Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

1 minute ago, bellazonelurker said:

And not just VS Tumblr. There are so many forums, sites about VS that stopped posting few months or year ago. It seems that nobody cares about VS anymore, even here barely few people post, on tfs the last post was one month ago etc.

The VS tumblr is not a fan site or forum. :cain: It's a marketing tool used and run by VS. 

The people at tFS think they're way too special to care about something as common as VS. 

21 hours ago, katchitup said:

A little OT but a page back you guys were discussing the 40% off swimsuits thing. Anyone else having the problem of literally almost everything being sold out? And the stuff that isn't sold out won't ship for at least another month :ninja: 

I've loved VS swim in the past but I went in store to try on this season's swimsuits and damn I thought they all sucked :ninja: Every swimsuit had a little something on it. Small, a little ruffle int he fabric here, or a strap here, that ruined the swimsuit. Other years past I never had this problem, was wondering if other people thought this season's swim sucked too. 

EDIT: Posted also in the VS non-model related discussion. 

Agreed.

I managed to find someone who bring me VS stuff this month but there is nothing on my size that I like. I think the past two years have sucked pretty bad for the most part.

1 hour ago, toodarnhot said:

The VS tumblr is not a fan site or forum. :cain: It's a marketing tool used and run by VS. 

The people at tFS think they're way too special to care about something as common as VS. 

I know that VS is official VS tumblr, not a fan site. I just said that fan sites/forums are dropping one by one, I gave an example of tfs who weren't too special to care about VS before, because they wrote more than a few posts a day about VS, but now nothing. That is just one example, at least 10 sites/forums about VS that I went to are now gone/stopped posting and that all happened few months ago. 

I have noticed that this thread is pretty quiet for a thread that is supposed to be one of the biggest and most popular ones on this site. This thread was more active in the past? But around the VSFS there is so much activity regarding VS that it can be hard to keep up with all the posts and news!

It's just a quiet period for VS. There's nothing happening right now, apart from some catalog shoots.  Leading up to the swim special the thread was busy, and come July when they start doing the holiday commercial and VSFS info really starts rolling come September, this thread will be buzzing again until the show airs. Last year there was the new Angel announcements and everything too, so it was a relatively significant transition period for VS. This year there haven't been any huge shake ups in the line up. 

^ While that is true, i do agree that the interest on VS is dying down.

BZ cares less, tfs never cared much but now is like VS doesn't exist, the other lovevsmodels forum thing is on its way to death row, VS Holic died and so on ... I also don't see their (VS) social network following increasing that much in any platform and we all saw their sales decreased, same for the VSFS ratings.

Tbh, VS needs to get their shit together because they are losing their status as the brand everyone knows and cares (more or less) about. I think the change on models from hot women to teen looking girls turned off a LOT of people and also the lack of diversity may be a problem with your mainstream audience (both in ethnicity/looks and in body types), and having like 25 different people in their catalogs + 15 angels also took away the exclusivity of it killing the brand's appeal within the fashion industry :idk:

VS plan to appeal teens by having younger, relatable models like say Lily A or Behati may have worked in the short term, but long term it feels to me like a massive failure. Teenagers grow up and move on, first of all for the most part they can't afford those $60 bras so they are not loyal costumers, then they forget they used to love X or Y model and move on with their lives. And I know several women who got so turned off by the image VS was pushing that they stopped shopping there.

It's a lot of things combined, but when you put it all together VS does seem to have their best years behind them. Unless they do some changes now under their new management.

Few years back when I was in high school :ninja: 

Few of the girls I knew would buy that "one set" of VS stuff like bra and panties something special and just have the one. Also the fact other places like La Senza was cheaper and closer :ermm: Unfortunately I only saw one girl in any of this <_<

4 minutes ago, jay_hk said:

so... Maxim hot 100 number 1 this year is.... stella 

lol

What?? I don’t buy that. She just doesn’t have that bombshell body that the average man generally finds the hottest.

But Stella is the best example of how much styling matters. Going from grungy kid to Victoria’s Secret Angel.

Maxwell’s affirmations are on a tear right now. While in Joshua Tree, California, shooting with Gilles Bensimon for Maxim, she felt strongly that the images would make the ultimate cover for the Hot 100. (Magic 8 Ball says: It is decidedly so.)

It does sound like they aren’t even trying to pretend that she got the cover because people voted for her to be number one.