Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

^ They are still normal regardless of their work. There are different sizes and a good part of the industry embraces that, otherwise they wouldn't be successful in their careers.

The problem here is the standard VS holds for the models/sexiness, which IMO is ridiculous because Emily and Marloes look a lot better in lingerie/swimsuits than Stella and a most of the girls in their website.

Yes, yes, you're right, but that's my point: we are talking about VS! Their choices, their thin models! Marloes has curves that most models in the website don't have.  I think we cannot expect to see girls like Emily, if their standard for what is normal are girls like Karlie or Stella or Behati. It would be awesome, tho! And VS can always surprise us.

VS ain't selling bras no more. They're selling push-ups, push-ins, push-all-the-ways.

Sad but true  :hehe:

^ The whole point is that VS standards are ridiculous. Emily, Marloes, etc are not 'big' girls, not for VS, not for SI, not for Dior or any brand you want to name. As I said, regardless of what they do they are still normal women and they still have better bodies than most of girls in the VS website.

Just because it's VS it doesn't mean it's okay to call those women too big  :banghead: 

As far as the Barbara thing goes it was said the situation after the 2012 VSFS with Beiber gave negative attention to the company.

Also the following year she moved to Paris and VS will only work with their established stars who are not living in NY. Living in Europe and VS having many other options probably led to the cutting of ties but I am not completely sure its a done relationship for good.

^ They are still normal regardless of their work. There are different sizes and a good part of the industry embraces that, otherwise they wouldn't be successful in their careers.

The problem here is the standard VS holds for the models/sexiness, which IMO is ridiculous because Emily and Marloes look a lot better in lingerie/swimsuits than Stella and a most of the girls in their website.

Yes, yes, you're right, but that's my point: we are talking about VS! Their choices, their thin models! Marloes has curves that most models in the website don't have.  I think we cannot expect to see girls like Emily, if their standard for what is normal are girls like Karlie or Stella or Behati. It would be awesome, tho! And VS can always surprise us.

VS ain't selling bras no more. They're selling push-ups, push-ins, push-all-the-ways.

Sad but true  :hehe:

Funnily, I would never call Marloes a "girl with curves". She´s very slim actually and very thin. We should not perceive (not even models) from the "VS" point of view. Or any designer that requires 40kg girls (which is ok for 13-year olds or adult Asian women of average height of 1,45m).

We should not have our view distorted by (some kind of) fashion, never. You should never be able to call Emily or Marloes "big", not even in the "fashion terms". Just no.It´s ridiculous. It´s like saying: You´re ok for normal world, but not for the world of fashion." But the world of fashion is about beauty and beauty products that are being bought by women of many sizes. Many body types.

Not every woman can be a model and that´s ok. But this "thinner than thou" standard is absurd. It´s a mess.

:hug:

You know they say that the camera adds around 10-15 pounds?  So I've heard :p..  Everybody looks a bit rounder after the camera than in the mirror and in real life. :)

Funnily, I would never call Marloes a "girl with curves". She´s very slim actually and very thin. We should not perceive (not even models) from the "VS" point of view.

:hug:

You know they say that the camera adds around 10-15 pounds?  So I've heard :p..  Everybody looks a bit rounder after the camera than in the mirror and in real life. :)

Funnily, I would never call Marloes a "girl with curves". She´s very slim actually and very thin. We should not perceive (not even models) from the "VS" point of view.

Andy :hug:

I noticed that models tend to look much thiner in candids and instagram photos than in photoshoots, and also people who met them IRL always say they are much thiner than even in candids.

I think it is thanks to the fact that in photoshoots we have no "real" measurement to compare them to, the brain cannot really imagine the real proportions (thus actors can look bigger, taller, or thiner than they really are) - the same applies for models I think.

Its all about how they shoot them too, downward angle makes them look bigger shooting from the side accents their figure and so on.

Not to mention that VS also is generous with adding/enhancing curves through photo editing.

VS (and others) seem to think that over photoshopping is their friend. It's not. I wish they would go back to the age of "retouching" when it was just things like eliminating shadows, stray hairs, and the like.  Plasticizing is not pretty.

And the sad part of it, my best friend won't see the photoshopping, she sees the skinny model and gets frustrated.  And she IS super tiny!

My point is that she doesn't look behind the curtain, like we all here do.

Yeah, I could see Martha replacing her. I would have love to see Bregje replacing her but I don't know what happen with her relationship with VS. I haven't seen anything new for a while already. Is Brdgje done w/VS?

I think it was about the GIF in that link where it's just a headless torso?

As for who else is in VSX pics... Adriana, Candice, Doutzen are probably obvious. I also see Cris Urena, Britt Maren, Arlenis Sosa, Bregje Heinen, Sara Sampaio, Kristina Romanova, and then Erin and Behati if you go into "Panties." XD

I'm pretty stoked for the new Lily VSX.  :hehe:

VS (and others) seem to think that over photoshopping is their friend. It's not. I wish they would go back to the age of "retouching" when it was just things like eliminating shadows, stray hairs, and the like.  Plasticizing is not pretty.

And the sad part of it, my best friend won't see the photoshopping, she sees the skinny model and gets frustrated.  And she IS super tiny!

My point is that she doesn't look behind the curtain, like we all here do.

That´s the problem I often forget about - that mostly people do not "look behind the curtain" of the fashion world as we do. That causes lots of misunderstanding and distortion.

And the photoshop is crazy awful.