Kevork89

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

I miss the massive hype train revolving around VS and SI and how it brought the BZ community together.  Those were good times..a lot of fun.

@ nostalgia

I told myself I'd stop coming here because there's nothing now, but I'm secretly waiting for some sort of massive bombshell to drop about everything and anything. 😜

I miss having a lot to talk about as well because no on in my real life likes or even knows people are fans of VS. I sometimes read through this thread in my free time, and it's crazy to see how many posters used to be here and that aren't anymore. I barely even post on here anymore because there's not much to say. At least we have individual model threads to entertain us! 

Hello everyone! My name is Brandon and I'm new here. Most of what I remember about VS comes from the mags my Aunt Rosalind used to get when I was little. That was where I first saw Tyra Banks! My Aunt used to tease me about it a lot.

Welcome Brandon!

VS catalogue (sic) and photo quality was superb back in the 90's and 2000's. The Brazilian bombshells of Adriana, Isabeli, Alessandra, Izabel, Ana BB, and Caroline (Francischini and Trentini); although I never cared much for Gisele. The shoots would often try to tell a story, even if it was just one photo for some random lingerie. (Examples below.)

Obviously white wall shows the product better, but you can still do shoots with visual variety like Venus does. They have been doing that to a limited extent with the FLL line and a few campaign photos for the socials and as headers on the web site, but virtually all the photos are white wall. With the catalogue, it was easier to group photos in a theme. On the web, unless it's for a brand line like FLL or Intimissimmi, each product has to stand alone and so you get the white wall bleh. 

V234295.jpg V232918.jpg V227103.jpg V243594.jpg

Sort of Off Topic, I just peeked at Venus.com. Not only do they have plus sizes, and good looking models! 

Sandra Kubica was the only on I recognized. 

But, their vibe to me is a lot like VS in it’s heyday. 

12 hours ago, CandleVixen said:

Sort of Off Topic, I just peeked at Venus.com. Not only do they have plus sizes, and good looking models! 

Sandra Kubica was the only on I recognized. 

But, their vibe to me is a lot like VS in it’s heyday. 

I started buying my bathing suits from there! After VS ended their swimsuit line I held onto this one bikini for a while because it fit me correctly and it's hard for me to find any that actually fit, and because they did bra sizes it was perfect. Well when they came back with swim, hardly ANY larger sizes in the chest. It was terrible...so that's when I discovered Venus.com and even when digging on the site, they do have some cute clothes that fit well. I've made quite a few purchases from them. :)

Global brands employ Uyghur Muslims as ‘forced labour’

https://www.sundayguardianlive.com/news/global-brands-employ-uyghur-muslims-forced-labour

The report released by the Australian Strategic Policy Institute (ASPI) titled “Uyghurs for Sale” stated that big, well-known global companies in the field of clothing, technology and automotive sectors like Abercrombie & Fitch, Amazon, GAP, H&M, Nike, Jack & Jones, Sharp, Siemens, Skechers, ASUS, Apple, Samsung, Huawei, BMW, Volkswagen, Sony, Polo Ralph Lauren, Puma, Victoria’s Secret, Vivo, among others, are using Uyghur Muslims as “forced labour” in their factories in China.

31 minutes ago, Top-modèle196 said:

If there is ever another show, who do you guys want to perform? My pick is BTS :rofl:

bruno mars and the weeknd, they always do a good job imo i also liked harry styles and halsey so i'd like to see them again

6 hours ago, Schemer said:

Global brands employ Uyghur Muslims as ‘forced labour’

https://www.sundayguardianlive.com/news/global-brands-employ-uyghur-muslims-forced-labour

Doesn't really surprise me, unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, Top-modèle196 said:

If there is ever another show, who do you guys want to perform? My pick is BTS :rofl:

I loved The Struts, so having them again would be nice... 

Almost anyone BUT Tay-tay!!!

Id also root d for less live acts and more mixes if they could get the music budget increased to allow for the royalties

1 hour ago, Bettina Saw-Morgan said:

😱😱😱

VSBeauty did start following Irina Shayk and Juan Smalls recently. I found that strange since that page usually starts following models once they start working with them. 

Irina's manager is working really hard!!! But of course Irina herself too. 😍😍😍Deym, she is everywhere.

The devil works hard but Ali works harder :rofl:

Excited for this, I never understood why VS and Irina didn't work together more. IIRC she's still the face of Intimissimi but hopefully she'll start shooting lingerie for them soon, god knows VS really needs a good model :ninja:

Irina  and Joan “back” with VS.  It’s about time. 

I am also loving Joan’s hair. 

I care very little about VS anymore as a consumer - they lost my interest with their products over the last few years and with my fav Angels transitioning away, I found myself just following the remaining girls individually more than the brand, but I do think VS is moving in a good direction. The Angel schtick needs to be retired and VS should shift that budget/energy into producing higher value campaigns with girls like Joan and Irina.