Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Let's be clear, VS's 'type' is clearly high fashion models. As much as people want to believe that they have 'no standards' and 'will take any tumblr models', this is simply not true. When was the last time an angel wasn't a legit fashion model of some sort to begin with?! VS rarely (or if ever, in recent years) has worked with a totally random hot model off of a social media website. They just don't. The VS aesthetic is essentially well-respected HF models, albeit with some exceptions.

Think of their current angels. Lindsay, Behati, Karlie, Candice, Doutzen, Elsa, Lais, were all 'it' runway models at some point (maybe Candice not so much, but she did do FWs). Lily Aldridge is the only exception, but she's from a well-respected fashion background and had some legit print work.

Edit: BTW today I met Lindsay for the first time and she was lovely. I was with my friend Michelle and Lindsay was very sweet to us! This is the picture that Michelle took with Lindsay; mine was so ratchet haha.

post-31367-0-1446077307-69045_thumb.jpg

I'm guessing you didn't ask her to rock out with you.

Anyways, VS's type is the "famous" model, be it in high-fashion or otherwise. It's why they got Chanel, Doutzen, Karlie and Lily (whom VS only got interested in when her rocker boyfriend got a hit) and why they courted Kate, Barbara or Cara. Of course, through the VSFS they get a lot of high fashion models, but usually it's only the good sellers from that bunch that stick around.

On another note, I saw that VS made a bigger deal of Adriana's birthday than of that of the other Angels. I'm gonna guess that it's either her last year or she's getting a 3rd FB.

I'm guessing you didn't ask her to rock out with you.

Anyways, VS's type is the "famous" model, be it in high-fashion or otherwise. It's why they got Chanel, Doutzen, Karlie and Lily (whom VS only got interested in when her rocker boyfriend got a hit) and why they courted Kate, Barbara or Cara. Of course, through the VSFS they get a lot of high fashion models, but usually it's only the good sellers from that bunch that stick around.

On another note, I saw that VS made a bigger deal of Adriana's birthday than of that of the other Angels. I'm gonna guess that it's either her last year or she's getting a 3rd FB.

Hopefully both.

Two weeks ago she was at Pier 59 and she posted a pic from there on IG (that's how I know). She could've been shooting something else like Maybelline, but VS was shooting there at the time and no pics of her and pics of the other girls shooting? But anyway, who knows.

Just me or VS hasn't done anything in a while. No new commercials, no press events .... just silence. Are they saving all the money they got for the VSFS in London or what ?

They've just done two events in Chicago this past month and had like 3 commercials in a row.