Bellazon

Problems and Suggestions for BZ - Post Here

Joe > Average

For some strange reason, my avatar remained through the update. Considering this "some-people-lost-their-avis-and-others-didn't" thing, I tried uploading nearly every animated avatar I have saved on my computer. For every one, even the one that I actually have in use, it said "Image size is too big", but still let me keep my avatar. It's was rather strange. I'm not sure if this in any way helps solve the situation, though.

On a side note, yay for the new mobile version! It's fantastic and wayyyyy better than tFS's mobile site...

I don't know if this has already been asked about, but what happened to the topic descriptions?

Yeah, good question. Also, what happened to the emoticons in posts? They're all just squares with red x's now

]Yup, found the setting on a per group setting as someone suggested :idk:

They know far more then I :clap:

5MB and 2000x2000 max dimensions

Ahh...ok. I played w/ that as well. That's how I was able to get my avatar to work. I didn't want to risk it by increasing the capacity too big.

Ahh...ok. I played w/ that as well. That's how I was able to get my avatar to work. I didn't want to risk it by increasing the capacity too big.

omg is it risk? i think with 3mb is enough for everyone i think

Well we have 2.1TB space now, but the problem is obviously going to be bandwidth. I need to balance that, but for now lets just get it working then I will deal with it later when I get a giant bill :clap:

shouldn't there be an option for remote hosting like in the previous version?

omg is it risk? i think with 3mb is enough for everyone i think

Well on our old forum the max was 800kb and 150 x 150 (which was what I set THIS forum to be when I was troubleshooting). Maddog increased it to 5MB. He is The Boss, so if he says it is ok then it is ok! :ddr:

You should be able to link your avatar from a hosting site. If not, let us know.

all i see is an import option but no linking the file would still be hosted by BZ and not the remote host

You should be able to link your avatar from a hosting site. If not, let us know.

Can you? It downloads it to BZ, I didnt find the option to leave it on an external site. If I could then I would definitively reduce the size back to say 1.5mb