Bellazon

2016 SI Swimsuit

christine

Maybe somewhere in Brasil? It's pretty close to 13 hours from NYC to this side of the world and we're in summer so it's the perfect time to come and shoot here. 

I don't know why SI Swimsuit even bothers with the athletes anymore. ESPN the Magazine's Body Issue blows them out of the water in concept and execution. It's like some vestige of an attempt to claim "this is relevant to sports!" when that ship has long since sailed, nobody's buying it.

That's not a slight on the athletes or their looks, it's just... like I said, a sorta vestigial afterthought.

8 hours ago, Memento Mori said:

I don't know why SI Swimsuit even bothers with the athletes anymore. ESPN the Magazine's Body Issue blows them out of the water in concept and execution. It's like some vestige of an attempt to claim "this is relevant to sports!" when that ship has long since sailed, nobody's buying it.

That's not a slight on the athletes or their looks, it's just... like I said, a sorta vestigial afterthought.

Because RR is still very interesting to media, even after her defeat.

I'm surprised we haven't seen a Kardashian yet. My bet would be Khloe.

47 minutes ago, slowen said:

No emrata this year, either.  Can't believe she only got two years and one was wasted with YU TSAI

:cry2:

I have to agree. Even though I'm not her biggest fan, SI had probably one of the most mainstrean successful models in their hands, one that is actually know for having the body and they managed to make her look terrible both times thanks to very poor photography and horrible styling. Last year's Hawaii shoot was just a mess and all the girls looked awful and it was a location that had some of their biggest names and it was probably one of the worst shoots SI has ever done. I do believe it was Emily's choice not to come back tho, not the other way around, she doesn't need SI at all at this point.

Rose got stuck with Yu again this year :pinch: so did Irina and Gigi who were also part of the Hawaii mess last year.

this year the location with Yu  is going to be better i mean the photos. nothing can beat last year mess lol. i mean they didnt have sun on the shoot. also Ben watts is a BOSS!!! and his location Malta have the most awful girls but even with that i think they are gonna look pretty good , i mean the location is amazing and Ben watts is the Best SI photogrpaher to me, hands down , second best is James Macari tho. and James have amazing girls like my girl Barbara Palvin yaaaasssssss  SO EXCITED!!

The only thing I can say right now and the first part I'm sure you can figure out already... but..

6-7 shoots on location, and maybe 1-2 more in studio.

I'm really trying to stay out of it this year cause I'd like the element of surprise, but since everyone is asking about all the locations, that's what I can give.

Do we know when is the magazine coming out? I just realized we're just a month away from release date :rofl: I'm glad we know less about this year too, I'm sure we will all be surprised ... I just hope we are surprised in a good way and not surprised by a trainwreck