Bellazon

Problems and Suggestions for BZ - Post Here

Joe > Average

I also don't like it at all :rofl: I don't like how I can't choose which page I want to go to now by putting in the page number especially, the old layout was much better :|

This new layout is repellent. Also it appears we cannot use gifs as Avi's now? That wont be popular. The only thing I like is how you can see the avi's of the person who last posted.

Twinkle,

You can still jump to page, please see the attachment.

And yes you should be able to use moving gif's, quite a few people have them and you can see them moving. Let me double check though.

post-240-0-34342700-1337626367_thumb.jpg

I don't like it....where did my avatar gooo?? Its so much smaller...I am sorry, but I really dislike this :rofl:

There use to be a profile picture and an Avatar, now the "avatar" is the default. You should simply be able to reupload the picture as your avatar. In one of my previous posts I mentioned how to do it.

How does one add YouTube videos now? :rofl:

The new software automatically parses media files and embeds them. So simply copy and paste the link

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2cYWfq--Nw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2cYWfq--Nw[/url]

As seen in the previous post.

Haha,the site has changed,oh my!! :rofl: :|

I dont know what to think yet but it looks good,I just want you to know I'm still the same Pami,I have not changed along with the thread! :| smily%20new%20one.gif

Tks for the tweets Sick!!

ITs not unique anymore!! It does not look like a fashion forum....it looks like a social media site :| I think the new threads are cool where they show the avis of those last posted and all, but there should definetly be some improvement to the top of the site.......the blank blue is just plain.

Yes we will be gradually improving the site over time, we just needed to get it online ASAP as we were running out of space on the old server as well as having lots of issue with new user registration/spam etc...

There will be growing pains and bugs but hopefully I can get them all worked out for everyone :rofl:

What happened to all the posts from yesterday???

I had put a notice on the top of the forum saying new posts (just yesterdays) would not be moved over. Unfortunately IPB does not allow read only, so I only had two options leave the forum up so people could still read, or take it down while the upgrade was in progress. I figured one day of posts lost was better then completely being offline.

Sorry :rofl:

How does one add YouTube videos now? :rofl:

The new software automatically parses media files and embeds them. So simply copy and paste the link

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2cYWfq--Nw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2cYWfq--Nw[/url]

As seen in the previous post.

^Cheers! :|

Also, is there any way I can "save" my 'View New Content' preferences? It keeps switching to 'Members' when I want 'Forums' - new members who have joined since my last visit aren't a pressing concern! :|

Ok so I won't complain... this site looks so different now, a lot like facebook... I'll get used to it BUT can somebody tell me:

-how to reply to a message without starting a new one? (I want to quote the previous message)

-why some of the messages are marked as deleted!?!? :rofl: I mean, if they were deleted then why can I see them in my inbox!?!?

-where can I find the options seeing all the news posts? Is it me or now I can only enter posts by their categories? :|

So to answer your question:

1) Please see the attachment, in the bottom right of each post you should see a "quote" button to quote the message.

2) In the old forum software, PM's were independent, now I guess they are more like threads like gmail. So during the upgrade they got switched and you have a bunch of old "deleted" messages. I am not sure why it didn't clean them up but they are there. I guess we just need to delete them (I have some going back to like 2007 :|, not fun)

3) I guess you figured it out

post-240-0-67680600-1337632418_thumb.jpg

Ok so I won't complain... this site looks so different now, a lot like facebook... I'll get used to it BUT can somebody tell me:

-how to reply to a message without starting a new one? (I want to quote the previous message)

-why some of the messages are marked as deleted!?!? :rofl: I mean, if they were deleted then why can I see them in my inbox!?!?

-where can I find the options seeing all the news posts? Is it me or now I can only enter posts by their categories? :|

1) Please see the attachment, in the bottom right of each post you should see a "quote" button to quote the message.

2) In the old forum software, PM's were independent, now I guess they are more like threads like gmail. So during the upgrade they got switched and you have a bunch of old "deleted" messages. I am not sure why it didn't clean them up but they are there. I guess we just need to delete them (I have some going back to like 2007 :|, not fun)

:| as for the first one, I meant messages as PMs, not posts... hmm, I just had to copy paste something from a 'deleted' message and start a new one cause otherwise I wouldn't be able to reply.... I have lots of old messages too, and it looks like most of them are marked as 'deleted', yet there are some single ones not marked as such O.o oh well. I guess we'll get used to this new layout.

Ah, sorry to bother you again, mad, I was trying to reupload my avatar (150x150). Since it was to big MB-wise I'm using a picture host and just wanted to insert the gif's URL, but BZ is telling me it's too big? How can it be to big, when I'm absolutely sure it's 150x150 and am using a picture host? Sorry if you've already answered the question ...

:| as for the first one, I meant messages as PMs, not posts... hmm, I just had to copy paste something from a 'deleted' message and start a new one cause otherwise I wouldn't be able to reply.... I have lots of old messages too, and it looks like most of them are marked as 'deleted', yet there are some single ones not marked as such O.o oh well. I guess we'll get used to this new layout.

It looks like its the same as a normal reply. Please see attachment.

Let me know if I still didnt understand your question correctly.

post-240-0-59009000-1337632319_thumb.jpg

I actually love the new software! It's so much more sophisticated than the old one, actually much easier to navigate around than the old one once you get used to it and, in all honesty, the old software was getting kind of outdated, guys. Being an admin on a board myself, I know how difficult it can be and how long it can take to update and I'm sure this is just the "intermediate" stage of updation. Also, I love how when you're posting and you want to put something in italics or whatever, this new software actually puts it in italics for you while you're making your post instead of just putting those lame tags around it and then italizing it after publishing your post; I know that was kind of long and drawn out, but, long story short, it assures that my post will look just the way I want it to when I publish it. smily%20new%20one.gif

In any case however, I'll just go ahead and complain about the same basic stuff that everybody else is complaining about:

• The board in it's state right now is kind of ugly, but seeing as we just converted I'm sure the appearance will be fixed as time goes by.
  • I do rather miss the larger icons, so I hope that can be worked out.
  • I also kinda miss having seperate icons and profile pictures, but if we can't fix that than I'm sure I won't be severly disappointed.

And probably a couple of other things I can't think of right now, but overall, I'm going to be completely honest, I think this new board is going to be much better than the old one. Great work maddog! make%20it%20clap.gif

^I actually like some aspects as well.......there is more member to member contact, and its cool that you can see the persons avi after you post!

But there are my two complants, I think that if these were fixed it would be perfect.....

*A MUCH LARGER AVI. And I really hope that gets impoved.

*This skin is just awful......it really doesn't look like a fashion forum, it looks like Facebook :rofl:

OH and also....I see you can like comments.......I am sorry, but this is not facebook :rofl: I just hope that these facebook theme gets gone soon.

I am curious Maddog, when will you be making some more modifications?