Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2010 (PRE-SHOW Thread)

chicityboy

Exactly. It's not like anybody even cares about the FB aside from the fans. It's just a very expensive bra that someone gets to wear thrice and is never talked about again, or sold.

It does matter within the context of the show, since it's the unofficial mark of the "Alpha" girl that year.

It does matter to the fans. And even then, the show has always been the Heidi (and Tyra until 2005) show.

I don't begrudge Adri the bra. To be quite frank, I hardly care who gets it.

I just find it odd that they - as a rule - don't consider the model they have spearheaded many of their campaigns with this year.

But the only thing I'm really hoping for in the case of Candice is that they at least give her better outfits than last year.

Well several people on here argued just that! :laugh:

Oh, well, my computer's been down for a little while so I only skimmed the last couple pages to catch up. :p But even then, I just saw rationales for why Candice didn't get the bra, not anything close to proof that she was never considered. I think trying to argue she was never considered is just silly.

Oh, well, my computer's been down for a little while so I only skimmed the last couple pages to catch up. :p But even then, I just saw rationales for why Candice didn't get the bra, not anything close to proof that she was never considered. I think trying to argue she was never considered is just silly.

Well the argument several people above here made is that only the contracted Angels and "veterans" are considered.

And I think the only exception anyone listed to that "rule" was KK in '02.

^ There is no such thing as an exception to a rule, IMO. If an exception is possible, it was never truly a rule to begin with, and this "rule" in particular has never looked like anything other than fan speculation to me, like so many other supposed VS policies.

To use a sports analogy, VS is like a team that rides a player (Candice) hard all season long but then sits that player for the entire 4th quarter of the championship game (the VSFS) to put the ball in the hands of the wily veteran & former team star instead.

They have done that to Ale at the beginning of these past two years. I know that I thought that she was going to get the FB, but that would make sense and VS doesn't make sense.

I just find it odd that they - as a rule - don't consider the model they have spearheaded many of their campaigns with this year.

Who says VS didn't consider Candice for the bra?

I don't think anyone flat out said they didn't consider her, but rather, they explained why she didn't.

^ There is no such thing as an exception to a rule, IMO. If an exception is possible, it was never truly a rule to begin with, and this "rule" in particular has never looked like anything other than fan speculation to me, like so many other supposed VS policies.

Well I think it's pretty well-established most of us are taking out of our derrières here. :p

Not just in this thread either. :D

Me, I just find it odd that Candice did not get the bra in spite of her high profile for VS this year and came in here hoping to find some clarification.

I've certainly read some interesting opinions on the subject, though I very much doubt any one of them is the actual "truth".

And speaking of her cross-over appeal, she was featured on today's SI's Hot Clicks, which isn't exactly a page devoted to fashion aficionados.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/extr....html?eref=sihp

Models are featured all the time in 'men's world' type things, but that won't make her name stick.

EDIT: I'm so over talking about Candice. Next year she'll get the bra, everyone and their mother will know her name, and throngs of men and women will be talking about her perfection for decades to come... :whistle::rofl:

Well I think it's pretty well-established most of us are taking out of our derrières here. :p

Not just in this thread either. :D

Me, I just find it odd that Candice did not get the bra in spite of her high profile for VS this year and came in here hoping to find some clarification.

I've certainly read some interesting opinions on the subject, though I very much doubt any one of them is the actual "truth".

Alessandra never got the bra & she's been all over catalogues/events for a decade, so the "truth" is that VS will never give the bra to the girl who deserves it according to us :laugh:

Well it's all very subjective and I wouldn't be making the South-African's case if she wasn't my favorite of the bunch.

Having said that, I still think it's an odd tactic to promote the hell out of one model and then choose someone else for the highest "honor" at your marquee event.

Frankly, it's like having one of the bridesmaids kiss the groom. :p

When she's the new lead angel it's not an odd thing at all. They are priming the hell out of Adriana as well she's all over the stores the new campaigns and launches. But like I said with her being the new lead it makes complete sense. I think your view is subjective because she is your favorite, she just doesn't have the name to pull it off yet. Plus from what our sources tell us this decision was made back in late 09 so it was even before Candice was being pushed everywhere.

To me Candice wearing the bra would be like a guest showing up at a wedding expecting to be the center of attention, and being upset if she was upstaged by the bride.

In a few years she'll be able to wear it and with a name to support it. Right now she doesn't. In the U.S she just doesn't, period. Right now, she's just a blonde hot girl, and people on here and repeated that. Adriana most likely got the bra because of her come back and "promotion" (yes we know about the promotion from our sources, it's 100%) Honestly, if Candice would have gotten it, it would have been a bigger slap in the face to Ale. Anyway, Marisa got it because she already had quite the name out there, a lot of people knew who she was. Selita same thing simply because of Nick Cannon and that whole PR relationship. Most of the other girls have been VS's superstars. They have hardly EVER given the bra to someone who is all over the catalog, and etc. Heidi, Adriana, Tyra, Gisele, Marisa were/all are featured in the catalog, but they were never exposed the way Candice is, or even Ale is.

Anyway enough about Candice, time will tell...always does.

Anyway some news

VS looks like they are making quite the big deal out of this fantasy bra this year, they have teaser videos ready to go for Facebook, Access Hollywood, VS pressroom and more. Adriana is even featured with it for an Associates video that will be aired in stores, and at the big yearly meeting this year. So it looks like they are taking the fantasy back they way the promoted it years before, talk shows, and etc. This is good for anyone who might wear it in the future, we might be getting just a little bit of classic VS back.

So by that reasoning, it's very likely Adri would get it next year as well? :idk:

Now that would just be f*cked up! I could see Rosie getting it even though Candice (again) and probably Ale will probably look like they should get it. Actually, I think next year it will be Candice and Adriana everywhere, but everyone will be holding out for Ale to get it because by now she deserves it etc. etc. and then Rosie getting it.

So by that reasoning, it's very likely Adri would get it next year as well? :idk:

Now that would just be f*cked up! I could see Rosie getting it even though Candice (again) and probably Ale will probably look like they should get it.

Well I see your point with Transformers III coming out on July 1st... They can probably ride the coattails of the international promo campaign for that movie until November.

My guess is it will go to Rosie (if she signs) , or Miranda next year. Candice (if she signs an angel contract anytime soon) she could get it as well.

As for Adriana getting it again LOL! My guess is she'll get it most likely one more time in her next 8 years or so she's signed on for. But I'm guessing that's pretty far out. If she got it two years in a row, yes it would be majorly f*cked up.