angel who got to open a segment.... and the PINK segment nonetheless - RIP Rachel

-------

So I ask this every single year -  What are your favorite looks, and which looks needed to be burned?  (Please provide pictures if you can)

Behati's opening was definitely better compared to last year. Not sure why she's getting the opening hate, but you can tell she made an effort to put forth an amount of positive energy. Her walks has slightly improved and her hands weren't dangling as much like last year. It's definitely not the best opening, but you can really tell there was extra energy in the opening.

Maybe it was the make up and outfits that made everything look bad? God, I wished VS'd just switch the stage back to glitters and use LED on special occasions like PINK. I feel that 50% of the show's appeal was heavily damaged by the set up, the whole placed looked so dark and gloomy. They didn't have that "moment to shine" spotlight. The 40% is split between the outfits and model lineups, don't really wanna see any newcomers return next year, and am only willing to make an unwilling exception for Gigi for performing much better than what everyone expected. Kendull can just blah off.

Bryan was complaining Candice's energy wasn't really present because it seems like she had a flu and it kinda took away her mood for the show.

Funny how the segments everyone hated so much at first became the segments everyone loved while the ones that everybody looked forward to became the very segment that people hated to hell and back. I'll be honest though, POAA outfits were majorly disappointing, PINK USA and Ice Angels were the best (although earmuffs were a sin). And I think I see the difference between Snow and Ice Angels now.

I feel like Ice Angels were meant to showcase the cold beauty while Snow Angels was that sweet, smiling snow goddesses. Ice Angels felt like I was watching the beauty of an Ice Queen, like when Elsa walked out, you know there's an unspoken beauty, I think that segment was mainly about quiet beauty since of half of the lineups in segment consisted of models who are usually really quiet (Candice, Elsa, Lily D, Sui, Jac, Romee, Stella).

But please, let Stella go. Just... when people announced Stella's angel contract, and people thought I was a Stella hater, now it's so funny that most people agree that Stella needs to be dropped. That girl is VS' very own Kristen Stewart.

+ agree in almost everything (ov I think I like the show more than you and others)

I still wanna know why this Megan girl was at the end of the runway with Taylor and Selena.

So I ask this every single year -  What are your favorite looks, and which looks needed to be burned?  (Please provide pictures if you can)

Best looks : Candice Boho & Ice Angels, Jojo PINK, Elsa Ice Angels, Ale in fireworks, Taylor in PINK & Boho, Bridget in PINK, Gigi in EB, Lais in EB, Adriana in EB & Fireworks, Cindy in Fireworks, Kendall in POAA, Gracie in POAA

Looks that need to be burned: Ming in PINK, the FB outfit (I like the FB itself, but these wings I%20dont%20know.gif ), Vita in POAA , Sanne in POAA, Sara in firework, Maud in general  :rofl:

Favorite Looks

Ice Angels

- ( Barbara's outfit minus the ugly ass snow tumbleweeds?)

f112ea446190033.jpg   2f7727446190082.jpg

Exotic Butterfly

- I found the majority of the segment to be a hot mess

c600f2446191772.jpg35dc49446195233.jpgce3316446191774.jpg

Boho

3544b6446195974.jpg50bc8e446195957.jpg4bb68f446196054.jpg

1311db446196813.jpg04e939446196060.jpg

Firework

fe896e446196233.jpgdf6cea446196305.jpg823df7446196188.jpge10d6f446196171.jpg

PINK

adaa04446198428.jpg6804f1446198465.jpg057133446198487.jpg

196735446198497.jpg9f22c7446198501.jpge8746c446198492.jpg

POAA

b36786446204181.jpg33430d446204188.jpg6bfeeb446204193.jpg48c948446204201.jpg

5cd645446204219.jpg4ea8c4446204240.jpg20bf4e446204286.jpg

Best Segments - PINK & POAA

Worst Segments  - Exotic Winged Creatures & Ice Angels  (When all your outfits blend into each other, it's not good)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WTF -

91dc7d446191760.jpg

Looks like Liberace blew up all over the poor gal.

The Ugly

b17fb2446191752.jpg3911ab446191749.jpg71f132446196073.jpg

Pretty much everything in Exotic Winged Creatures :yuckky:

Everything else I'm fairly apathetic towards :idk: Maybe the outfits will look better in motion.