Bellazon

Problems and Suggestions for BZ - Post Here

Joe > Average

Can any thread (eg. a model thread) have sub-forums or are they only for ones that are pinned to the top of the screen?

They have to reach a certain level of popularity before we will consider breaking them up into subforums. For the most part we prefer to keep it all on one page.

Can any thread (eg. a model thread) have sub-forums or are they only for ones that are pinned to the top of the screen?

They have to reach a certain level of popularity before we will consider breaking them up into subforums. For the most part we prefer to keep it all on one page.

OK thanks

• 3 weeks later...

To LMS: Well, it seems the rules aren't as defined as they should be in this area. The staff is continuosly discussing it, that's why the mods handle the issue slightly differently. In my opinion the rules are clear that you may not advertise or promote sides and never for-profit sites. However, if you name or credit the source of your pictures/scans it's just respectful and should therefore be allowed. I'm not so sure about links in a signature though. When I started out [as mod] I thought no links that lead to sites outer BZ were allowed. Since then I learned that links to fansites seem to be tolerated. However, if I come across links that aren't clearly leading to a fansite I would likely have them removed. The staff cannot click on every link we come across so there needs to be some kind of commonality.

I try to name the source every time. I hate it when people doesn't. Okay, it is a lot of info to save, but as I said, it's respectful. Though I have to admit that I hadn't thought about that at the beginning and posted pics without naming the source. I kinda like TFS' strictness on that matter, without source the post will be deleted. It's a shame for all pics lost though ... :blush:

To Danni: I don't know much about the technical side of things, Danni, but I don't think it will be possible with the software the forum is based upon which seems to be rather basic.

Also if you could lock the thread you would take the other members' right to participate on a thread in the forum. Maybe they got valuable content to share. And also you have to keep in mind that not every member take care of the topic once it's been started. So who could possible control which topic is open, which is locked, which had been forgotten by its creator. And it happens all the time that members just cut on their visits to BZ or completely ignore it for periods of time, so what to do if they had forgotten about unlocking? And what about someone wanting to create a thread on a model, searching if the model already got a thread here, finds the thread and then finds out that it's locked and he cannot post the infos he's got. Rather than PMing the creator of the thread he would start another thread on the model. You know it's true, Danni, it's the easiest way. And we would have to get rid of dozens of Double-threads. So, nice thoughts, but I don't see they're likely to happen ...

... Why can't we edit are own topics? It would be so good if we could. :ddr:...

I think it is to keep things easy and simple to better monitor and organize the forum. For example, The Model Directories we have. If say you started a thread and there was a typo or misspelling in the title. We let you change the title, however the title in the directory would still be incorrect because you cannot edit someone's post. Not sure did that make sense.

question, so do we not have to credit sites we find spreads??? i use fashiongonerogue alot, so i credit, do we not have to???? i notice alot of posters dont, and im confused, please help :wave::wave::wave::wave:

Credit whenever possible especially when you know the original source. For example, say you found some new VS pictures on tFS. Instead of crediting it as "tFS", try to credit it as something like, "victoriassecret.com via tFS". I know with me I often save a bunch of pictures from various place and upload them later. By the time I upload them I cannot recall where I got them :ninja:

To LMS: Well, it seems the rules aren't as defined as they should be in this area. The staff is continuosly discussing it, that's why the mods handle the issue slightly differently. In my opinion the rules are clear that you may not advertise or promote sides and never for-profit sites. However, if you name or credit the source of your pictures/scans it's just respectful and should therefore be allowed. I'm not so sure about links in a signature though. When I started out [as mod] I thought no links that lead to sites outer BZ were allowed. Since then I learned that links to fansites seem to be tolerated. However, if I come across links that aren't clearly leading to a fansite I would likely have them removed. The staff cannot click on every link we come across so there needs to be some kind of commonality.

I try to name the source every time. I hate it when people doesn't. Okay, it is a lot of info to save, but as I said, it's respectful. Though I have to admit that I hadn't thought about that at the beginning and posted pics without naming the source. I kinda like TFS' strictness on that matter, without source the post will be deleted. It's a shame for all pics lost though ... :blush:

To Danni: I don't know much about the technical side of things, Danni, but I don't think it will be possible with the software the forum is based upon which seems to be rather basic.

Also if you could lock the thread you would take the other members' right to participate on a thread in the forum. Maybe they got valuable content to share. And also you have to keep in mind that not every member take care of the topic once it's been started. So who could possible control which topic is open, which is locked, which had been forgotten by its creator. And it happens all the time that members just cut on their visits to BZ or completely ignore it for periods of time, so what to do if they had forgotten about unlocking? And what about someone wanting to create a thread on a model, searching if the model already got a thread here, finds the thread and then finds out that it's locked and he cannot post the infos he's got. Rather than PMing the creator of the thread he would start another thread on the model. You know it's true, Danni, it's the easiest way. And we would have to get rid of dozens of Double-threads. So, nice thoughts, but I don't see they're likely to happen ...

I see your point, but I didn't mean like, locking a topic/closing a topic. I kinda meant like the post que. Like, PM's.. You can save it and send later.. :unsure: So, get ready to start a topic, then just save, but post later? That kinda thing?

And, is it a rule now that we have to credit sources? Sometimes I do, as I do for tFS, but... I don't always do it on here. :/

... Why can't we edit are own topics? It would be so good if we could. :ddr:...

I think it is to keep things easy and simple to better monitor and organize the forum. For example, The Model Directories we have. If say you started a thread and there was a typo or misspelling in the title. We let you change the title, however the title in the directory would still be incorrect because you cannot edit someone's post. Not sure did that make sense.

That's what I meant, like edit titles/topic description. For when we find full name of model, etc. The rest you wrote didn't make sense to me. :laugh::blink:

Example: Fashion Model Directory. If you were to update a the title/description of a model's thread you started, the directory needs to be updated too. You, yourself, cannot update the directory b/c you cannot edit other people's threads/posts.

I understand where you are coming from and the staff can certainly further discuss your suggestion. For now, members may not edit the title/description of threads. Thanks! :)

I see your point, but I didn't mean like, locking a topic/closing a topic. I kinda meant like the post que. Like, PM's.. You can save it and send later.. :unsure: So, get ready to start a topic, then just save, but post later? That kinda thing?

I don't see what's the point in creating a thread but post it later. What if someone else already started a thread on the model in the mean time? You could save the info on the model via text programme or editor and then just copy+paste to BZ when you're ready ... :idk:

And, is it a rule now that we have to credit sources? Sometimes I do, as I do for tFS, but... I don't always do it on here. :/

No, it's not obligatory, but it's nicer :flower:

• 2 weeks later...

So I put in an Emily didonato avi and under my control manel is says its my avi, but when I see my posts, its my old avi.

Its been this way for a few hours. I've already tryed logging out and back in. Help! what should I do.

Its happened to me before where I will change my avi, and it won't really change in my posts until hours later. Does that happen to others?

^Its happened to me before too. Apparently everyone else can see it except me. Then after a while it changes on my end. Hopefully it will be soon! Perhaps it will help if I log out before I get off the computer?

Maybe, I remember something like that happening- eventually it turned out okay. If not, I'm sure that the moderators who will read this thread can help you.