Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Sophia finally giving Behati some love. 

Pretty sure Adriana, Gisele, Izabel and Ale weren't the best English speakers too when they became Angels  :idk: I think Lais' problem is that she just comes across as too quiet. 

Then again half the Angels and regular models used, pretty much suck at talking themselves, and many are native English speakers. 

I have never heard Lais speak, so I dont know how "bad" her English is, but Adriana's hasn't improved for like 15 years! She still has the thickest accent and constantly makes mistakes while speaking/posting online.

Ale's on the other hand, is way too funny, she is trying way to hard, I can't stand her speaking.

In fact, most foreign Angels are quite bad doing interviews, but i guess it is all about the personality you are showing through your interviews. Doutzen speaks pretty good in terms of grammar but the way she speaks: gentle, soft, shy, it's like the biggest adventure of her day is to give an interview. :D

I liked best Marisa and Heidi as spokespersons, their personalities were just outshining everything they were saying. Same goes with Gisele, despite her accent too.

Candice can be very picky/lazy, same for Miranda. They are just trying way too hard to sound knowledgeable. 

Here's her speaking English

Brazilians do have strong accents so it would take a very long time to get rid of them, but considering they have family which I assume they speak Portuguese to, it's not like they want to get rid of it. Doutzen, Gisele and Karolina I think are very good at doing the interviews, but it's definitely not in Doutzen's persona to be a loud one, I think it's not uncommon for Dutch people to have very soft voices when doing things in English, even with Dutch males, they still have relatively soft and sweet English voices. :hehe: 

I also think Tyra's personality shone through, as well as Rosie's. Candice sounds really uninterested in what she's selling (I kind of think her voice is somewhat too screechy at points), and Miranda goes off topic too much for VS events, if you took a shot every time she talked about herself or KORA you're guaranteed to get hammered by the end of it (Y) 

Lais is beautiful and doesn't sound bad at all but she doesn't stand out enough. She won't become a big angel but she's still a go to girl for VS and has lasted longer than a lot of the other girls they've tried out and failed with. So they like her. Really though VS haven't made a new angel in a while now. Karlie was the last one and it doesn't seem like they're too keen on contracting another girl any time soon. We always say Lindsay and Ale are on the way out and then they're still around. So who the hell knows what VS are doing.

VS needs models like Daniela Lopez Osorio, Sandra Kubicka, Solveig Mork, Yara Khmidan, Michelle Vawer. I don't understan why vs won't hire models like this type of girls. they're commercial looking. VS is a commercial brand not a high fashion brand So I don't understand why they hire high fashion girls to be in their show or model for the their catalogs.

yes the only vs angels I like is Doutzen & Lily & that is it. the rest angels are just boring.

+ I could understand what Lais is saying her accent is not that bad. is actually cute. i don't think VS has a problem with her accent. VS didn't had a problem w/ dri & ale english accent, so I pretty sure they don't have it with Lais. it must be some othet reason why VS doesn't wanna give her a contract.

Awww Lais! such cute accent.

Thanks for  providing this video, it is the first time I heard her speak and I think she sounds good. I understand her perfectly, she's got an accent but it's cute, it is not annoying like Lima's. 

The girl is just shy. But she is beautiful regardless. I like her but I don't think she has what it takes to be an angel.

edit; Oh, and yes, agree about Miranda and Candice.  :PinkCouture2:

I think she's very sweet, but for me, Cameron Russell speaks so well and she's so intelligent (did you guys see her TED talk?) that if I was a brand, I'd like to have her representing me, opposed to the latvian model that was in this video, for ex. :)

VS needs models like Daniela Lopez Osorio, Sandra Kubicka, Solveig Mork, Yara Khmidan, Michelle Vawer. I don't understan why vs won't hire models like this type of girls. they're commercial looking. VS is a commercial brand not a high fashion brand So I don't understand why they hire high fashion girls to be in their show or model for the their catalogs.

yes the only vs angels I like is Doutzen & Lily & that is it. the rest angels are just boring.

VS is forever gonna try to be viewed as high fashion. They're like the girl from school who tried to be in the popular crowd but didn't quite get there.

Also Shanina > Life. I still don't get why they didn't book her last year. Hopefully they will this year.

^ But Laetitia is Laetitia... The bombshell, the world known sex kitten (not to mention an national treasure). Casta was the Monica Bellucci of France in terms of her beauty and everyone knew it. She was the Gen X of models - almost a 90's supermodel, but the title sadly was out of her reach (if she'd just been born a couple years earlier). Lais on the other hand another pretty faceless model from Brazil who has zero hype surrounding her. She's lacking that instant presence and appeal that Tyra, Gisele and Heidi had, and she sure as hell doesn't scream unreal beauty of Casta and Lima.

post-19830-0-1446077601-17485_thumb.png

I can only agree with that! :Angel:

And I honestly have no idea who Lais is! :idk:

nop. VS need my gorgeous exotic and FIERCE Angela Ruiz 

<---------------------- look 

Jasmine Tookes Introduces New Victoria's Secret Fragrance "Scandalous"

http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010020011U1412913861227479

When: Tuesday, 10/21/2014 @ 11:00 am

Where: Victoria’s Secret @ Lincoln Road (Miami, FL)

Update

Jasmine will be taking photos with fans at the following Miami locations & times:

Lincoln Road: 1-2pm

Dadeland Mall: 6-7pm